Old 05-25-2011, 11:25 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2011 19' Flying Cloud
Tulsa , Oklahoma
Whats A NEW 2010 23' International worth

Hey guys, I've found a new 2010 23 international and wonder what would be a fair discount to ask off the MSRP. I understand that 15 to 20 percent is reasonable off a current year.

I was thinking of offering 30 percent off the original MSRP or asking them to take another 15 percent off the current price? what do you experts think.

thanks in advance
Mark

Old 05-25-2011, 01:19 PM   #2

2006 19' International CCD
Olathe , Kansas
It all depends. I'd call Colonial AS and see where their price is and go from there. Then call the dealer your looking at and see where their "floor" is. It all depends on the market and how hungry they are. Good luck.

http://www.colonialairstream.com/air...137/index.html

blmitch5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 02:13 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2012 25' Flying Cloud
Battle Lake , Minnesota
Chances are they'll play money price games with you, and they have a lot more experience. We bought a 2-year-old floor model and worked hard, walked away, the whole bit to get 25% off. (We had cash in hand.) The trailer wasn't perfect, had a small crease, parts "borrowed", we went through it and got a list of maybe 15 fixes before we took delivery. It has been a really good trailer since though.

Watch these long term floor/RV show models. Lots of people coming and going, pushing, pulling, shoving. The batteries and inverter only lasted another year for us (inverter warranted).

You ought to give Andy Thomson at Can-Am Airstream a call about towing that 23 with the Tacoma. That's a lot of trailer for the little truck, not so much power, but payload, hitch weight, and the P rated stock tires won't feel good (sway and pushed around by the semi's on the highway.).

Doug K
Old 05-25-2011, 02:29 PM   #4
2 Rivet Member

2011 19' Flying Cloud
Tulsa , Oklahoma
Thanks for the great advice, have debated the size and weight issues on the truck... After much thought have decided to get the 23 and if the truck can't do it then trade it in. I've been on the Tacoma forums and they've given me some good advice on how to get the most out of my little truck. Of course the AS salesman, thinks the 23 and tacoma are a good fit.. LOL

Living in Tulsa Oklahoma I'd hoped not to have to travel to Oregon, Canada, or New Jersey but might have to if I can't get the right trailer at the right price closer. Headed to Texas over the Holiday weekend to see the selection down there.
Old 05-25-2011, 02:42 PM   #5
Wise Elder

2010 30' Classic
Vintage Kin Owner
South of the river , Minnesota
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mhenry2712 View Post
Hey guys, I've found a new 2010 23 international and wonder what would be a fair discount to ask off the MSRP. I understand that 15 to 20 percent is reasonable off a current year.

I was thinking of offering 30 percent off the original MSRP or asking them to take another 15 percent off the current price? what do you experts think.
Mark

This question comes up fairly regularly in various forms.

Shop around and as others have said, consider out of state dealers. Consider factory orders as well as dealer inventory.

Then the question you should be asking yourself is, "How much money do I have to save to make it with the extra wear, extra weathering, and extra hassle?"

A trailer out on a lot, exposed to sun, heat, and rain for a year or two will have some deterioration of the clearcoat, caulk, A/C shrouds, window gaskets, painted areas, electronics, and upholstery. Nothing serious necessarily but it does affect the ultimate life of the trailer.

I ultimately passed on a "lightly used" trailer that was two years old once I figured out I could get a new one for only a little more money (5% or something).
Old 05-25-2011, 04:20 PM   #6
Rivet Master

2012 25' Flying Cloud
Battle Lake , Minnesota
I think if I had to do it again, and I probably will, choosing between slightly used, new two year old floor model, inventory, or factory order, I would do factory order. Price not much difference and, get the options I truly want.

I see late model trailers listed in the classified section here, although below MSRP, close to what you can buy a new one for.

Doug