Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-10-2013, 05:52 AM   #61
Rivet Master

1966 24' Tradewind
1995 34' Excella
Lynchburg , Virginia
I agree with dlb435. I would not take the interior wall panels down unless it were necessary. Just to replace the insulation would not be enough reason for me.

Dan
TouringDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 07:30 AM   #62
Rivet Master

1973 31' Sovereign
2007 20' Safari SE
Vintage Kin Owner
Wesley Chapel , Florida
Hi guys.
Can't agree more with the Dan and Protohyp.
It all depends on how much are you willing to work on it. $1300 sounds right if the trailer has a title, if it doesn't then is a little too much, specially here in FL where there is a lot of them W/O title.
How far do you need to tow it from the seller's place to yours?
Also We totally understand that there is a lot of work involved on it, but honestly: Unless you buy an already restored AS for about 10K to 15K you will need to work on it regardless.
Now the good news is that with a gutted trailer you have the chance to make it just how you want it, and specially if you guys are planning to full time.
It will all come to 3 things according to our experience:
1) Do you have the vision of what you want?
2) Do you have the time to invest on it?
3) Is your budget realistic according to your expectations.
You will find plenty of help here, from the right size of drill bits up to other members donating parts that you may need.
This forum is just a great place with amazing people willing to help 24/7, and you will see, post a good question ad 11pm and by 6am the next day you will have few replies.
If we can help on anything just let us know. We are currently working here:
http://www.airforums.com/forums/f417...ion-96039.html
to make our fulltime space.
Please keep us posted
Regards
2 chronicles 7:14
VeggieBullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 07:36 AM   #63
Rivet Master

1973 31' Sovereign
2007 20' Safari SE
Vintage Kin Owner
Wesley Chapel , Florida
oops....
we didn't know that the thread was already 5 pages....
Congrats! you get any better for that price and delivered!
As you can see this is a great place and everyone is willing to share their knowledge.
keep up the good work!
Regards
2 chronicles 7:14
VeggieBullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 04:05 PM   #64
2 Rivet Member

debary , Florida
Well the guy sold it from under us...didnt even tell us...so no more Airstream. But we see it as Gods way of providing something better. Thanks everyone for your time...feel like I wasted it now.
jerr1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 04:54 PM   #65
Rivet Master

1971 25' Tradewind
Menlo Park , California
No advice is ever wasted. This was a great toe in the water opportunity - real enough to ask questions and ponder the answers, without committing you to something that might not have been the best for you anyway. Keep looking and keep asking and Welcome to the forum!
Old 01-10-2013, 07:17 PM   #66
3 Rivet Member

1977 31' Excella 500
Los angeles , California
Send a message via AIM to Protohyp
That's a bummer. In all honesty you could've probably found a somewhat more intact trailer for that price but it would take just more searching. I think it worked out better. Sounds like the guy was exactly as I suspected and if that AC would've fallen out he wouldn't have dropped the price if it did any damage. You can still go with your plan to save up the 7000.00 and still get a later model that is really ready to be lived in. Hope you don't sway and still have hopes of streamin!
Protohyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 07:57 PM   #67
3 Rivet Member

1972 31' Excella 500
Mount Vernon , Is For Lovers
Thumbs up Jump on it!

As long as you are willing to earn sweat equity I think you will be OK at that price.I just bought a '72 Excella 500 with a worn-out interior,almost no cushions,no mattresses or drapes,water heater,non-working fridge,two flats,ripped canopy,rotten bath floor and I paid considerably more!
Sylver Slypr is offline   Reply With Quote