Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-20-2014, 05:33 PM   #1
3 Rivet Member

2006 25' Safari FB SE
1995 21' Sovereign
Hollister , California
Anyone with experiences with Progressive??

I've read and searched but not really seeing anyone who has posted their experiences with Progressive Insurance on their Airstream.

I've had Progressive on my MasterCraft ski boat and my Polaris RZR side by side for years, I'm considering moving the Airstream over as well due to multi-policy discounts.

I'm a little concerned because when I entered my information about my 2006 25' Safari FB the web site came up with a value of $21,000! It did however give me the option to change it to $33,000 which is about what I see Airstreams of my year and model sell for.

I'm not the type to make a claim for minor things so I'm really just concerned for major issues.

My only experience with Progressive (other than paying them) was on my boat and a submerged log that did over $8,000 worth of damage to the bottom... In that instant Progressive was awesome to deal with! They let me take it to the shop of my choice and did not bock at the cost of the repair at all. (It probably helped that the shop had a great reputation and had worked with the adjuster in the past)

I'm sure if there was damage the Airstream that was reparable they would be fine to work with, however if it were to be totaled would it be a fight to get a fair pay out?

So with that said are there any other forum members who have Progressive that have had claim experience?

Thanks in advance!
Cyberous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 08:11 PM   #2
3 Rivet Member

2006 34' Classic S/O
Lakewood , New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyberous View Post
I've read and searched but not really seeing anyone who has posted their experiences with Progressive Insurance on their Airstream. I've had Progressive on my MasterCraft ski boat and my Polaris RZR side by side for years, I'm considering moving the Airstream over as well due to multi-policy discounts. I'm a little concerned because when I entered my information about my 2006 25' Safari FB the web site came up with a value of $21,000! It did however give me the option to change it to $33,000 which is about what I see Airstreams of my year and model sell for. I'm not the type to make a claim for minor things so I'm really just concerned for major issues. My only experience with Progressive (other than paying them) was on my boat and a submerged log that did over $8,000 worth of damage to the bottom... In that instant Progressive was awesome to deal with! They let me take it to the shop of my choice and did not bock at the cost of the repair at all. (It probably helped that the shop had a great reputation and had worked with the adjuster in the past) I'm sure if there was damage the Airstream that was reparable they would be fine to work with, however if it were to be totaled would it be a fight to get a fair pay out? So with that said are there any other forum members who have Progressive that have had claim experience? Thanks in advance!
My Airstream was damaged while parked in the storage lot where I keep it. It was hit by someone in a truck parked next to it, and the front curbside panel, the panel next to the door and the arm for the awning were all damaged. I reported it to the storage facility and called the local police, and I called Progressive. Within an hour I spoke to the regional manager who took the preliminary report, and promised to have the adjuster call me. It wasn't even 20 minutes when the adjuster called to set up the time to come and look at my trailer. We met the next day at 8:30am at the storage facility, where he spent almost two hours taking pictures and writing the estimate. He told me that he would have the estimate ready by the end of the day, which he did and emailed it to me. I made arrangements to take my trailer to Colonial in NJ which I am lucky to live nearby. I received the check three days after the adjuster looked at my trailer less the deductible. Colonial did a great job with the repair too. All in all I'm a sastified Progressive customer Regards Reganzo
Reganzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 08:43 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2005 28' Safari S/O
Paradise , California
I haven't had a claim with Progressive, but have had an agreed value policy with them for my 22' boat and my Airstream for several years. Each year at renewal time I re-evaluate the values for any depreciation or increase for add-ons, and adjust the policy accordingly. They have been great to work with and I'm confident if I ever had a claim it would be handled professionally and fairly.
Old 11-20-2014, 08:50 PM   #4
TinCan

2016 30' Classic
Apache Junction , Arizona
I also was with Progressive with no complaints. They also gave me a good price as a full timer. However I have since switched to Geico because of multi policy discounts.
Old 11-20-2014, 08:51 PM   #5
3 Rivet Member

2006 25' Safari FB SE
1995 21' Sovereign
Hollister , California
Thanks Reganzo! That is about the same experience I had with the boat repair, very pleasant experience over all.

I'm thinking about going down to talk with a local office to put my fears to rest about the value should something catastrophic happen and they choose to total it.
Old 11-20-2014, 09:24 PM   #6

Issaquah , Washington
Back in early October, we were returning from Yellowstone and a deer ran out and put a big dent into our 19'. Progressive was great to deal with. It took longer for our local dealer to work through everything than Progressive did. Would highly recommend.
joeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 04:23 AM   #7
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Sneedville , Tennessee
The only bad experience I've had was with roadside service. Spent hours on the side of the road with a flat tire - a Honda Goldwing - being lied to about the tow truck being "on the way". Only other bad experience is when we have to have the premiums. :-)
Tincampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 06:40 AM   #8
Full Time Adventurer

2007 27' International CCD FB
Nomadic , USA
I have them for for our Airstream, no claims yet obviously. But happy so far. They have a full timers policy.
Old 11-21-2014, 06:51 AM   #9
Leavingtherut.com

