Old 02-24-2015, 08:52 AM   #71
warren , Vermont
Hi... Thank you for writing... i mean AS factory options, and have found them! Went to and under the 'service' tab, there is a selection 'archives'... From there you can see spec lists for lots of AS units over the years... The time it would take though, to find the appropriate list in this archive, and then select all of the items on the NADA list would be time consuming to say the least! Additionally, i have found out already that virtually all of those listed for sale now have had changes and upgrades made to them, thus making the process of selecting appropriate items on the NADA list virtually impossible?! whew...

One AS owner (looking to sell his) shared that pricing is largely a matter of familiarity with them as well as what people have been paying for them... What do you think? With little knowledge about them, it is challenging for me to know whether an asking price is reasonable, way high, or ???

Thank u again for writing...

warren, vt

djvl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 07:40 AM   #72
2 Rivet Member
2015 25' FB Flying Cloud
Charleston , South Carolina
Originally Posted by FiveGreers View Post
Like all of us newbies that learn from these boards, I truly appreciate all the information that you all share. It truly is a great help! I'll keep you all posted! Hum...wonder if I should put the pop up UP for sale?!?!?!
Ditto, and often when you answer one persons iquiry, more than one newbie benefits

BKuhlman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 03:41 PM   #73
1 Rivet Member
Lakewood , Colorado
NADA Values vs. Asking price

I've recently begun researching purchasing an Airstream. Although I understand that they hold their value, I'm honestly surprised at the disparity of what NADA will lists for value and what people are asking for (mainly on this site). Most of the ones I'm interested are 2-3 times what NADA value is.

Is this true across the board? Are there other sites where the prices are a little bit more in line with NADA value? The trailers I'm looking at aren't that old (7-10 years) so it's not like they've had a full frame-off restoration.

I'm pretty new in the world of Airstream, so any input is appreciated.
kyleice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2015, 06:50 PM   #74
2 Rivet Member
2004 25' Safari
High Springs , Florida
Originally Posted by kyleice View Post
Are there other sites where the prices are a little bit more in line with NADA value?
I've bought and sold a few RVs in my time and have usually done well. I've used the public NADA valuations to guide my purchases and sales and have found it to be highly accurate. And then I ran into Airstreams. I can only speak of my experience with my model. 1999 Safari 25. NADA $3,900 to $4,680. Not even the Craigslist scammers have them priced in that range. I found a couple priced in the mid teens but couldn't get a response from the sellers. One has now reappeared, same price, same photo, different write up and different area of the country, so I have that marked as scam. I did see someone a year or so ago, in this thread, considering a similar unit @ $16K and though it was reasonable. I saw a dealer ad on this site for a nice looking unit @ $16.5K, sold. The few private parties where I could contact a person were priced around $20K ( I usually deal with the lower end pricing, but that just my nitch). Most of the units on rvtrader were price in the mid to upper $20K range with the outliers priced mid to upper $30K range.

With that information I concluded that, unlike most RVs I've dealt with, NADA was just wrong on this unit, for whatever reason. I paid considerably more for my unit than NADA suggested for a full bore dealer retail in good condition. My unit needs attention and I'll put a couple grand into getting it into travel shape. I'm perfectly happy with the price I paid.
Black7beard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2016, 04:04 PM   #75
1998 34' Excella 1000
Monroe , Michigan
HELP.... Looking for a suggested sale price for a 1988, Squarestream. Rear, queen bed, all appliances, and systems working. No leaks. New flooring, wall surface, in bedroom...done in 2014. Bathroom floor and ceramic toilet added in 2015.
Mkbraymond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 04:50 AM   #76
Waverly , Georgia
Value question.

Hello guys. New to the site. I have always wanted a used Airstream to renovate....probably just like everyone else. Looking at a 1965 Overlander 26'. Exterior is in fair condition minus some key doors and / or hardware and bad buffing techniques resulting in some substantial scratching. Interior is completely gutted with the belly pan missing, frame sold but rusted. Running gear intact but in need of replacement / upgrading. This has project gone wrong repeatedly written all over it but the shell is pretty good like I said. I have tried to find price comps but it appears that everyone with a "shell" is wanting 5k and up? Is this because "flippers" are driving up the price? Are people actually getting these prices? I have watched a few on Ebay and I noticed a couple appear to have been "purchased" by the same people and a very high, in my opinion, price. Is it possible to "cheat" Ebay?

jweaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 06:39 AM   #77
Rivet Master
1975 27' Overlander
Mission , Texas
When we bought ours the PO didn't have it hooked up to prove that anything worked even though he claimed everything did. Prior to going to see it I did some price checking for making repairs. My last line of work was as a stationary engineer at a hospital, so nothing about RV repair is beyond my scope. It very obviously needed work, but the co-pilot loved it. Fixing it would cost less than a new plain white box, so we bought it. Making the repairs we realized it was a bit small for us to full time in, plus we had a huge change of plans, so now it is up for sale. On the surface it could look like I'm flipping it, but if that were true I'd fix the dents and pretty up the inside more. As is, it is camp worthy, and the age of the appliances allows for gradual replacements if necessary.

After having worked on it, I don't think anyone other than the vintage for $20k and up sellers are actually flipping them.

nrgtrakr is offline   Reply With Quote