Old 03-23-2004, 08:25 AM   #15
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
Re: Re: Re: Before you fall off your chairs laughing...

Quote:
Originally posted by 85MH325

I THOUGHT you'd find that interesting!

Roger
Just ordered a hundred used smoke detectors...gonna try to save some money on electrical costs.

Old 03-23-2004, 08:52 AM   #16
Rivet Master

1956 16' Bubble
Rose Lodge , Oregon
i don't think we're ALL republicans here...

Originally posted by jaco
Apparently State Farm who profits from probability theory think that John (Frenchy) Kerry is going to win the prez derby. Woe be the day. Originally posted by jaco

and my opinion is that state farm refigured the chances of george dumbya getting coked up & pushing the red button himself just for kicks.

Old 03-23-2004, 09:48 AM   #17
4 Rivet Member

Re: i don't think we're ALL republicans here...

Quote:
Originally posted by summerkid

"i don't think we're ALL republicans here..."

and my opinion is that state farm refigured the chances of george dumbya getting coked up & pushing the red button himself just for kicks.

"i don't think we're ALL republicans here..."
-Summerkid

Nope that's for sure, if we were I would surely change parties.

"and my opinion is that state farm refigured the chances of george dumbya getting coked up & pushing the red button himself just for kicks".
-Summerkid

Hmmmn!....
By the way is that really what cokin' up will do to ya ....make you push buttons and be irrational..??
8 years of losing sleep over this will probably not be good for your eyes.
Old 03-23-2004, 10:04 AM   #18
Rivet Master

1959 22' Caravanner
Atlanta , Georgia
I don't know if there is any fuel still there but Georgia Tech has a Reactor right in the middle of down town Atlanta that at one time was working. it's from the 50's

I live just a few miles from NAS Atlanta and Lockheed. Would not surprise me in the least if there was not a reactor there. There is a underground hanger there. They do have a power plant that can run the base and Lockheed.

They send the nukes I know where my house is will be a glass desert.

Tech will also be targeted. They do a lot of military research on campus. I managed to be in the right place at the right time and got the tour of the design prototype of the Patriot missle system targeting system test mule. Installed a car phone for one of the head professors on the design team. It was raining so he pulled his car into the building and was very proud to tell me what that semi trailer with all the wires hanging out of it was that I was working next too.

I also installed a phone for a VERY nerdy little dude down there. Not sure what his gig was but lots of pass codes to get into his building and lots of people who just twiddled thumbs and watched doors. Most of them didn't look "Civilian". This guy was a Gaget freak with expensive gagets for the time. Drove of all things a 1972 4 door nova. He was testing out Data ability before I could get the car the rest of the way together...this was 17 years ago.

That's just junk I know about first hand...I wonder what I don't know about. LOL.

World is not as simple as it seems. There are things that most people are blissfully unaware of. Might has well enjoy that bliss cause there is not much you can do to change it.
59toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2004, 11:33 AM   #19
Site Team

1964 26' Overlander
1964 19' Globetrotter
Eastern , Washington
Up on the roof

We figure when the sirens go off it's probably too late. I'm getting a tumbler of the best single malt in the cupboard and climbing up on the roof to watch the light show (being mindful of course to walk only on the frame members).

Let's have a polishing party: I'll supply the trailer and buffing supplies. BYOB (bring your own buffer)

AirForums Custom Search
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2004, 11:35 AM   #20
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
Re: i don't think we're ALL republicans here...

Quote:
Originally posted by summerkid
[B]
A bit drastic and cheap jab don't ya think? My guess is all the suitcase bomb stuff has been resurfacing a lot lately. Although there have been staunch denials that they ever existed....I doubt very much that they don't exist.

My guess is that since the breakup of the Soviet Union, and the proliferation from Pakistan that has recently come to light, I think those would be far better guesses than simply slamming Bush. Just my opinion though.
Old 03-23-2004, 11:39 AM   #21
Just an old timer...

Tipton , Iowa
Exclamation I think I need a drink...

CNN yesterday or the day before had an article about greenhouse gases and particularly CO2 at the highest levels ever recorded... a large asteroid is recently seen whizzing by Earth at 56,000 miles out... scientists are currently trying to decide what effect the change in the ocean currents in the north Atlantic may have on climate... some saying that the next ice age could begin in as few as ten years... out of control nuke facilities... out of control governments...

