Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-15-2017, 10:25 PM   #21
Restoring...

1977 27' Overlander
Ventura , California
Thank you all for the replies; especially to those who were encouraging.

We are looking for one we can make our own. We are up for the challenge and understand it will be an undertaking. We plan to do all of the labor ourselves. It's probably harder and more expensive than we expect but that's all part of the fun for us. We just want a good deal / starting point. Any other success stories out there?!

We will pass on this trailer and have gleaned a lot from the comments so thank you all again.
brzeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 11:10 PM   #22
Rivet Master

1983 34' Excella
1967 24' Tradewind
Little Rock , Arkansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by brzeller View Post

We are looking for one we can make our own. We are up for the challenge and understand it will be an undertaking. We plan to do all of the labor ourselves. It's probably harder and more expensive than we expect but that's all part of the fun for us. We just want a good deal / starting point. Any other success stories out there?!

We will pass on this trailer and have gleaned a lot from the comments so thank you all again.
You've got the right attitude. The right one will come along.

Now you have to keep us informed, though.
Old 09-16-2017, 11:27 AM   #23
3 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
belen , New Mexico
EEK! I see soooo may who dig into this and then bail about 1/2 way and try to recoup the investment. There are many in better shape to give a good cleaning and enjoy right away and then remodel if you insist as you go
alantbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 08:59 AM   #24
Rivet Master

1973 21' Globetrotter
Houston , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by brzeller View Post

The additional advice I would offer is this anecdote: I spent two years running all over the place kicking tires. I was looking at 70's vintage trailers, and they always had some defect I couldn't live with, or sold for more than I thought it was worth. Granted, I did NOT want to do a shell-off, only spruce it up and go camping. Well, I finally found THE trailer. It was 600 miles away, and when I got there and looked at it, I was inclined to ignore the large dent in the front quarter panel, and the squishy spots in the floor. Now I have been working on a complete rebuild of the trailer for several years. If I had bought one of the first trailers I looked at, it wouldn't have been any more work, and I would have been two years ahead on the project. The money you pay up front for the trailer will be forgotten by the time you are through rebuilding it (unless you get completely taken).

good luck!
Belegedhel is offline   Reply With Quote