Old 01-07-2015, 03:34 PM   #1

Currently Looking...
Baton Rouge , Louisiana
NEEDED ASAP: Volunteer in Sandpoint, Idaho (or nearby) to Inspect a 1977 Airstream So

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByAirstream Forums1420666446.339345.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	94.8 KB
ID:	229959

Old 01-07-2015, 03:35 PM   #2

Currently Looking...
Baton Rouge , Louisiana
Hi,

I am new to Airforums.com, and am a serious, potential buyer of a 1977 Airstream Sovereign travel trailer that is located in Sandpoint, Idaho. Since flying cross-country from Louisiana to Idaho isn't any option for me anytime soon, I need a volunteer (or service provider) to go to the seller's property and do an assessment of the trailer for me. Specifically, I am looking for a detail oriented individual who is either a highly knowledgeable travel trailer guru or a reputable RV tech/inspector to conduct a "white glove" inspection on the trailer, and during the process, record the results on a printed inspection form, and provide clear photo documentation of any, and all cosmetic flaws, as well as, any findings that are, or could be issues of concern.

I have my heart set on purchasing this trailer, and even have some Uship providers on standby to transport it down to Louisiana. But before I proceed any further, I need it inspected to be confident in my decision to seal the deal & buy it sight unseen (or not). If you, or someone that you know of, is qualified and available to do the inspection for me today or within the next few days, please call me, Lindsay Thompson ASAP. I would like the inspection to be done ASAP because there is another person interested in buying it as well, and I'd be really bummed if someone beats me to it.

Lindsay: 225.324.8189

Thanks!

Old 01-07-2015, 03:38 PM   #3

Currently Looking...
Baton Rouge , Louisiana
I've already sent private messages to 3 members who live near Sandpoint that have listed themselves on the Inspectors section of this site.
Old 01-08-2015, 06:04 AM   #4

Currently Looking...
Baton Rouge , Louisiana
Never mind. The person that went to look at it yesterday (1/7/15) bought it 😭
Old 01-08-2015, 06:15 AM   #5
Rivet Master

1977 31' Sovereign
1963 26' Overlander
1989 34' Excella
Johnsburg , Illinois
There is a good supply of used Airstreams still available. Get acquainted with the local club and dealers, as they can provide you local leads and the education necessary to personally inspect potential purchases. Frequently there are club members who are ageing out of camping and touring.