Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Dollars & Cents > Trailer Values

Old 03-21-2014, 08:55 AM   #15
Rivet Master
Commercial Member
1957 30' Sovereign of the Road
1959 28' Ambassador
1949 24' Limited
Peru , New York
Originally Posted by HeikeET View Post
Guys I am not really selling it but neither one of you would even be close. I paid a lot more than that for it not too long ago . So it stays right where it is :-)
A couple of years ago my brother was looking into buying an 04 19' Bambi & he checked the NADA guide. It ranged from $8K for the low end to $12K for the high end. I'm guessing your trailer would be lower than the low end due to hail damage etc. I hope this helps you out.

Colin H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 09:38 AM   #16
Rivet Master
1973 21' Globetrotter
Houston , Texas
The quickest way for you to get a good feel of what its worth would be to search high and low on craigslist, ebay (completed auctions), RVTrader.com, etc. and try to find a "comparable" trailer and see what someone is willing to pay for it.

Did you buy it with a clean title, or is it considered "salvage?" A salvage title will almost permanently detract from its worth as well.

I can give you a couple of comps: A couple of years ago, I looked at a 2002 19' trailer. Interior was mostly pristine, as it had hardly seen any use. The exterior looked like it had been dragged against a telephone pole along the street side. It had a salvage title, and the seller was asking $5500 for it. I walked away from it, but if I had it to do over again, I would snap it up. The guy's ad kept getting flagged off Craigslist because the price was so low people thought it was a scam (it didn't seem that low once I saw all the body damage, though). It eventually got snapped up, though.

There was also recently a 19' trailer on ebay that was up for bid with no reserve. I think it was around a 2006 or 2007. Its shortcomings were that the owners had made some interior mods that many people might not appreciate, and there had been some relatively minor damage to the exterior that instead of doing panel replacements, they had riveted on patches. The auction ended with a price in the vicinity of $8k less than similar trailers without the mods and patches.

So the question is, "why do you want to know what its worth?" It doesn't sound like you are keen to sell. If you are wondering if you got taken when you bought it, sometimes ignorance is bliss. If you are wondering if it is worth repairing, well that's something else. There are plenty of threads on here about fixing hail damage--make sure you do some investigation before putting a torch to your trailer (its not good for the clear coat or the temper of the aluminum). If you are looking to improve the value of it avoid the bondo and latex paint as well!

good luck!

Belegedhel is offline   Reply With Quote