Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Dollars & Cents > Trailer Values
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-19-2007, 12:32 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Nevada City , 95959
Pricing Airstreams

What would be the expected price of a 31 foot with the double bed in the back good usable condition but not in primo shape?
lanajane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 12:38 PM   #2
Rivet Master

Look here: Price vs. Condition - Airstream Values

There are to many variables to give an acurate answer sight unseen.

But just for fun I would say $3500 to $6500 , and as much as $3000 higher or lower!
RichardT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 01:12 PM   #3
1 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Nevada City , 95959
Thanks the trailer is priced at $4200 needs a new battery, and everything else works, has recently had the couch redone and a new refrigerator. Good information on the link you sent me I appreciate the input.
Old 04-19-2007, 01:22 PM   #4
Rivet Master

2016 25' Flying Cloud
Sunnyvale , California
Send a message via AIM to Condoluminum
About 60% of price of tow vehicle...

Just wanted to add a few other points, as starting guide is good, but market is national and varies... These apply even if you decide to pass on this opportunity.

Age is factor, and goes in waves, rather than straight line depreciation... Some era's more valuable (late 80's and late 90's) and some less (mid-70's due to frame issues during years Airstream owned by Beatrice..).

Appliances, axles, air conditioning and interior furnishings (upholstery, curtains or blinds, carpet or flooring, mattress and cusions) can easily cost more to replace than purchase price of trailer, so estimate those according to taste...

Longer is not always more expensive.. 30' and longer require rarer tow vehicles, and are more challenging to store and (for some..) manuever. Prices of trailers 24 to 27' long are relatively higher than 30'+... Babbi's and Caravel's and others less than 20' are more expensive (relatively) also.

Because it can be a national market, buyers might be willing to travel over 1500 miles to look or buy, and really good deals often get discovered promptly, so be prepared for possibility of being forced to accelerate decision process if seller does good job of exposing it to wide audience...

In Theory, there's no difference between Theory and Practice, but in Practice, there is usually a difference...
Condoluminum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 01:28 PM   #5
1 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Nevada City , 95959
thanks my feeling is if it feels good inside and doesn't give me the "willys" to look around, it might be a go... I can always resell if needed... we are parking it while we build so the extra length isn't an issues...
Old 11-27-2007, 01:00 PM   #6
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Spring Hill , Florida
Pricing East and West of the Mississippi River

I've been looking at 22' trailers and the people West of the River think their units are about 30% more valuable than those on the East. What's the deal?
zekethebear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 01:44 PM   #7
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
St. Cloud , Minnesota
West of the River? Are we talking the Suwannee??

I do know that the folks at theVAP.com do mention that units discovered in the desert Southwest have better floors than most anywhere else in the country due to the dry conditions.

5 meter Langford Nahanni

CanoeStream is offline   Reply With Quote