Old 06-21-2014, 02:25 PM   #15
Rivet Master
Most insurance companies value our airstreams following Kelly bluebook, NADA guides, which are just that, guides. Our Prevost was converted by Beaver Coach, along with 32 other Prevost shells. Few people know Beaver Coach in Bend Oregon did a run of conversions. Surprisingly, the bus is listed in the Beaver motorhome section of NADA, under valued like airstreams. So, for our airstreams including the '06 Bambi Quik Silver, we had to get it appraised for "agreed value" for what the market says, since NADA figure was way-out-of-line low.

"62 ATW Overlander, '51 Flying Cloud
'67 GT, '90 Squarestream 29ft, 06 Bambi, Bigfoot slide in/GMC Denali K2500, Marathon Coach, Class A.
Coloradobus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 02:33 PM   #16
Rivet Master

1973 25' Tradewind
Beautiful , Oregon
It sounds like it is a pain but can be done. It got to the point where my insurance guy ( not Farmers) said to me if you get some leads let me know.

Thanks for the leads and again keep them coming It is a numbers game.

Tony S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 11:01 AM   #17
3 Rivet Member
1965 17' Caravel
1965 17' Caravel
Memphis , Tennessee
I am dealing with this now on my Caravel. I will need an appraiser and will get agreed value. I called Blue Sky and FCIS, both of which require appraisals before they can offer agreed value. I need to find an appraiser now.
1965 Airstream Caravel, 2003 Ford F150 SuperCrew, 2003 Miata Special Edition, 1993 Miata Black & Tan
Jewel65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 12:45 AM   #18
Rivet Master

1973 25' Tradewind
Beautiful , Oregon
Thanks all

I am letting my agent do his thing and then I am going to make some calls on my own based on your suggestions.

One problem I may have is my restoration is not complete( as if they ever are) but I need to take it on the road soon and have the propane ran. That is something I don't want to do with out proper insurance.

Anyway I will post of my results for others.

again many thanks and if there are more suggestion I still would like to hear them. It appears others would to.

I was going to build a 20' boat next but these type of insurance problems happen with the "home made" boats. The companies don't want to insure them but if I sell it and buy it back then they will, or so I have been told.

Tony S is offline   Reply With Quote