2005 30' Safari
Key Largo , Florida
We had a tire separation a few months ago which beat the belly pan up pretty good. Progressive was awesome, almost annoying how often they would call to check up on us . They even waved the deductible when I elected to not have a panel replaced that was only partially scratched (although that did save them about 5k). The dealer missed a crack in the wheel well (honest mistake) and progressive made all the arrangements for the repair, still with no deductible. We will be sticking with them. Our main insurance company USAA does not insure RV's but contracts through Progressive.
Old 11-21-2014, 06:54 AM   #10
Rivet Master

2007 30' Classic
Oswego , Illinois
I had them the first couple years with my AS. I had a claim...backed into the garage overhang. The claim and repair was outstanding. Prompt and courteous adjuster. Let me take it to the mothership for repair. When more (very minor) damage was found behind the BR awning roll and I couldn't take more days off work for the additional panel replacement, the adjuster said, "How 'bout we waive your $1000 deductible in lieu of the 3rd panel replacement?" Works for me, you can't see the small crease anyway. Hidden by the awning.

HOWEVER, next premium time.....they really socked it to me and that wasn't for replacement value, so I moved on.

"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy." - Red Green
dznf0g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 07:51 AM   #11
4 Rivet Member

2015 27' FB International
Montgomery , Texas
I can tell you from recent experience, a total loss to both my TT and TV, you will never know for sure what will happen or how you will be treated by your insurance company until you are faced with this kind of loss. My vehicles were covered by one of the largest and most respected insurance companies in the world and my premiums certainly reflected that, as well. Although my wife and I walked away from a catastrophic accident without a scratch, the next 8 weeks, dealing with the insurance company was nothing short of a nightmare! I was on the phone with a total of 8 adjusters almost daily trying to convince them of their obligations. Although I was finally reimbursed fairly for both vehicles, it was apparent that their goal the entire time was to 'wear me down' so that I would give up the fight and take their lowball offers. I am certain that their tactic is successful with many people. As I have mentioned before, I can't imagine having to fight this fight while being injured.

Sent from my iPad using Airstream Forums
Old 11-21-2014, 10:20 AM   #12
2 Rivet Member

2000 30' Excella
Monticello , Florida
Rate increase

No incidents and my rates went up... no reason given. Drop them and now have a rate that only increased by $2.00 on third semi annual billing. I my 52 yrs driving never had an accident. That said I hope I haven't offended the Gods.
07007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 10:33 AM   #13

2004 30' Classic Slideout
Fenton , Missouri
Send a message via AIM to jcanavera Send a message via Skype™ to jcanavera
I have had Progressive since I bought my Airstream new in 2003. The biggest advantage to me was their replacement coverage for the first 5 years of the policy. The next 5 years of the policy I was given guaranteed coverage up to the cash value of the trailer when it was new. Now as I'm moving into my 11th year, the coverage will most likely be depreciated so I will be shopping to see if Progressive is still the best coverage for me. I've not had any claims so far so I have no information on that aspect of their service.

Jack
AIR #56 S/OS#15
'04 Classic 30' S.O.,'03 GMC Savana 2500
jcanavera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 10:36 AM   #14
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Sneedville , Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcanavera View Post
I have had Progressive since I bought my Airstream new in 2003. The biggest advantage to me was their replacement coverage for the first 5 years of the policy. The next 5 years of the policy I was given guaranteed coverage up to the cash value of the trailer when it was new. Now as I'm moving into my 11th year, the coverage will most likely be depreciated so I will be shopping to see if Progressive is still the best coverage for me. I've not had any claims so far so I have no information on that aspect of their service.

Jack
That's the reason I am with them as well, for the replacement coverage.
Tincampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 11:00 AM   #15

2004 30' Classic Slideout
Fenton , Missouri
Send a message via AIM to jcanavera Send a message via Skype™ to jcanavera
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrprez View Post
That's the reason I am with them as well, for the replacement coverage.
I also forgot that they also have a disappearing deductible. With my no claims at this point, if something happens in the future, the deductible copay will be forgiven. That's $1000 of value for me.

Jack
AIR #56 S/OS#15
'04 Classic 30' S.O.,'03 GMC Savana 2500
jcanavera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 11:01 AM   #16

2013 Interstate Coach
Fort Worth , Texas
I have had a claim on my Airstream Interstate with Progressive and I was VERY pleased with the resolution. Their initial estimate was way low but after negotiating with the Mercedes Benz dealer shop they paid for everything the dealer thought should be done. My only responsibility was filing the claim and getting the Airstream Interstate to the Mercedes Benz dealer for for the body work.

— Navajo saying
joemikeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 11:27 AM   #17
3 Rivet Member

2006 25' Safari FB SE
1995 21' Sovereign
Hollister , California
Wow, thank you all for the responses! It's nice to see such good feedback.

I wish one insurance company would do it all but our auto insurance does not insure RV, boats, motorcycles or classic cars so we have to use another source those toys.