Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-10-2016, 09:08 AM   #1

2018 16' Sport
Milton , Florida
Airstream Life Time Warranty

Looking to purchase 23' Serenity. They are offering a Lifetime warranty, supposedly its free...or is it..any thoughts?
pmarc1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2016, 09:11 AM   #2
Rivet Master

2014 27' FB Eddie Bauer
Chelsea , Michigan
As far as I know, Airstream corporate hasn't offered lifetime warranties for forty or fifty years. I'd be surprised if they had changed that policy.
Old 12-10-2016, 09:40 AM   #3
3 Rivet Member

2020 23' Globetrotter
Savoy , Texas
Is it named RV Warranty Forever? We just got ours back from dealer for its first inspection. Costs to have a yearly inspection. We had no problems so we don't know how good warranty is.
SpinWhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2016, 09:56 AM   #4
2 Rivet Member

2016 30' Classic
Santa Barbara , California
Cost of yearly inspection?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpinWhite View Post
Is it named RV Warranty Forever? We just got ours back from dealer for its first inspection. Costs to have a yearly inspection. We had no problems so we don't know how good warranty is.
How much? And can they cancel on you?
dmslawson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2016, 11:59 AM   #5
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
Biloxi , Mississippi
Is this who it is thru?

http://www.camperclinic2.com/camper-...etime-warranty

I contacted them to discuss the warranty and only could get very vague answers. I ask to be sent a copy of the warranty and was refused.

Do you know what a learning experience is? A learning experience is one of those things that says "You know that thing that you just did? Don't do that."
AWCHIEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2016, 05:08 PM   #6
3 Rivet Member

2020 23' Globetrotter
Savoy , Texas
Fort Worth AS dealer charged us $350. Inspect roof and seal if necessary. Inspect axles and hub, lube if necessary. Inspect furnace- clean blower, combustion chamber, control compartment and test gas line for leak. Inspect water heater- flush holding tank, manually operate pressure relief valve, clean burner tube as necessary. Has to be inspected on anniversary of purchase + or - 30 days.
Old 12-10-2016, 05:12 PM   #7
3 Rivet Member

2020 23' Globetrotter
Savoy , Texas
RV Warranty Forever.
Company name is - NWAN,Inc, Cleveland, Ohio.
Old 12-10-2016, 05:23 PM   #8
Rivet Master

2015 27' Flying Cloud
Newberg , Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpinWhite View Post
Fort Worth AS dealer charged us $350. Inspect roof and seal if necessary. Inspect axles and hub, lube if necessary. Inspect furnace- clean blower, combustion chamber, control compartment and test gas line for leak. Inspect water heater- flush holding tank, manually operate pressure relief valve, clean burner tube as necessary. Has to be inspected on anniversary of purchase + or - 30 days.
Manually operate pressure relief valve? Flush holding tank? I'd Google complaints about the company, were I you. I'm not saying they are scamsters, as I have no knowledge of them. But those two items are ridiculous.
Caffeinated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2016, 07:24 PM   #9
Rivet Master

2013 25' FB Flying Cloud
Longmont , Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caffeinated View Post
Manually operate pressure relief valve? Flush holding tank? I'd Google complaints about the company, were I you. I'm not saying they are scamsters, as I have no knowledge of them. But those two items are ridiculous.
I don't think those items are ridiculous at all. The holding tank being referenced is the tank in the water heater. I've flushed out mine more than once a year and have gotten a lot of deposits out. And the relief valve can get gummed up with deposits when it lets out little bits of water from time to time.

That said, I don't think getting such a "warrantee" (service contract) is a good thing. The 30 day +/- limit would be a problem for many people. We, for example, travel for as much as four months at a time. And many of the maintenance checks can easily be done by almost any owner who is willing to do some studying. If you really do need to hire all your maintenance out, then you can shop around for the best quality/price.
SSquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2016, 09:18 PM   #10
4 Rivet Member

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Granbury , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmarc1955 View Post
Looking to purchase 23' Serenity. They are offering a Lifetime warranty, supposedly its free...or is it..any thoughts?
Nothing is free...but for discussion lets say it is free (to Airstream owner) for life of the trailer. My question is how exactly does this company make money to pay for repairs? The annual inspection money goes to the dealer correct? Does the dealer send them part of the annual inspection fee? If during annual inspection it is noted that your water heater needs replacing. Who pays for that? If your roof needs resealing and you don't let the dealer do it because they charge too much and elect to do it yourself does the warranty expire? Something doesn't smell right. This sounds like it could cost Airstream owner a lot of money every year.
cabinetmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2016, 10:59 PM   #11
Rivet Master

2015 27' Flying Cloud
Newberg , Oregon
SSquared, don't you flush the hot water tank and use the pressure relief valve when you winterized? I do. And yes there is some crud in the bottom of the tank, but since the user presumably empty seats it once a year I question paying the dealer to do the same.

Mike
Old 12-11-2016, 04:33 AM   #12
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
Working the relief valve and "flushing" the water heater are normally part of Winterizing. Otherwise, how does the water get out?
Old 12-11-2016, 05:32 AM   #13
3 Rivet Member

2020 23' Globetrotter
Savoy , Texas
More info.
Link www.rvwarrantyforever.com
It appears they took the cover off of the air conditioning. When put the cover on the ac ther was a Milwaukee electric screw driver on top of roof.
Old 12-11-2016, 07:33 AM   #14
Rivet Master

1976 31' Sovereign
Oswego , Illinois
Cool Lifetime warranty

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnArborBob View Post
As far as I know, Airstream corporate hasn't offered lifetime warranties for forty or fifty years. I'd be surprised if they had changed that policy.
AS stopped lifetime warranty, last year offered was 1974, at that time no inspections or any thing else was required, just take to dealer or factory and would be fixed plus no one year or any other restrictions. As i recall was for original owner , but could be wrong. I pur. 1 1966 and 1 1967 new that had lifetime. IMO they stopped because QC started to go downhill at that point and 1975 started to cheapen all models, esp after sale of corp. then Thor pur. little better but still bottom line profit before design and QC. Bill
featherbedder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2016, 07:54 AM   #15
Rivet Master

2015 27' Flying Cloud
Newberg , Oregon
I'm guessing the warrenty company gets a kickback from the dealer on the inspections.

That said, having you bearings and brakes inspected once a year is not a terrible idea.

Mike