Old 11-02-2008, 06:39 PM   #99
Rivet Master

1989 29' Land Yacht
Mesa , Arizona
Big 3

I still see the BIG 3 wasting lots of their $$$ on NASCAR.But want $$$$$$ from the Government.

NASCAR will look funny with only Toyota running when the big 3 are gone.

Jimmini :
AKA : TUMBLEWEED. Just an old buzzard with a itch to yonder.
Man has only those rights he can defend
jimmini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 07:04 PM   #100
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
1955 22' Safari
Great Lake State , .
Originally Posted by purman View Post
Lets just take a look at what companies GM has

Buick (junk)
Cadillac (you can get americans to buy them but thats it)
Chevrolet (no comment)
GMC (glorified Chevy)
GM Daewoo (big hunk of junk)
Holden (another name for Chevy in Eroupe)
Hummer (over priced Suburban)
Oldsmobile (it an't my dads is right)
Opel (Man can't beleive they still make it)
Pontiac (Nice in the '60's)
Saab (was good till GM bought them)
Saturn (Ok car)
Vauxhall (#2 seller in England, but junk)

This is how they got in a mess, Buying up companies that aren't making them more money than they spent to buy them... What are they thinking.

Why are we paying for a retooling?????? thats part of doing business... I don't care if it is national security (WHICH IT ISN"T) If we go to war and someone else owns it we just take it... We put the Japanese in camps in WWII, Took there stuff, and the Indians also "right Jimmy"

What it comes down to is bad business that isn't gonna change if they don't have to fix it themselves...

Look Ford bought Jaguar, and it wasn't making money then or now... Ford made the Jag look like a Ford and act like a Ford with a Jag sticker... My '89 has more character than the new ones... Ford screwed Jag up even more and know want to sell it.... The Big 3 need to work on there stuff not buying other stuff...

Can you please back up your statements with facts, there is a measurement of data out there and I'm sure that you are using those measuremnet, please share with us your knowledge that backs up your statements since you started this thread of GM's junk compared to Japans autos..........thanks

toastie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 11:00 PM   #101
Rivet Master
2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
bump. Anyone think this is not as localized as it once was and the trickle down factor has now affected you? No change as far as 15,000 workers from Salaried Delphi /GM many with 30 plus years all without health and life benefits or guaranteed pension. Is the current economic crisis hitting your home now despite feelings of initial insulation?

Originally Posted by wheel interested View Post
Oh yes, thank you Jim. I was just about to post something along the same lines. My pontification was not directed solely at you either it was one of those impromptu news short interviews from the man on the street. It's difficult not to have some emotion and momentum for me and I was responding to a million other things I have heard and accumulated in my mind to the general public. And our situation is pointedly affected with this mess.

I agree a strong work ethic is a good thing and should be rewarded compensurately and not penalized. I hear you, the whole fix is thrown back on the tax payers and that's not fair. It will be interesting to see how it all plays out. When there is a large area of unemployment and not enough industry to support jobs, it's a crisis, both with economics and with morale.

Thanks for posting that. I too was afraid my tone might cause esculation and that really isn't anything I would want to do with my friends here on the forums.

wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote