Old 01-12-2018, 03:19 PM   #15
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Virginia Beach , Virginia
It is a technicality - AND a Federal Offense to put anything in a mailbox that does npt have proper postage stamps/meter affixed. If using a door slot, no problem...
Get a postal inspector in a bad mood and get a biggish fine!

So stick your note ON the door or in a stamped envelope. Leave an invitation "would like to take you to Olive Garden for lunch to discuss...." might get some interest too.

Paula

Old 01-13-2018, 12:19 AM   #16
Rivet Master

1972 31' Sovereign
Currently Looking...
felton , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foiled Again View Post
It is a technicality - AND a Federal Offense to put anything in a mailbox that does npt have proper postage stamps/meter affixed. If using a door slot, no problem...
Get a postal inspector in a bad mood and get a biggish fine!

So stick your note ON the door or in a stamped envelope. Leave an invitation "would like to take you to Olive Garden for lunch to discuss...." might get some interest too.

Paula

Think I'll go back tomorrow with a simple note and leave on his doorstep. I met the neighbor yesterday and they said he was a super nice guy. No for sale sign and kinda hidden from the street.
It's obviously been there for a long time , he must have been approached many times you'd think, even by regular folks just because it's so cool looking .. question remains though, if he said , sure make me an offer , what's it worth ?! lets assume interior trashed or not there even and Chassis rusted badly. It looks so low to the ground, may have been removed from the chassis even. Beyond my skill set to renovate anyways !!

nickclifford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 04:26 AM   #17
Rivet Master

1967 17' Caravel
Cadillac , Michigan
I personally am no fan of the "drop by".
This is why I'm in the country too.
I had people drop by to try buy my Caravel. Built a garage & that ended.
Mail them a note with a self addressed stamped envelope.
Dingo Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 10:03 AM   #18
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Virginia Beach , Virginia
I have heard of $2000 or more being paid for a shell of that age in good condition. Anything but the shell is unlikely to be anything but trash in a unit stored outside in a humid climate.... these had alum. Cabinets so they are maybe. Every segment that has to be replaced.. I would minus $300, window frames are unobtanium.

Been used for target practice on the side you can't see... or has had chicken coop doors added.... walk away.

Lastly if you don't actually want to restore it and find that the owner would sell... then help him post it here. Spec buying and reselling can be profitable, but is very risky. There used to be a business on the east side of I95 in SC.... the owners have probably passed, and still there are 10 or so Trail Manors sitting forlornly... 8 years ago the guy had 25 - 30 units everyone looked, but buyers, not so much. The reseller often turns into a hoarder by default.

Paula
Old 01-13-2018, 10:22 AM   #19
Rivet Master

1971 25' Tradewind
1993 34' Excella
Currently Looking...
Estancia , New Mexico
I have bought a few by the knocking and ask method. You could also leave a note and follow up with a visit if no response. This is how I got my 71. Did not get a response for months.