Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-18-2014, 03:38 PM   #1
Rivet Master

2017 25' International
Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
Los Osos , California
Anyone use Foremost Insurance?

I am considering a replacement value policy from Foremost on my new 2014 International 23B. Does anyone here have experience with Foremost?
Old 07-12-2015, 08:51 AM   #2
2 Rivet Member

2014 23' International
Lohman , Missouri
I just purchased a 2014 International 23 yesterday. I am reading the forums trying to find places to call for insurance on Monday.
I see you didnt get any responses from anyone but did you contact Foremost, my dealer gave me their name but I had never heard of them.
Thanks for any info
51coke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2015, 09:25 AM   #3
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
Biloxi , Mississippi
I had Foremost on my Bambi II. Agreed value, never had to file any claims so can not speak to their quality of service. I have my Safari covered thru Progressive. About time to renew so time to do some shopping around.

Do you know what a learning experience is? A learning experience is one of those things that says "You know that thing that you just did? Don't do that."
AWCHIEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2015, 12:27 PM   #4
Rivet Master

2017 25' International
Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
Los Osos , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by 51coke View Post
I just purchased a 2014 International 23 yesterday. I am reading the forums trying to find places to call for insurance on Monday.
I see you didnt get any responses from anyone but did you contact Foremost, my dealer gave me their name but I had never heard of them.
Thanks for any info
Foremost is a speciality insurance company owned by Farmers. My 2014 23D is the 3rd RV/trailer insured by them. I bought a full replacement policy; purchase price plus a solar system installed. Premium is around $850/yr.
Old 07-12-2015, 02:01 PM   #5
Sbb
begorragirl

2017 25' Flying Cloud
Denville , New Jersey
I have formost, I have used Airstream, will get replacement value. Before that I had a TAB I lost in an accident. i had purchased it used for 9k and settlement after accident was 9.6k. Easy to work with.
2001 Teardrop, Mountain Hardware Tent
For some perfection takes a little longer...
Sbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 03:26 PM   #6
2 Rivet Member

2014 23' International
Lohman , Missouri
Anybody heard anything about Nationlal Interstate Ins Co?
They offer a purchase price guarantee policy?
51coke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2016, 02:29 PM   #7
2 Rivet Member

2010 23' FB Flying Cloud
NA , Here and There
@51coke Just heard about them while doing research, but I don't know anything about them, sorry.

RE: Foremost.

Husband and I called GEICO and thought that was who we had, turned out to be Foremost, and they screwed us for over a year without our knowledge.
TURNS OUT, for our home address, or mailing address, they used the city we gave them, but everything else was random. No clue HOW this happened, as Iowa sounds absolutely nothing like Michigan.

Secondly, since they were mailing all of our bleeping information to this other address, we received not one piece of correspondence. They only insured us for one month before dropping us without warning (that whole address thing again, but they had our number) and now we are on the road, just deciding to check in since it's been a full year ad we should have been due for renewal...

I do not have a high opinion of the company, all of my customer service interactions in regards to simple account set up were botched. So here I am, to warn potential customers to make sure you watch them closely, and don't trust them to handle administration... Thank God we didn't have any claims!! That would have been devastating.
Strasser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2016, 03:09 PM   #8
Rivet Master

2017 25' International
Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
Los Osos , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strasser View Post
@51coke Just heard about them while doing research, but I don't know anything about them, sorry.

RE: Foremost.

Husband and I called GEICO and thought that was who we had, turned out to be Foremost, and they screwed us for over a year without our knowledge.
TURNS OUT, for our home address, or mailing address, they used the city we gave them, but everything else was random. No clue HOW this happened, as Iowa sounds absolutely nothing like Michigan.

Secondly, since they were mailing all of our bleeping information to this other address, we received not one piece of correspondence. They only insured us for one month before dropping us without warning (that whole address thing again, but they had our number) and now we are on the road, just deciding to check in since it's been a full year ad we should have been due for renewal...

I do not have a high opinion of the company, all of my customer service interactions in regards to simple account set up were botched. So here I am, to warn potential customers to make sure you watch them closely, and don't trust them to handle administration... Thank God we didn't have any claims!! That would have been devastating.
As you may know, Foremost is a subsidiary of Farmers Ins but not tied into their notification system.

You can establish an online account with Foremost. Their premium is due once a year, on the anniversary of the policy's first date in force. You can arrange online atForemost.com for an auto payment or can pay online at the due date.