Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Dollars & Cents > Trailer Values
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-02-2013, 10:27 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2000 25' Excella
Danville , California
Value on a 2000 25 foot excella

Hi, Im looking at a 2000 25 foot Excella. What do you think a good price is? it looks to be in good condition from the photos ,(I have to go see it in person). It has solar, center bath, rear queen bed. It has laminate floors. The NADA price came out about 11,000 which seems pretty low. They are asking 20,000. Also, where is that spot on the forum whee you can get someone to come out and look at the Airstream with you?? You know check out all the techincal issues that aren't always apparent on first inspection. Like Im not on expert on rear end seperation or axels.
Thanks for your help.
Old 04-02-2013, 10:56 AM   #2

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Alamo Heights , Texas
I wouldn't venture to guess about the value without seeing the trailer or at least the photos, but to find a volunteer inspector:

From the Portal tab, look down the right-most column. Below the "Airstreams on eBay" section is "Airstream Inspectors" from which you can select the state and the inspector type. I'd recommend sorting the list for the more-active users (just because they're more likely to notice your request and respond) and look for active users close to the location of the trailer. Send a PM to the best choice or two.

Zero Gravitas — 2017 Flying Cloud 26U | WBCCI# 15566

He has all of the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire. — Sir Winston Churchill
DKB_SATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 11:03 AM   #3
Rivet Master

1988 25' Excella
1987 32' Excella
Knoxville , Tennessee
We have a 1988 25' Excella. Love it. The 25's are pretty highly desired and should get a premium price. Yes, you need to check it &carefully or get someone to do that. But I doubt if a center bath 25 will have a axle or rear end separation problem. It probably does have the osb floor so it does need to be checked for leaks.

I do not know the market. The NADA is generally considered very low. My advise is to check condition carefully and if it is a good one then decide what you can afford. I know it is better to spend up front than to try to repair a "bargain". Wish I did not know that so well.
Bill M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 11:46 AM   #4
2 Rivet Member

2000 25' Excella
Danville , California
I must be really technically challenged. I can not make the blue portal tab drop down so I can find the airstream inspectors. What am I doing wrong. I looked through all the other catagories and can't find it. what am I doing???
Old 04-02-2013, 11:51 AM   #5

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Alamo Heights , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggiefoss View Post
I must be really technically challenged. I can not make the blue portal tab drop down so I can find the airstream inspectors. What am I doing wrong. I looked through all the other catagories and can't find it. what am I doing???
The tab does not drop down. When you click it, it takes you to the Portal page (which, in the space below the row of tabs, will say "Airstream Trailer & Motorhome Owners Community") and once you're on that page, follow the instructions I gave earlier.

Zero Gravitas — 2017 Flying Cloud 26U | WBCCI# 15566

He has all of the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire. — Sir Winston Churchill
DKB_SATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 06:13 PM   #6
4 Rivet Member

1996 28' Excella
Portland , Oregon
NADA is not a good source for Airstreams. For some reason the values of the other 99% of trailers (non-airstreams) get averaged into their calculations on travel trailers. Post up some pics and get an inspector.
I'm on my 5th RV and 2nd Airstream, and I printed out a 5 page inspection checklist to take with me on my most recent purchase. I also took about 80 pictures documenting the whole inspection. It took me almost 2hrs with the trailer. But that's what I would expect if I was paying someone to look at it for me. I had to bring back the report for my wife and brother-in-law and his wife, as this was a group purchase.

-Kevin
Old 04-04-2013, 10:14 PM   #7
4 Rivet Member

1999 27' Safari
Palo Alto , California
If it is in very good condition, I would be more comfortable around $18k - prices are premium in the Bay Area. I've got a similar trailer but paid quite a bit less in southern Oregon. I'd want the shell to be perfect, new tires and brakes and recently serviced running gear for close to what they are asking.

1999 27' Airstream Safari + 2011 Mercedes GL 350 Turbo-diesel + 2021 Ford F150 Platinum Hybrid w/ 7,200 Watt Pro Power
ddruker is offline   Reply With Quote