Old 09-12-2012, 09:05 AM   #57
Site Team

1974 31' Sovereign
Ottawa , ON
Action could be right. Do you see any problemn with making an offer at the total of what the bank sees as its value ($20k)?

The seller can say no, but you do have some evidence to use regarding value.

Oh, and the seller could also say yes!

Old 09-12-2012, 09:30 AM   #58
Rivet Master

2012 28' International
Issaquah , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveswenson
I went into NADA to see what an AS I was considering was worth and the guide told me 43,000 was average retail. Went to the bank, they go by wholesale and they say it's only worth 32,000. So I have to come up with a healthy down payment. Boo.

Dave
Well it got worse. It seems the nada value takes a big dump in the sixth year. What I thought was an'08 turned out to be an '07. The bank lowered what they'd loan me by $11,000. Yikes Fortunately I found that Good Sam finance goes by 130% of nada wholesale, and they took other things into consideration so their offer was $7500 better than B of A.

I could be wrong but I think trailer is worth what he's asking, and there are other buyers. He won't budge on the price.

So I may have to just bite the bullet. It's only money. Right?

Dave

2014 Ram 2500 CTD
Pro Pride
Centramatics
daveswenson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 12:14 PM   #59
Moderator dude

1966 26' Overlander
Phoenix , Arizona
Considering I work for a bank, just not that kind of one, many lending institutions are in the very conserative mode because of the market in the last 5 years. (Hey there aren't as many lending sources as there used to be) Taking a very conserative approach may not garner expansive market share, however it is a long term market strategy.

If you want it and think it is worth it then write the check. Like you stated it's only money.

>>>>>>>>>Action
Old 04-02-2013, 10:11 AM   #60
2 Rivet Member

2000 25' Excella
Danville , California
Just thought I d let you know that we paid 7900. for our 72 25 foot Airstream Tradewind 2 years ago. Most things worked on it. It was in good condition. All the orginal bins and tambour doors were in it, as well as the over bed drop down bins. It was clean, no leaks and we could camp in it right away. We also fought with about 2 other couples to get it, as it had just been on craigs list for 2 days. Since we have owned it, we put in laminate floors, replaced the axels, and re-did the electrical wiring. We camp in it quite a bit. We have the center twins and rear bath. We are now looking at getting a 2000 excella. What would your parents say is the value of theirs? What length is theirs? If we get a new trailer, ours will be on the market, just saying!
Old 08-10-2013, 06:35 PM   #61
PVStreamer

2005 28' International CCD
Scottsdale , Arizona
Would anyone please comment on the effect for value if ROAD DINGS on the shields and the body above the shields of an Airstream (2005 CCD 28')?
Old 08-11-2013, 11:25 PM   #62
Rivet Master

1988 25' Excella
Sunnyvale , California
Send a message via AIM to Condoluminum
Assuming they are the small dimply dings that come from kicked up small rocks, the value impact is minor to negligible.. If any are actual holes, or tears, or large (2-6" depressions) then those might be worth a discount... The shields are designed and intended to take hits...

In Theory, there's no difference between Theory and Practice, but in Practice, there is usually a difference...
Condoluminum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 10:48 AM   #63
1 Rivet Member

1998 25' Safari
quincy , Ohio
ok people, I need advice. i'm looking at a 1998 safari 25'. they are asking $16000 and my search through the NADA isn't all that helpful. it says new price was around $28000 and retail to be a little over $5000. based on that retail value my financial institution probably wont loan the askng amount. the one i'm looking at is from original owners and has always been serviced at the Jackson center plant, is all original, everything works, and is in excellent shape. from all my searching the asking price seems to be inline with year and condition. so is the NADA original price what a lender would use or are they going to use the retail price?
Old 08-08-2014, 12:23 PM   #64
Moderator dude

1966 26' Overlander
Phoenix , Arizona
NADA original new price was the Manufactured Sugested Retail Price (MSRP) when the unit was for sale in the dealership as brand new.

There will be other values listed such as trade in or Low retail or high retail. All of these numbers are based on surveyed sales or in many cases an algorithim based on what is happening in the market place. In my opinion is is a good place to start and not necessarily actual market place value of any given unit.

When using the guide make sure to enter all of the features of the trailer. It can significantly alter the value.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Action
Old 02-21-2015, 05:46 PM   #65

warren , Vermont
Hi... Am actively looking for an Airstream, and see all manner of asking prices!? How does one find all of the equipment that comes standard with each model so as to get an accurate price using NADA? How are people coming up with the prices they are asking?

Thank u!
djvl
sat 21 feb
Old 02-21-2015, 05:48 PM   #66

warren , Vermont
How do you find the features for each model?
Thank u,
djvl
sat 21 feb
Old 02-21-2015, 06:36 PM   #67
Site Team

1974 31' Sovereign
Ottawa , ON
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rog0525 View Post
Airstreams up to 20 years old (NADA guide)
http://www.nadaguides.com/RVHome.asp...wPr=0&wPg=2005
(includes motor homes)

Vintage Airstream trailers (25 or more years old):
Price vs. Condition - Vintage Airstream

These are guides only and not intended as a definitive source for value on all used Airstream RV's.
Up to 20, and the other part is 25 or more? Is that a typo, or in other words, what about 21 to 24 years old?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wahoonc View Post
Minya,
FWIW the "guides" are a bit dated for the older trailers. I watch Ebay...but the prices on there are really skewed, I watch RVtrader.com and RVtraderonline.com as well as surfing Dealer websites. The shorter trailers command a more premium price than the longer ones and as more and more baby boomers become aware the price and availablity of Airstreams is changing. If you don't mind my asking...how much is Bates asking for the AS?

Aaron
I watch ebaY for a few things too, but of course, you really need to see what things sold for, and unless you are looking at the entire progression of a sale, you never see the closing price, do you?

At least, that's what it looks like to me. The other part is that once an item for sale closes, there is precious little info except for the "headlines".

But maybe it's different for the auto/vehicle section.
Old 02-22-2015, 04:49 AM   #68
Trying to run away.....

Currently Looking...
Hampton , Virginia
RV Prices, Values & Reviews - NADAguides
Old 02-22-2015, 05:40 AM   #69

warren , Vermont
and how do you find the list of features for each model?
dara
sun, 22 feb
Old 02-22-2015, 05:49 AM   #70
Trying to run away.....

Currently Looking...
Hampton , Virginia
Do you mean the AS factory options? Or the listed options thru NADA?