Old 09-05-2016, 07:37 PM   #29
3 Rivet Member

2016 30' Classic
Houston , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natomb View Post
Our 25' AS Safari SS was sideswiped on the highway last year. $15,000 in damage. Progressive let us choose the repair company (Timeless Travel Trailers) and didn't raise our rates. (BTW- Good Sam recommended Progressive to us as a company that will offer insurance based upon agreed value with an appraisal.)
This Texan went with Progressive in association with USAA.

dhroberts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 09:14 AM   #30
Obviously-NOT

2017 30' Classic
Kalispell , Montana
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghaynes755 View Post
Try Charles at www.americas-mailbox.com They represent multiple companies and can offer several choices. Service is solid and the quotes beat many of the more common names that advertise or you may hear about. I'd say it's the cost of a phone call but we don't pay long distance any more
From Americas Mailbox webpage.
Unlike other states, South Dakota vehicle insurance follows the license plates. It cannot be obtained until the vehicles are registered in South Dakota. To register vehicles, NO inspections nor any proof of insurance is required and you do NOT need to obtain a South Dakota drivers license first.

Old 03-13-2018, 01:18 PM   #31
2 Rivet Member

2018 27' Globetrotter
Mooresville , North Carolina
Am I interpreting a Total Replacement Cost Policy Correctly?

I’ve read on the above responses that you want a policy that a) has replacement cost b) doesn’t mention using NADA values for claim purpose c) has the option to cover contents. I rec’d quotes from our Agent from Travelers, Foremost and Progressive. Travelers did not have replacement cost while the other two did. Progressive had higher personal liability coverage and a lower premium so that is one I am leaning toward. I had the agent send me a copy of the policy so I could review.

The way I read it;

1. There is a section for Total Loss Replacement and a section for Agreed Value Coverage. The Total Loss Replacement is the coverage I will choose and this supersedes the Agreed Value section since I will not choose Agreed Value coverage.
2. They will apply the total loss replacement provisions up to 5 years after the model year of my 2018 Airstream Globetrotter, (“covered vehicle”). i.e. if a total loss occurs in 2022 my covered vehicle would be the 4th preceding model year.
3. If I don’t want to replace the covered vehicle they will pay me the actual cash value of my covered vehicle less the deductible. The actual cash value is defined as the most economical physical damage option. This listed amount (called the “rating base”) should represent the actual cash value of the vehicle today, including all permanently attached equipment.
4. If I replace the covered vehicle they will a) replace with any model year not older than the covered vehicle b) the replacement will not have been titled by any person or entity other that a dealer or manufacturer c) will have the same equipment as my covered vehicle had to the extent possible d) if the cost of the replacement vehicle is more than the actual cash value they will pay me the actual cash value plus the difference in the cost of the replacement vehicle and the actual cash value, reduced by the applicable deductible e) All of the above applies if the covered vehicle is the 4th preceding model year or less.
5. If the covered vehicle at the time of loss is the 5th preceding model year or older, their liability to me is the purchase price of my covered vehicle less the deductible.

When I initially read this, I was worried about what Actual Cash Value represented. The way I understand this doesn’t really matter. As long as I replace my covered vehicle they will pay the difference in the replacement vehicle cost and actual cash value during the next 4 model years. After that, their liability will be the purchase price I paid for my 2018 Globetrotter.

This appears to me to be the way I would expect a Total Replacement Cost policy to work. Is that the way you guys understand a Total Replacement Cost Policy should work?
GOUSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 07:56 AM   #32
Obviously-NOT

2017 30' Classic
Kalispell , Montana
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhroberts View Post
This Texan went with Progressive in association with USAA.
That's where I'm still at, can't find a better deal for my MT registered and garaged trailer.