Old 12-27-2005, 02:47 PM   #15
Moderator dude

1966 26' Overlander
Phoenix , Arizona
Sell the pop up in the spring when it will bring the most money.

Keep going and do as much research as you can.

Here is some more of what you are looking at.... http://www.vintageairstream.com/arch...ind/index.html
Length of trailer is from ball to bumper, and is not exactly 25'.
Things that may be important to you that were options:
Awning
A/C
Stabilizers
Water filter

Other Q's for the dealer....
When was the last time the bearings were repacked?
Same q for the tires although you may get I dunno for an answer.
Everything working? All propane items (furnace, refer, cook top, oven, water heater) Refer work on electric. Water pump, 12 V lights, 110 v outlets

We (this forum) will be the biggest cheerleaders for you.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Action

Old 12-27-2005, 03:18 PM   #16
3 Rivet Member

Crestview , Florida
I really like the twins-BUT I think I could live with two couches. The dealer said the awning was in "good" condition-note to self-make sure dad pulls it all the way out! He also said "everything" works-another note-make sure dad turns everything on!! I did ask him about the stabilizers-and they are crank down-yeah!

Thanks for the tips-and cheers!

Old 12-27-2005, 03:50 PM   #17
Moderator dude

1966 26' Overlander
Phoenix , Arizona
When you pull out the awning ALL the way, you may find the large roller on top is slightly bent. Mine is. If it's a Zip Dee awning (an Airstream original equippment) there is a procedure to straighten. I have not done it, only because it requires several people.

THERE ARE TWO FLOOR PLANS
If the floor plan is two twin beds, the beds are located on each side of the trailer just in front of the rear bath. If the floor plan is one double bed, the bed will be located in front of the rear bath perpendictular to the direction of the trailer.

You will have a couch (gaucho) in the front with either floor plan. This should convert to a bed also. There will be storage under each.

Even though I have the LandYacht options I do not know what those options are. May be it's the stabilizers and or awning??

If TV means anything to you on vacation, check the antenna if it's roof mounted, for getting caught and being damaged. We have one however we never watch TV when using the trailer. So I couldn't tell anyone if it works well or not.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Action
Old 12-27-2005, 04:15 PM   #18
1 Rivet Member

1970 31' Sovereign
Portland , OR
You might want to make sure the refrigerator works well on both gas and electric. It takes a little time, but they do wear out and are the most expensive appliance to replace.
Old 12-27-2005, 04:23 PM   #19
3 Rivet Member

Crestview , Florida
This model has the two couches-one in front and one in the midsection. It "looks" pretty good, but seeing is believing! My plan is to have the dealer hook everything up prior to my parents getting there so that they can SEE everything working-or NOT! The frig will be bigger than what I have now, but I still see me packing a cooler- . That is one of those items, that if it goes, I'll just deal without until I can get it repaired/replaced. But the more you all type, the more excited I get-lol! BUT, like Action said, I am willing to walk away if the price/unit isn't right! I still have my "Zippy"-pop up as the kids call it. So I can still camp- !
Old 01-15-2006, 11:05 AM   #20
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Grand Rapids , Michigan
Bates RV in FLA

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiveGreers
Thanks for the link...in my short search, I found a 1977 25' Landyacht (is that right?) at Bates RV here in Florida, and according to the guide, they do (I guess always) want too much! Very cute unit-ALMOST what I'm looking for- .
I just bought a 2004 19' Bambi form Bates. I htought the price was terrific. Hope I'm right!
Old 01-15-2006, 12:06 PM   #21
Rivet Master

2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
Send a message via Skype™ to GT1963
Hi Fivegeers

Check with Happycampers - Marvin works for Bates - maybe he could take some pics for you before your parents have a chance to get down there.

Romour has it they maybe putting the Argosy up for sale this coming week!
Have done a lot of nice work and lots of new parts and working replacement parts - All the hard work is done.

