Old 05-13-2006, 03:04 PM   #15
3 Rivet Member

2005 30' Classic
Sacramento , California
The only mistake I made was not jumping in the truck and heading out the first week end to go get the trailer. But I'm in the Air Force Reserve and that week was my drill week end. I probably could have skipped it but the seller said there was no hurry so I didn't worry about it. This weekend was bad for him so we settled on next week end....well that was my mistake....he had too much time to think about it and other offers. As far as tipping my hand...he knew the blue book value and even said "priced well below blue book" in his add.

I've been a cop for 30+ years and nothing pisses me off more than to be lied to.

I'm over it. I'll find another.

Mike

Old 05-15-2006, 10:23 PM   #16
4 Rivet Member

2005 30' Safari
Chandler , Arizona
I'm curious

Do you still own the 29' Sovereign posted on your profile? Why are you seeking a new one? Have you considered doin' a fulll Monte on your current AS. Make it just the way you want.. Gut it and polish the outside? You could outsource the work and come out spending a little less money than a new classic and she will be just what you always wanted. Just a thought. I bought a new one only because the floor plan suits our growing family. When I buy my dream AS and it is just me and the little lady traveling the country side it will be the older the AS the better, custom with lots of shine, all modern upgrades and the smell of a brand new interior. Again just my 2.5 cents...

Old 05-16-2006, 08:45 PM   #17
3 Rivet Member

2005 30' Classic
Sacramento , California
Yea, I considered the "Monty" but I really like the wide body, and I've actually found another 30' here in California. It's just like the "other one" but it's an 05 which the only difference is no disc brakes. I really love the floor plan, the vista view windows, the dinet in the wide body is a big plus too. I especially like the bathroom with the shower oposite the head, makes a nice spacious compartment. I don't think I couold do the "Monty" and like it as much as the current 30 footer.

I'll be posting as soon as I make or close the deal...hopefully....I won't be shooting my mouth off this time!

Mike
Old 06-07-2006, 11:23 AM   #18
2 Rivet Member

1959 24' Tradewind
BREA , California
not too sound like everyone else and to repeat what they all said, but it is true, it happened because it wasnt meant to be.
keep looking, follow your gut, and the next time you find a deal, keep it quiet until the deal is sealed.

good luck, and happy hunting
Old 06-07-2006, 04:54 PM   #19
3 Rivet Member

2005 30' Classic
Sacramento , California
Update!!

Found a very slightly used '05 30' Classic in pristine condition...It's in the driveway and the title is in the safe!

Previous owner had it just over a year and it doesn't look like he used it at all. It has the leather sofabed, big A/C unit, lino in the galley, spare tire, sky lights and so on....I'm extremely happy and heading to Pismo Beach this week end for a week of relaxation and just checking the rig out with plans for a long trip to British Columbia later this summer.

Mike
Old 06-07-2006, 05:04 PM   #20
Rivet Master

1948 16' Wee Wind
1953 21' Flying Cloud
Denver , Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by flynmike
Update!! Found a very slightly used '05 30' Classic in pristine condition...It's in the driveway and the title is in the safe! Mike
Mike:

Congratulations!! Now you're truly Flyn.

Fred Coldwell, WBCCI #1510, AIR #2675
Denver, Colorado - WBCCI Unit 24
Airstream Life "Old Aluminum"
Airstream Life
"From the Archives"
47WeeWind is offline   Reply With Quote