Old 10-30-2012, 04:46 PM   #1
3 Rivet Member

2009 27' FB Classic
Southlake , Texas
Travel Ready 1947 Liner..

Well, I found a too good to be true Airstream for sale and bought it. I'm now the owner of a 2009 27fb Classic Limited.

I really don't want to sell my Liner but, the reality is, I don't need two Airstreams. I've listed it for sale in the Classifieds. 1947 Airstream 20' Liner - Airstream Trailer Classifieds - Airstreams Trailers For Sale

I've priced it at $59,000 I think it is worth it but, what does everyone think? You can't come close to building one of this caliber for that. The only thing original is the shell, everything else is new.

Old 10-30-2012, 05:52 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1954 25' Cruiser
Kyle , The Republic of Texas
That . . . Is . . . One . . . Gorgeous . . . Renovated . . . Airstream!!!

Easy for me to say, but I'd sure want to keep that one. There are just going to be times "down the road" when you're going to kick yourself in the back side for seling such a special beauty.

Old 10-30-2012, 06:01 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2007 30' Classic
Oswego , Illinois
Seriously, What Whitsend said. That's a museum piece....but updated. I wouldn't part with it.

"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy." - Red Green
dznf0g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 06:17 PM   #4
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
Hey Cory,

Just sent you a message about this on Facebook. Man I wish I could buy your trailer. I won't forget having a great time with you guys and that trailer back in 2009 at the C2C rally.

Wish you and the girls all the best.

Steve
Old 10-30-2012, 06:39 PM   #5
3 Rivet Member

2009 27' FB Classic
Southlake , Texas
Well, I know I'll miss it for sure but, I really can't justify 2 trailers. The lucky thing is, I don't HAVE to get rid of it. I'd love for it to go to someone that will use it like our family has. We've put no fewer than 15,000 miles on it over the last 4 years. These have been completely uneventful miles. Jimmy built it to travel and Travel we have!!
Old 10-30-2012, 06:42 PM   #6
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
Oh they HAVE been eventful, just without any issues or problems!
Old 11-02-2012, 12:42 PM   #7
1 Rivet Member

Portland , Oregon
Very nicely done trailer! I was in the market for a similar trailer two years ago and I would say $38k is the number and here is why. The market is very thin for restored Airstreams. Most of the ones I found were Bambi's and there is a reason why; they're cute and easily fit in the garage. Yours is a very useable size but most of the buyers of these type of trailers don't use them enough. Most people honestly believe they can buy an unrestored one for $10k and do a nice build for $25k. Whether they can or not is another story. They end up with exactly THEIR dream, not yours. I ended up with a 2008 Safari Sport 22 which I can easily pull with my Range Rover Sport and has all of the modern conveniences. With all that said, some people will just write a check if it floats their boat. I did that with my home, it was exactly what I wanted and then some. I didn't care about price and have long since stopped caring about whether it was a good or bad deal. Great Liner and I hope you get every penny you want from it!
Old 11-03-2012, 08:29 AM   #8
3 Rivet Member

2009 27' FB Classic
Southlake , Texas
Oregono, Thanks for the well thought reply. Not exactly what I wanted to hear . But, probably a pretty good assessment. I've had a pretty good response so far from my ad here and will most likely be offering it up on eBay soon. I'll post a link here when the time comes. What we really enjoy about our Liner is she is VERY usable and comfortable not just a show trailer. We will definitely miss her but, I hate keeping her and not using her, that would be like child abuse. She needs to be on the road for someone to use.

Tags