Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Dollars & Cents > Trailer Values
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-19-2013, 08:02 AM   #1
4 Rivet Member

1972 23' Safari
1963 16' Bambi
1947 22' Liner
Hillpoint , Wisconsin
Worth a look?

This trailer is a ways from me (125 miles) but if its as solid as the ad states it maybe a better one to start with then the one I have. My 1959 Avion has soft floors and needs a axle ect... but has almost all the original parts on/in it yet. It looks like the Airstream in the ad has been "redone" a few times. Plus 4000.00 seems high. It has been for sale for a while as high as 5400.00 and the ad has been marked as spam before as well. I am not real familiar with the old airstram values so what do you experts think. Take a look or forget it?
24' AIRSTREAM vintage cheap
Sprouty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 08:35 AM   #2

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Alamo Heights , Texas
The '54 doesn't appear to be anywhere near ready to travel. There's a free-standing residential refrigerator and some sort of big heater just inside the door, which suggest that lots of other changes may have been made to make it a nice cabin. Nearly anything can be fixed/replaced/restored, but you have to really want to do the work and spend the money. I wouldn't bet a mortgage payment on the '54 being better than the devil you know (your Avion whose problems you've already found.)

Zero Gravitas — 2017 Flying Cloud 26U | WBCCI# 15566

He has all of the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire. — Sir Winston Churchill
DKB_SATX is offline   Reply With Quote