Depending on how many kiddies you have - I would go for the couch and twins as you can also rig up bunks over the twins to give sleeping for 6 people. With the bathroom at the back you have more room.

Another thought though - if 8900 is the range for only a few thousand more you can jump up to a 1990+ with more upto date systems - like around 12-14K If you have to finance any of it then you may as well go for something that will last you a long time.
Old 01-15-2006, 07:51 PM   #22
3 Rivet Member

Crestview , Florida
Double D-we just saw yours today! As I came down to Orlando to help my parents get ready to move and we went to Bates today! Saw your Bambi today with a SOLD sign on it-very nice unit.

We have decided to go with a 22', possibly NEW. We reazlied that we do not have the ability to refurbish an oldie (which they had some real cuties at Bates), and that we plan on keeping the unit, so we think we will be looking for a newer one. We're quite excited, but know that our search will not start until later this year- . That's okay, at least we know it WILL happen- . Thanks for all of your suggestions/comments/and encouragement. I'm quite excited now that I've been IN them and know what we're looking for!!
Old 01-15-2006, 10:18 PM   #23
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Grand Rapids , Michigan
Wow, that's so cool! You got to see it before we did! We've been working with James Cogley there. He's been great. We've been shopping prices for a long time and feel we got a good deal. If you don't have a salesperson there yet, I recommend James. Tell him Darrell said, "Hi!" Thanks so much for the post. We're super excited to finally get an Airstream!
Old 01-16-2006, 02:13 PM   #24
3 Rivet Member

Crestview , Florida
We've got a salesperson there, but we probably won't make any move until later this year. Although I hate to wait in fear that we'll miss out on the one we want, but everything happens for a reason! So fingers crosses she's still there later on!

I've got a ton of pics of your Bambi that my mother took for me when they went to look at the '77. She thought we may like the Bambi-but we're a family of 5! Just not big enough for ALL of us...let me know if you'd like to see the pics-I'm sure you will- !
Old 01-16-2006, 05:12 PM   #25
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Grand Rapids , Michigan
I've got a ton of pics of your Bambi that my mother took for me when they went to look at the '77. She thought we may like the Bambi-but we're a family of 5! Just not big enough for ALL of us...let me know if you'd like to see the pics-I'm sure you will-

Would LOVE them. Do you have our email address?
ddegraw4@comcast.net
Old 01-16-2006, 08:18 PM   #26
3 Rivet Member

Crestview , Florida
Darrell & Faith-sent them to you-hope the file wasn't too huge! It was suppsed to shrink the pics. It's a really spiffy unit. If it were just my DH and me, we would have done it. Price was really spot on, too! Any idea when you'll be heading down to pick her up?
Old 01-16-2006, 08:51 PM   #27
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Grand Rapids , Michigan
Thanks, they are GREAT pictures! Lots of angles, view points! Looks like the only flaw is a few spots of rust on the license plate bracket. No biggie.
We're thinking of going maybe the first week of Feb. as we're going to be on vacation in Colorado the last week of Jan. Whoa! That's just next week. Our 18 year old daughter (only kid we have) was on a hiking trip with her church youth group out there in the Rockies last summer. She got extremely ill from altitude sickness- passed out, respiration slow, blood pressure whacked, etc. A rescue team came to get her off the mountain. We want to meet the guy who carried her down that scary night. She's stayed in touch with him so we thought it would be cool to thank him in person.
Anyway, long story... zzzzzzzz. Are you in Florida, too? We'll let you know when we head doen (or if I chicken out and have it delivered). I think it would be cool if can pick it up. That way we can make sure everthing works and is in order, hitch is adjusted correctly, etc.
Thanks again for the wonderful photos!
Old 01-16-2006, 08:56 PM   #28
3 Rivet Member

Crestview , Florida
I'll be sending you one more picture of the Bambi next to the Safari-the one I'd LOVE to have. The Safari also has the rusted license plate on the back and she said they'd change those out-so no problems there! Glad you liked the pictures.

Have fun in Co.!!