Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-04-2010, 08:12 AM   #1
Rivet Master

1964 17' Bambi II
1961 24' Tradewind
Strasburg , Pennsylvania
Value of a 1986 Excella 32'

Hello Everyone-

Dad is possibly looking to sell his 1986 32' Excella. This is his third Airstream...has had them since 1977 or so. We lost Mom two years ago and he is struggling with stiff legs after a knee surgery gone bad. He wants to keep camping, hoping to buy an Airstream van camper that would not require the constant in-out-in-out of the car required to hitch up alone. The Excella might just be too much for him now.

He is wondering how much it is worth? I can try to get some shots of it when I am over next...but can tell you it has straight skin with the exception of a pretty nasty front lower driver's side corner dent caused by some big road debris, all major systems work...good tires and frame. No soft floor issues that I know of. The interior is pretty nice for the vintage, but could stand to be cleaned up. I know that another accident, a trailer tire blowing, caused some damage to the "mother cord" that feeds info to the systems data center in the front center console...I think some the readings on tank levels, etc. are not able to be used at this point. I did the body work on the passenger side wheel well and it is back in shape.

He is looking for a ballpark...and I want to help him in any way possible. I am hoping we can find a buyer who will use it. Like I said, Dad is interested in an Airstream van camper, so some kind of trade would be very possible.

Thanks! Ben
PA BAMBI II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 09:49 AM   #2
Aluminitus Carrier

1968 26' Overlander
south lake tahoe , California
Send a message via Skype™ to lovingtahoe
Here is a nice resource for beginning to calculate your Airstream's value. I realize that your Excella is not "vintage" but it is a great way to see how to start to figure in what "fair" vs. "excellent" condition is. Also. I would take a look at various classifieds such as EBay, airstreamtrailers.com, Craig's List (I use Crazed List to view several markets at a time ) and the classifieds section here to get a decent estimate.

Price vs. Condition - Airstream Values

WBCCI - #4066 / Sierra Nevada Unit 157
TAC - # CA-9
South Lake Tahoe, California
lovingtahoe is offline   Reply With Quote