Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-27-2016, 02:37 PM   #15
Rivet Master
1995 25' Excella
xxxxx , xxxxxx
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 1,399
Progressive also gave me an agreed value policy.

CRH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 06:30 PM   #16
jcanavera's Avatar

2004 30' Classic Slideout
Fenton , Missouri
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 9,022
Images: 143
Send a message via AIM to jcanavera Send a message via Skype™ to jcanavera
Insurance without a truck - Is it possible?

Just another vote for Progressive. First 5 years on a brand new trailer you get replacement coverage. After that point it's stated value based on what you paid. At this point if my 12 year old Classic was totaled, I would get a payout for my original purchase price of the trailer back in 2004. Plus the road service coverage covers both the trailer and tow vehicle, even if the tow vehicle is not insured by Progressive. Tow vehicle gets disabled they will tow trailer and tow vehicle.


Jack Canavera
AIR #56
'04 Classic 30' S.O.,'03 GMC Savana 2500,'14 Honda CTX 700
jcanavera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2016, 11:20 PM   #17
4 Rivet Member
Adiredneck's Avatar
2014 27' FB Classic
Vicksburg , Mississippi
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 267
Images: 7
Several issues: What you are proposing to use the AS for is technically a commercial purpose, not as a recreational vehicle, therefore you will need to provide commercial coverage. Insurance laws vary from state to state (my expertise is New York), but generally speaking, liability insurance (harm or damage you do to others) on a trailer comes from the vehicle that is towing it. Liability while it is parked and being used as a gallery/outreach, etc. will need to come from a Comprehensive General Liability (CGL) policy. This is a business liability policy that is "portable" as to location, versus a "premises liability" (OL&T) for a building or fixed location. Contractors use CGLs, as they need their insurance to follow them from job site to job site. Thirdly, comes physical damage coverage for the trailer and contents. Again, this needs to be both commercial and portable, so what you are looking for is an "inland marine floater". This can usually be packaged with your Commercial Auto and CGL to save you some money. Again, this is NOT personal or RV-type insurance as many people above have recommended. In fact, personal and RV policies EXCLUDE any commercial activity! Any good independent insurance agent who handles commercial insurance coverages should be able to fix you up with what you need. Good Luck!

"Hot meals, cold beer, dry bed & flush toilet - everything I look for in a wilderness experience..."
Adiredneck is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
new to Airstream is it possible to live in an Airstream without AC? jeffshaw On The Road... 26 06-03-2015 06:23 PM
General Insurance and Public Liability Insurance for Airstreams in UK Conistonair Our Community 0 04-12-2015 04:26 AM
Insurance threatening total of truck funkill Off Topic Forum 5 11-27-2012 03:51 PM
Trailer Insurance at one company, Auto Insurance at a different one Scott J-24 Insurance & Claims 13 04-07-2011 06:43 AM

Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:32 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Airstream is a registered trademark of Airstream Inc. All rights reserved. Airstream trademark used under license to Social Knowledge LLC.