Old 04-29-2010, 11:51 AM   #15
4 Rivet Member

1956 22' Safari
Ossining , New York
I just spoke to Progressive and as of April 15th they no longer offer Agreed Value policies for Trailers. People with current policies are okay.
Okay, now what? I need to get a policy asap.

Old 04-29-2010, 11:56 AM   #16
_

. , .
interesting, perhaps this is NY thing?

or an old trayla issue?

or limited to NEW customers?

my policy renewed on 4/16 and clearly includes this rider for next year.

cheers
2air'

we are here on earth to fart around. don't let anybody tell you any different. k.v.
2airishuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 09:29 AM   #17
Rivet Master

2010 27' FB Classic
N/A , Texas
After digging into and talking to reps from all 4 companies for road service I have decided to go with AAA. My main reason is with the AAA Plus RV I can have 4 tows a year and they will tow my TV to anyplace I say for 100 miles at no extra charge. That means dealership or Joe Shmoes Garage, my choice. They will also tow my trailer any place within 100 miles, again to anyplace I say with the first 100 miles at no extra cost. If both are towed at one time that counts as 2 tows.
I can also tell them the type of towing equipment I require and they will match it to what I want within reason. For instance, if I want a flat bed to carry my TV instead if a pull behind tow truck.
Both other companies have other towing requirements and rules that basiclly give them freedom to take you to the TV repair shop of their choice if they feel it is a "quailified shop". I don't want to be sitting along the side of the road and arguing with a tow driver where and how I want my brokedown vehicle(s) handled.
If I would go with the Premier RV instead of the Plus RV program they would tow 200 miles each time with no additional cost. Although the annual dues is more money.
The rest of the stuff like fuel delivery, locksmith, etc. are included with this and other ones mentioned but are not what I focased on for my decision as they are minor issues to me.
Just an extra note, you guys that complained about AAA in other posts probably didn't have the RV package and that makes all the difference. If you did have the correct coverage and had problems I would like to hear about it. But as of right now, I think I found the right fit for me.
Old 04-30-2010, 02:30 PM   #18
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
Currently Looking...
Durango , Colorado
I upgraded my Colorado AAA to the Plus RV several years ago and the price was very reasonable. Haven't had to use so far, so can't comment on the service.
Old 04-30-2010, 11:19 PM   #19
Rivet Master

2005 19' Safari
1968 24' Tradewind
Rural , Delaware
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluto View Post
Just an extra note, you guys that complained about AAA in other posts probably didn't have the RV package and that makes all the difference. If you did have the correct coverage and had problems I would like to hear about it. But as of right now, I think I found the right fit for me.
Bluto,
Thanks for the report. It looks like you did some serious research, and sounds like you have the prospect of some great coverage from AAA. I had AAA for several years, and then Plus RV for the last two. I'm not complaining about them, as their basic plan for regular vehicles was more than adequate. The service was excellent the few times I needed them. However, I contacted them on all levels, and also know from the experience of a colleague that the extent their coverage of RVs and tow vehicles vary by region and depends on where you break down, and that's exactly why I dropped them. I hope it works out for you, and that you report back if you have to use them (but I really hope you don't ever need them).
WDCU
SilverRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 09:11 PM   #20
TinCan

2016 30' Classic
Apache Junction , Arizona
Speaking of Coach-Net they just sent me a discount thing on purchasing use of their parks. The cost is about 400$ a year. I guess you pick a zone and you can park at one of their places for free. Anyone familiar with this service and is it worth it?
Old 06-06-2013, 09:26 PM   #21
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
Currently Looking...
Durango , Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis4x4 View Post
I upgraded my Colorado AAA to the Plus RV several years ago and the price was very reasonable. Haven't had to use so far, so can't comment on the service.
I've used AAA twice...a flat tire on my MH in Flagstaff AZ and a year ago when my brand new Silverado 2500HD took a dump in SE Utah and they sent a rig that put the truck on a flatbed and hooked up the AS. When you get that kind of service in Torrey UT, it's a big plus for AAA in my book.
Old 07-05-2015, 03:12 PM   #22
4 Rivet Member

2013 30' Classic
Kent , Washington
Last post on here was over 2 years ago. I'd like to get some updated information. I read somewhere Coach Net was bought out by Motor Club a year or two ago (??) and they are not as good as they used to be. Not sure if that's true or not, it was just one post written by one person at an RV forum.

Our free Coach Net membership is ending soon, we've never had to call them so we can't really judge their service.

We already have AAA anyway, so upgrading to the RV membership makes sense to me. But we want to do the right thing and research other options and also determine if AAA is a good choice.

So we appreciate your input on AAA, Coach Net or Good Sam.

Thank you!!
ProPride 3P Trailer Sway Control Hitch
WBCCI #7878
time2play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 03:23 PM   #23
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
I am a long time AAA customer, have used the road service a number of times, tho not on the Interstate.

AAA also allows discounts on tickets, hotel rooms, etc.

Very happy with it.

Maggie
Old 07-06-2015, 06:06 PM   #24
4 Rivet Member

2013 30' Classic
Kent , Washington
Thanks Maggie, I appreciate your feedback. I've also been a member of AAA for years, but I've never used the RV portion. I was hoping to get some feedback on how it compares to Coach Net or Good Sam.

Reviving this thread didn't seem to work (except for your response, again thank you!!). I supposed I should have started a new thread in another forum - "On the Road" or "Dollars and Cents". I wonder if my hand will be slapped if I do that and reference this one?

ProPride 3P Trailer Sway Control Hitch
WBCCI #7878
time2play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 06:39 PM   #25
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
You know, I am sure there are some fairly recent threads on RV insurance.

If you can figure out how to do an effective search , you might be able to find some of the information you are looking for.

Good luck.

Maggie
Old 07-06-2015, 10:33 PM   #26
Rivet Master

1999 28' Excella
Frederick , Maryland
FWIW, Coach Net (of which I am a member) still seems to get very good reviews. You might try a search on RV.net as there are a number of roadside assistance comparison threads on there. Here is one from last year.
AM Solar Panels 150W - 2 Trojan T 105 6V Batteries
TAC MD-6
AIR 4534

On internet forums, please research and separate the wheat from the chaff (including mine!)
Soyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 08:45 AM   #27
Rivet Slave

2014 27' FB International
Western WA , Washington
We're at the opposite end of the spectrum, firmly in the "anybody but Coach Net" camp, as we had a couple of poor experiences with them. We use AAA with Premier RV.

Rocinante is online now   Reply With Quote