Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-24-2007, 08:23 PM   #1

Evergreen , Colorado
Value Question???

Greetings,

I am new to the forums, in fact this is my first post. My wife and I are looking for a used airstream. I have been searching the net for a long time, trying to find the right one. After comparing prices, being asked for the mid to late 90's models, to the NADA website, I am confused if it is accurate or not? Many of the asking prices for these trailers, are several thousand dollars higer than what the NADA website says they are worth!! Oddly enough, the late model airstreams, seem to compare fairly consistent with the NADA site.

Can someone tell me an average price for a 25 - 28 foot Safari from the 90's era?

Thank you in advance for the responses.

Respectfully,
RT
tormondsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 08:32 PM   #2
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
Welcome to the forums.
NADA is based on a depreciation by percentage of age VS original MSRP, and uses a formula of a ten year useful life (good for SOBs), not accurate for an Airstream. For an Airstream, it is more of what the market will bear.
You can search for "price vs condition" for more info.
Old 05-24-2007, 08:43 PM   #3

Evergreen , Colorado
Thank you Terry. I was afraid there would not be a straight forward answer though. I figured a later model, in working order, would be a good starter AS.
Old 05-24-2007, 09:56 PM   #4
4 Rivet Member

1967 30' Sovereign
Leavenworth , Kansas
Question Need help?

You've got a very active and wonderful group of people out there in mountainland. Contact InsideOut of this forum. She'll put you in touch with the right "hands on" person. And I'm sure she'll also send you an application for the WBCCI once you find your "silver baby".

67 Sovereign, double bed, rear bath-"Moby"
2005 Dodge Ram 2500 Hemi, Quad Cab-"Ahab"
"Vintage trailer, vintage owners"
silver 67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 11:38 PM   #5
Rivet Master

1956 22' Safari
2015 27' Flying Cloud
Vintage Kin Owner
Conifer/Evergreen , Colorado
Ah come on Beth...don't scare him off so fast!!! I'm not that bad!

Actually, she is right...we have a very active group of Airstreamers here in and around Denver of all ages and lifestyles with trailers young and old. You will occaisionally find trailers for sale on the DenCO Unit "classifieds" website...there is actually a '95 Excella in VERY EXCELLENT condition listed now. I've saw it at our rally last month, it still has the runners down protecting the carpet from when it was new. It would be a no-muss, no fuss first trailer.

Love to meet you and/or help you find "yours"...I do hear of them coming up for sale periodically or can put you in touch with some good folks able to check one out for you if you find one you are interested in. We (and 7 other Airstreams) will be passing through Evergreen on our way to Breckenridge (Tiger Run) tomorrow for the holiday weekend...if you happen to be "in the neighborhood" stop by and say "hi". In the meantime, happy posting!

Shari

P.S. Check out the WBCCI website below to see our full schedule for other activities that you could stop by & check out a bunch of trailers.
WBCCI #1824 - DenCO Unit Past President (2005)
AIR #30 - Join Date: 2-25-2002

RMVAC | ACI - CO Unit (Formerly WBCCI) | BIRDY - our 1956 Safari | 1964 Serro Scotty
InsideOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 09:12 AM   #6
1 Rivet Member

1971 27' Overlander
Golden , Colorado
RT,
Another source is craigslist.org, we found and bought a '71 overlander off of that in February, it was out in Elizabeth (east of Highlands Ranch). There were a few posted on there at the time.
We're living in ours now up in Steamboat while our house northwest of Golden sells.

Good luck!
mb71overlndr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 04:45 PM   #7

Evergreen , Colorado
Great advice, thank you everyone for your responses!