Old 10-24-2015, 02:45 PM   #29
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari
Fort Myers , Florida
It is interesting the way Airstreams are perceived on the used market. It is true that there aren't that many used ones but when there is one, it usually fetches a good price. There was an older large one at Campingworld a year or so ago and they were asking $40K which I thought was high. I do not remember exactly but I believe it was an 80s era model. The condition was used but overall nice looking.

2015 Ford F-150 3.5 Ecobeast 3.55 Lariat
rodsterinfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 05:20 PM   #30
2 Rivet Member
2011 22' Sport
Fredericksburg , Texas
About four months ago we began looking at Airstreams in Texas. Our research showed that market prices were far above NADA prices. My first thought was that age of the trailer was going to be a big factor in pricing. I soon discovered that 16 footers up to 30 footers could demand what I thought was higher than normal pricing, especially if they were in excellent condition or refurbished regardless of age. Is was apparent that our budget was going to have to be $30K plus for something that was totally remodeled or somewhat new (5 years or older). Finding a trailer in the range of 16ft to 25ft seemed nearly impossible as well (new or used). We decided on a 22ft Sport after seeing one at a dealership outside of Houston. They refused to negotiate and was willing to let us walk away, as we did. I called back in a few days and it had been sold. Dealer said it would be months before a smaller unit would be delivered. Two other dealers I checked did not have the smaller units in stock as well. There were many Airstreams listed on line for $10K to $20K which we spent time looking at only to discover they needed remodeling, new skin, new axles.....etc. Perhaps Texas is a stronger resale market than in other states. The demand for Airstreams in high and the prices reflect the demand.

TexasVine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 09:58 AM   #31
Full Time Adventurer
2007 27' International CCD FB
Nomadic , USA
Originally Posted by rodsterinfl View Post
It is interesting the way Airstreams are perceived on the used market. It is true that there aren't that many used ones but when there is one, it usually fetches a good price.
Caveat; there aren't many used ones in usable condition. And when they are move in ready, they fetch a decent price. Plenty of trashed ones on the market for under $10K. Just cruise old Craigslist.
Family of 4 living, working & exploring the USA in our Airstream.
BoldAdventure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 10:14 AM   #32
Rivet Master
1955 22' Flying Cloud
1964 17' Bambi II
Clear Lake Shores , Texas
I have had a similar experience. Bought mine out West (NM and AZ). As found Bambi II was cheap but needed total renovation. Nearly usable FC was quite a bit more $$ and still needed quite a bit of updating. The good news is you can recoup your costs when re-selling.
BambiTex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 08:24 PM   #33
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari
Fort Myers , Florida
The other concern is, of course, making sure I am compensated properly if there is damage. At least I'm an easy day drive from JC
Well there are never any guarantees on compensation; however, the agreed policy is great in that it never depreciates the value. That is a huge difference to me.
2015 Ford F-150 3.5 Ecobeast 3.55 Lariat
rodsterinfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 10:28 AM   #34
Happy Wonderer

1997 25' Safari
Box Elder , South Dakota
We insure our 1997 25' Safari for $20,000 because it would be almost impossible to replace it at the value assessed by NADA. Though we actually did get it for that low retail price and it had only been on the road a dozen times or less for 500 miles or less each trip... and if we ever did, we wouldn't sell it for less than $15,000 anyway.
: )

1997 Airstream

Safari Series M-25

Suggested List Price
Retail Average Low
Base Price $27,861 $3,900 $4,680
Options: (change)
110 Volt - 10,000 BTU (Roof Mount) $80 $95
Flushing Toilet/Holding Tank $85 $100
Gas/Elec. 6 cu. ft. $185 $225
Gas Grill Cook Top $230 $275
Water Heater 6 Gallon Gas/Elec w/DSI $70 $85
TV Antenna w/Booster $20 $25
Awning 20' - 22' (Each) $190 $230
LPG Gas/Smoke Detector $25 $30

TOTAL PRICE: $27,861 $4,785 $5,745
“Freethinkers are those who are willing to use their minds without prejudice and without fearing to understand things that clash with their own customs, privileges, or beliefs. This state of mind is not common, but it is essential for right thinking...”
― Leo Tolstoy
B_Pi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2015, 09:21 AM   #35
Orange Park , Florida
I have made the decision to purchase an Airstream so I am in the beginning research stage. I really want to buy used but there are not many AS available in my area. So my question is if an AS that I am interested in becomes available in another state do you pay for someone to inspect it or do you go to the location and look at it yourself?
fletcher1212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2015, 05:54 PM   #36
2010 27' FB Flying Cloud
Sparks , Nevada
Bought mine sight unseen (except for pictures) in Florida. We live in Nevada! Made a nice road trip and the unit was as nice as the described. Your results may vary...

2015 F350 CC 4X4 6.7 Diesel
2010 27FB Silver Cloud "The Silver Spoon"
sheriff1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2015, 10:06 AM   #37
1 Rivet Member
Raleigh , North Carolina
I am finding the same issues in NC. I am not using the NADA value (I think these only go back 20 years), but the values found at (lots of good info there). Every trailer I have contacted the seller about is insistent on 2x the listed value (as-found condition, needs full restoration). I am not sure if the market has changed that much, or if recent fads have justified the increased asking price. But I am having a hard time paying $5k for an AS that needs new floors, missing windows, and who knows what else.
JEdge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2016, 03:03 PM   #38
2 Rivet Member
Currently Looking...
Wheatley , Ontario
well, glad I stumbled upon this forum, was really wondering about the NADA values compared to the much higher asking prices...
lovetokite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 07:58 AM   #39
1 Rivet Member
Jacksonville , Florida
Olded post, but the first that pops up when searching. I just wanted to add.
If you 1. go to ebay
2. scroll down the left side of refinements
3. Click Show Only -Sold listings

From this you can get a concept of the prices they are going for. There are some other considerations with each of course (shipping, condition, quality of the posting information to begin with) but it is a ballpark. This works pretty well for other products too.
I'm in the market too so consider me competition!
Usnroberts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 12:29 PM   #40
2 Rivet Member
2012 25' FB Flying Cloud
Parker , Colorado

Last year I searched for over 9 months, anywhere west of the Mississippi, for a 5 year old or less 25ft. Only found 3 I was interested in. First 2 I tried to negotiate down on the price and told them I could come see it in a couple of weeks. Both sold at full asking price in a few days.

Went after the 3rd one hard. I refused to buy one sight unseen, the seller agreed to split the cost of airline ticket. Got preapproved on an 80% loan at my credit union before going. It was in great shape but had no inverter and one section of curtains needed replacing, so he came down $1k and I closed the deal on the spot.

Be ready to jump. I'm so glad I did.

2012 25FB with solar
2012 Toyota Tundra 5.7L V8
mfrez is offline   Reply With Quote