Old 01-10-2010, 08:44 AM   #15
1 Rivet Member

2007 25' Safari FB SE
Woodstock , Georgia
Yes, based on the VIN #, that's my former Airstream.

I spent a good bit of time in that trailer after the flood. It was disgusting.

I wouldn't touch this trailer unless you specialize in Hazmat and have $$$.

Old 01-10-2010, 10:41 PM   #16
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Virginia Beach , Virginia
How is it playing out?

So have you settled with the insurance company yet, and did they get a little more reasonable than the $10K loss they originally offered.

As for CW, those "unique personalities" may try to take you to small claims court - I just wonder how they are going to prove that they actually got around to doing the work before their facility flooded? Oh... gee why don't they submit that bill to their insurance company?

Knowing how screwy the law can be, CW really wasn't responsible for the flood, so they might actually prevail in court.

Update us all please, we care.

Paula

Old 01-11-2010, 07:14 AM   #17
1 Rivet Member

2007 25' Safari FB SE
Woodstock , Georgia
Yes I did settle with the insurance company, but I had to counter 3 times to get them to a reasonable price. A special thanks to those of you who provided advice as I submitted over a dozen "for sale" postings on the web of my trailer to show them fair market value. Overall I am satisfied with the settlement.

As far as C/W is concerned, I have heard back from them, but it's only been from slimy sales people wanting to know if I'd like to buy a camper from C/W.

When I pointed out that C/W hadn't exactly been helpful in the flood, they shrugged it off and said that was not their department and they were only in sales....

<sigh>

Thanks again folks. This is truly a unique community.
Old 01-12-2010, 12:25 AM   #18
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Virginia Beach , Virginia
Yea verily I say unto thee...

We get bad service because we put up with it.

As an individual, you may think that there is very little you can do about it, but...

If you keep your cool
Marshal your reasoning
and let a merchant KNOW you vote with your pocketbook
and the internet lets you talk to the "global village" with your mouth

... you might just get more traction than you expect.

Call CW, insist on speaking to the General Manager - get his/her name.
  1. briefly - outline what happened with your unit during the flood
  2. briefly - outline the utterly un-helpful behavior which left you to fight the insurance company alone
  3. briefly - tell them about the sales force declining to make any attempt to help you get satisfaction for the above problems before attempting to sell you a new A/S
  4. remind the manager that "word of mouth is always working, but it may not be working FOR you"
  5. say clearly that you'll take your money to any other A/S dealer in the country before you'll spend another nickel in their business
  6. say clearly that you post on Airforums and Facebook and Twitter - and that "when a customer is happy he tells four people about it... when he's upset he tells EVERYONE"
  7. suggest that over the long run, every cent his dealership possesses will come from LOYAL customers - and your loyalty has been destroyed by their callous indifference.
  8. also remind him that 66% of customers who abandon doing business with a vendor do so because the vendor simply gives the impression of indifference - and that virtually none of those customers take the time to let the vendor know what they COULD DO differently to prevent endless repetitions of the customer walk-out.
Find the name of the President of CW. Send him a letter outlining your recent experiences. File it just in case the a***** from the service department try to take you to court for "services rendered".

Move on. Don't be surprised if nothing happens, but also don't be surprised if you get much more than a canned response! (I once got a $100 gift certificate.)

Paula
Old 01-20-2010, 01:25 PM   #19
Birdie Momma

1957 26' Overlander
1956 22' Flying Cloud
Vintage Kin Owner
Rutherford Co. , North Carolina
wow, and someone paid $20k for it...
Old 01-24-2010, 11:25 PM   #20
mgm
Pursuit of Happiness

2007 25' Safari FB SE
ravenna , Ohio
I'm the one who bought this trailer, i will post pics of my cleanup and will describe any and all issues i find. I'm excited as hell to go get this trailer and can't wait to have her on the road.
Old 01-25-2010, 09:44 AM   #21
1 Rivet Member

2007 25' Safari FB SE
Woodstock , Georgia
Good luck...we loved that trailer and treated her very well.
Old 02-07-2010, 12:34 PM   #22
mgm
Pursuit of Happiness

2007 25' Safari FB SE
ravenna , Ohio
Pending the blizzard up here...

I should have the trailer on Wednesday. I'm excited to finally have her. I posted more photos on my other thread. But figured i would update this one as well.

I have her insured through Progressive and i ordered a Mattress pad and some sheets from AB lifestyles.

I plan on tearing some lower panels off and see how bad the insulation is, before i pull the whole interior. So we'll see what happens.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3556.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	31.8 KB
ID:	95714   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3560.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	34.3 KB
ID:	95715  

Old 06-27-2014, 01:45 PM   #23
mgm
Pursuit of Happiness

2007 25' Safari FB SE
ravenna , Ohio
Still going strong......

Your old Camper.....is still going strong. I turned "water damage" into "water friendly"

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f42/...med-93033.html

Took a long trip in 2012, from my house in Ohio all the way to California and Oregon and then took it across the nation to Maine before coming home. Last summer I had to stay local and although work had me bogged down last summer and fall, she still got her use doing weekend warrior adventures.

I m preparing to head west again, this time to the Tetons and with any luck Glacier National Park.

I could not be happier with the Airstream. She has been two the factory for a few overnight stays, to have some Solar Panels added and everything works like a dream. No issues from the flood, other than what I had to replace and repair at the time of purchase.
Old 09-24-2014, 06:14 PM   #24
Rivet Master

2005 31' Classic
Garner, , North Carolina
i know is this a bit of an old post but i was wondering how you were able to buy the water logged unit.

Was it listed somewhere by ins company or by the Camping World place.

how much did it cost to repair the unit.. how much did you have to pay for it.

TUG2.net check it out for good rental deals
2003 F-250 SD, CC, 7.3L PowerStroke
WBCCI#1691, Piedmont Unit #161, Region #3
carl2591 is offline   Reply With Quote