Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Dollars & Cents > Trailer Values
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-22-2013, 08:54 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2008 25' Safari
Newport , Oregon
Seller seeking answers

I've listed my 25 foot AS on this site's classifieds as a for sale by owner. I initially priced it too high, but tried to match the comp units on Air forums, E bay, craigslist, and RV Trader. I've now lowered my asking price considerably to a bit over NADA average retail because I've been told that NADA is very low and doesn't factor in the AS residual value as it should. the unit is in excellent condition, and has been well-maintained and serviced regularly.

Aside from the assorted scams from who knows where, and offers to sell my unit for the low up front fee of from $99 to $399, I haven't had too many nibbles despite my what I think is very fair price. I owe about what high NADA retail is, and I'm including many extras including a transferrable 7 year warranty, the hitch, and much more.

My wife has recently been diagnosed with Rheumatoid Arthritis, and doesn't feel comfortable camping or traveling far from home any more, which is the primary reason we're selling.

Is there anything i can do to help my sale other than give it away? I'm asking $31,500 for a 2008 Safari 25 with all options except solar. It retail NADA books at between high 28 and low 29 with the options, and I owe 28. Thanks
Steve97365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 09:54 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2005 25' Safari
Salem , Oregon
Hi, I've seen your add and the pictures. Seems to be a fair price. Maybe you were hoping for a quick sale. I think in time it will sale. I've looked at new 25'ers and the price is more than double of what mine listed for. Someone looking for a nice trailer for half the price of a new one, will probably buy yours. Give it more time.
YAMAHA 2400 / AIR #12144
ROBERTSUNRUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 10:04 PM   #3
2 Rivet Member

2008 25' Safari
Newport , Oregon
Thanks, Robert. I guess maybe I was getting antsy. I'm really in no rush and I have mixed feelings about selling. It's a wonderful rig, and the AS people are mostly very nice.
Old 06-23-2013, 09:36 AM   #4
Rivet Monster

1975 31' Sovereign
1980 31' Excella II
Sprung Leak , North Carolina
It is just waiting for the right buyer to come along. IMHO NADA Guide is just that... a guide and many times it is not all that accurate. Some parts of the country are better than others for Airstream Sales, time of the year, etc. I know especially in the vintage units the shorter ones are more desirable.

I think you have a fair price on yours and if I was in the market for a newer one would certainly be interested.

Aaron
WBCCI #XXXX AIR #2495
Why are we in this basket...and where are we going
wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 12:17 PM   #5
Rivet Master

2010 27' FB Classic
N/A , Texas
Steve,
You may want to consider having a local trailer dealer sell it under consignment from their lot. A few years ago a dealer sold mine in about a week for the price I wanted. They made their $500 commission buy selling it for more than I was asking.
They took care of all the haggling, paperwork, taxes etc. I just received a few calls from them regarding offers during the selling process. They also sweetened the deal for the buyer by adding a couple of new batteries to sell it for my asking price.
It basically cost me nothing to have them find the buyer and handle the details.
Win, win.
Bluto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 01:10 PM   #6
2 Rivet Member

2008 25' Safari
Newport , Oregon
Thanks Bluto and Aaron. I'll look into the consignment thing, especially since I purchased it new from them.