And our electorate is largely clueless...

It's five P.M. somewhere in the world... happy hour... I think I need a drink...

Roger
Old 03-23-2004, 11:43 AM   #22
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
To comment on Toaster's post:

I doubt seriously that we will ever see a full scale nuclear war. I think the odds are that there will be a conflict somewhere (maybe Pakistan/India), but for the larger countries, the threat of MAD (mutually assured destruction) in addition to it being such a global economy make the likelyhood of a major offensive remote (not impossible).

I would think that in this century, our greatest problem is with non countries getting weapons of mass distruction. Individual groups, be it terrorists, neo nazis, etc are the greatest threat. I doubt that all of any major city will ever be taken down....but it is quite possible that parts could and as such the insurance adjustments....see way back when in the cold war, when we had each other targeted several times over, our policies said, in the event of war, all bets off. Well, they still say that, but this new part clearly means to me that folks do think that isolated things could happen that are not acts of war, and as such need to be clearly defined as no one will be totally wiped out and the insurance companies would need to pay.

Again, just my .02
Old 03-23-2004, 12:42 PM   #23
Rivet Master

1956 16' Bubble
Rose Lodge , Oregon
of course not, silvertwinkie...

.... or, certainly no more cheap or drastic than jaco's gibe. it's just that you probably agree with his opinion & disagree with mine. when it comes to politics, cheap & drastic is ALWAYS in the eye of the beholder.

you are probably correct in your analysis of today's nuclear threat vs. that of our parents. are we in more, or less, danger? probably more as individuals but less as a species? well, until some menace-minded miscreant catches up with me, i'm more worried about blowing my own self up before getting the hang of the propane tanks when I go to fetch Bambi next month.
Old 03-23-2004, 12:46 PM   #24
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
I missed Jacos comments.....but I like the propane bit you talk about!
Old 03-09-2008, 03:26 PM   #25
2 Rivet Member

1978 31' Sovereign
, Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefrobrts
I just got my renewal for the trailer's policy in the mail today, and it included the following Important Notice - They will no longer cover bodily injury or damage to the vehicle resulting from

THE INTENTIONAL OR ACCIDENTAL DETONATION OF, OR RELEASE OF RADIATION FROM, ANY NUCLEAR OR RADIOACTIVE DEVICE

Once we stopped laughing - because frankly if anyone detonates a nuclear device I think contacting state farm for reimbursement of our trailer will be the furthest thing from our minds - I thought man, that's really sad that they feel there is enough of a risk of that happening that they'd better exclude covering it now.

Yikes!
Look into the Verichip coming to a neighborhood near you!

If you have time, look into the "REAL ID", NAFTA, the BILDERBURG(ers), the cashless society experiment in Canada, and the elimination of our great nations constitution upon the next big event which WILL be coordinated by the leaders of the world! Not very cool if you ask us.

take a look at this video for fun: Alex Jones - Cashless Society Really Good Movies Blog
Now, I dont give credance to everything this gentleman says... but he does ask some very good questions.

On a lighter note: Keep on shinnin
Old 03-09-2008, 04:14 PM   #26
Rivet Master

2000 25' Safari
West of Fort Worth , Texas
Perhaps this belongs in the favorite bumper sticker thread...

But it seems to fit this one...

Help, the paranoids are after me!
Old 03-09-2008, 04:21 PM   #27
2 Rivet Member

1978 31' Sovereign
, Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fyrzowt
But it seems to fit this one...

Help, the paranoids are after me!
Not paranoid, just awake.... But, was for a good laugh though.... lol
Old 03-09-2008, 04:28 PM   #28
_

. , .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fyrzowt
...Help, the paranoids are after me!
given the thread was 4 YEARS DEAD and long since departed the original topic...

i suggest it's paranoid zombie CATS and bunnies that r afta u!

cheers
2air'
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	zombie.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	38.9 KB
ID:	55851   Click image for larger version

Name:	zomby.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	74.5 KB
ID:	55852  

Click image for larger version

Name:	zombie_bunny.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	41.6 KB
ID:	55853  

we are here on earth to fart around. don't let anybody tell you any different. k.v.
2airishuman is offline   Reply With Quote