Old 03-19-2004, 08:35 PM   #57
Rivet Monster

1975 31' Sovereign
1980 31' Excella II
Sprung Leak , North Carolina
I made copies of the orginal post and sent them to our branch offices. Our HR department is going to send them out with the pay checks. We have crews in 9 states at the moment. Several of our guys own and live in TT while on the road. At the moment I am the only one with an AS. One of the guys used to have a Silver Streak though.
Good luck with the search and hope it gets found soon. BTW Drove from DC to Fayetteville, NC on I-95 today and did not see a single AS

Aaron

WBCCI #XXXX AIR #2495
Why are we in this basket...and where are we going
wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2004, 08:43 PM   #58
Just an old timer...

Tipton , Iowa
Quote:
Originally posted by wahoonc
I made copies of the orginal post and sent them to our branch offices. Our HR department is going to send them out with the pay checks. We have crews in 9 states at the moment. Several of our guys own and live in TT while on the road. At the moment I am the only one with an AS. One of the guys used to have a Silver Streak though.
Good luck with the search and hope it gets found soon. BTW Drove from DC to Fayetteville, NC on I-95 today and did not see a single AS

Aaron
Well done, Aaron!

Roger

Old 03-20-2004, 12:55 AM   #59

Send a message via AIM to rvmaster
RJ
Sure sorry to hear about your unit.
We have heard of two stolen units here in the Great Smokey mountains in the last two weeks. One airstream and one montana fifth wheel.
I think some theft ring is a foot!
We are only two hours from you.
I work in all the campgrounds in western NC and north georgia. Been doing RV service for 31 years this year and our season is just about to begin.
Myself and staff will be on the lookout, if it was stashed here in my mountains we will find it.
Good luck and God Bless.
Rvmaster Appalachian RV
Old 03-20-2004, 01:10 AM   #60

I have recently been bit by the A/S bug and I am looking to purchase a small Bambi or Caravell in the Atlant area. As I am sure you all know when you are looking for an A/S you see them everywhere. I live in the Canton area and work around Hw 75 and 285. I was out past 85 and Jimmy Carter where I noticed a trailer park and the back side of what looked like a warehouse for travel trailers. I will be back out there over the next couple of weeks and I will keep my eyes open for your lost safari.

I am sorry for your loss but it looks like you have a good bit of support trying to find your lost trailer.

Keep us posted
Old 03-20-2004, 10:39 AM   #61
2 Rivet Member

I am glad we attached our WBCCI stickers

So sorry to hear about this tragedy.!!

We have the picture in the Suburban. Will travel soon and will keep an eye out.

We almost didn't attach the WBCII stickers because we heard it would leave a shadow. Glad we did. It might be a theft deterent.

Will advise WBCII members at our April rally to check this web site if it hasn't been found yet.

Myrna
Old 03-20-2004, 11:12 AM   #62

2004 30' Classic Slideout
Fenton , Missouri
Send a message via AIM to jcanavera Send a message via Skype™ to jcanavera
I know a person who either painted or used giant number decals and put their WBCCI number directly on the roof of their unit. Thinking about it most thieves may not look up there. I'm thinking about sticking mine up on the A/C cover. Wouldn't mess up the aluminum.

Jack
AIR #56
'04 Classic 30' S.O.,'03 GMC Savana 2500,'14 Honda CTX 700
jcanavera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2004, 11:48 AM   #63
Rivet Master

2017 26' Flying Cloud
North Central , USA
[QUOTE]Originally posted by jcanavera
[B] ...and put their WBCCI number directly on the roof of their unit. Thinking about it most thieves may not look up there. ...

Interesting idea. Police & news helicopters would be among the first to see them!
Old 03-20-2004, 03:30 PM   #64
3 Rivet Member

Richmond , Virginia
Check these out....

www.fishing-catalog.com/hammerlock/wheel.htm
http://www.universalboot.com/english...cts/boot1.html
http://www.awdirect.com/awdirect/cat...ion&linkid=127

Copied from the AS website forum, provided my another AS owner.

I think it is event better than LoJack - nice visual deterent...

WBCCI #2468
2006 Ford F-150 Lariart 4X4
2004 19' Bambi Safari LS
luckydc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2004, 02:45 PM   #65
2 Rivet Member

WBCCI Numbers on Top

I think numbers on top is a grand idea, in addition to the ones visible on the trailer.

If professional thieves really are intent on getting the trailer, they will. The identifying number on top could be a real surprise later.

We really do need something because all the trailers look alike. It would be good to have something unusual visible on the trailer just for the rare possibility of something like this happening. I'm still thinking on this.

Myrna
Old 03-21-2004, 06:39 PM   #66
3 Rivet Member

1993 29' Excella
Jonesboro , Louisiana
Ralph,

Sorry about your loss--I'll keep a watch here in Louisiana and Mississippi.

Keep us posted,
McKesh mirrors
James Schmidt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2004, 09:17 PM   #67
Castaway

Appalachia , Pennsylvania
I have the same trailer

I'm sorry to hear about your loss. I will certainly keep my eyes peeled for it. Airstreams are few and far between where I live.

Since I own virtually the same trailer, I know certain things to look for. For instance, you must have twin beds because your outside storage compartments are different than mine.

It's the little things. I think 99 was the only year for our particular awning (supports)... which, by the way, leaves much to be desired compared to the later ones.

I think I heard/read somewhere that no two Airstreams are exactly alike. Almost like a fingerprint. And then there are the individual owner modifications, such as your tire carrier.

Good Luck!

Attached Images

Old 04-05-2004, 12:49 AM   #68
3 Rivet Member

1974 31' Sovereign
Texarkana , Arkansas
This is exactly my fear...My AS is a '74. My husband and I are planning on moving to his hometown soon and we are taking the AS with us (of course). The problem is that he says there is not a place to park our AS near the house and plans on LEAVING IT AT THE CATTLE RANCH that his parents have. His brother will be living on a piece of land, but no one can be there 24-7. My arguement is that this is a VERY EASY way for someone to steal it because it will be in easy view and easy to just cut the fence and take off with it........We will be living next door to his parents' home and he says that his mother will not have room for us to park our AS----The property has an 'easement' and nothing is to block the path.............He says it is an old trailer and that no one will bother it-----------------------I am VERY UPSET!!!!!!!!
Old 04-05-2004, 04:49 AM   #69
Rivet Master

"He says it is an old trailer and that no one will bother it"

Trailers in that part of the country, as in some others, tend to disappear into the woods where they are used as hunting cabins. If ever found the user will claim that it must have been abandoned there.

Mark
Old 04-05-2004, 09:10 AM   #70
3 Rivet Member

1974 31' Sovereign
Texarkana , Arkansas
That is my arguement. I have been offered money for my AS several times because people want to use it to use it for 'hunting' or 'just camping'. To me, it is an easy invitation--parking it on land. No lock and key is any deterrent to keep any thief from getting what he wants to get--just look at what happenend to the AS above! (In a private storage nonetheless). I just think it is safer parked at a residence where no one knows for sure who is home and when they are home to shoot thier pants off for tresspassing on your home property. Leaving it on a farm is a 'sitting duck'!!!!!!!!!