Old 08-11-2010, 05:00 PM   #1
Chicago , California
What to ask when buying

I'm new to Airstream but not a dunce. I started with the desire to buy a mid size trailer unit but have been somewhat smitten with the old motorhomes. I am considering an Excella or other under 25'. Can anyone refer me to the need to knows of buying a motorhome. I know each model will present different issues but I am looking for the 101 course so as not to get too badly hurt in a deal. I want to get a good 10,000 miles out of unit without a major issue so I set that as my min. However, I know that when buying an older unit you are buying a really big pet that needs constant TLC. It is my intention to upgrade it and wonder if anyone has tried adding solar units? What brand may have been used. How did the wiring go and where do you think extra batteries could go. Aside from that the basic rundown on purchasing would be great. If you know of a unit that you think I should look at then by all means let me in on the secret. Hope to see ya' on the road.
Daveo is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off