Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Dollars & Cents > Trailer Values
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-07-2009, 01:58 PM   #1

Herndon , West Virginia
New 2009 25 Ft Intl SS

My wife and I are traveling to Bates RV in Florida from WV to pick up this airstream. Does anyone have any advice/comments about what we should be looking for? What are questions we should ask before driving off the lot? Has anyone had any trouble with this RV in general? How's the warranty?

Thanks.
rgentry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 05:55 PM   #2
4 Rivet Member

2007 25' Safari FB SE
Dexer , Michigan
Hi,
This is a good thread for inspecting your new Airstream. Congratulations!!

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f138...ist-43294.html
tksbaskets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 06:13 PM   #3
Antiquepedaler

2010 25' FB Flying Cloud
Currently Looking...
Laramie , Wyoming
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgentry View Post
My wife and I are traveling to Bates RV in Florida from WV to pick up this airstream. Does anyone have any advice/comments about what we should be looking for? What are questions we should ask before driving off the lot? Has anyone had any trouble with this RV in general? How's the warranty?

Thanks.
Having bought several, here's what we do. We get a thorough briefing from a tech on every component. We don't drive off the lot for at least an overnighter. That allows us to transfer all our gear to the new trailer and check out everything. The dealer always plugs us into water and electricity outside one of the service bays. We pray for rain and if it comes we check for leaks. Otherwise we hose the trailer down. This really paid off on one trailer as there were several leaks the tech caulked before we left. After the first night staying in the trailer we always have a question on one component or another.

Hope this helps. To us, buying an Airstream, or any other RV, is not like buying a car where you sign the papers and drive off.
Old 06-07-2009, 08:27 PM   #4
2 Rivet Member

2016 27' Flying Cloud
Pittsford , New York
I just picked up my new 25" International FB last week (my 2nd airstream) and will second antique pedaler's comments - definately spend 1 night on the lot to give you time to try everything out. Run the heat, then the ac, make hot water and take a good shower. open/close every cabinet/window/door/awning, turn every light off/on. run the tv/radio/cd player/dvd player, etc. As with any large and complex machine, there are bound to be a few problems and it's pretty easy to get them fixed "on the spot" in the dealer's lot than to drive away and have problems later. With my delivery last week, the kitchen faucet leaked underneath the sink, the vent on the AC unit the blows air downward didn't open/close properly and a few window pulls needed adjustment. The dealer fixed them all the next morning in a very short period of time and I drove the trailer right from the lot to my favorite campground and spent the next several days camping without any problems. Much less stress to know everything worked leaving the lot and made for a pleasant and fun first trip! Enjoy your new Airstream
TG2500 is offline   Reply With Quote