2 Rivet Member

2014 23' International
Marietta , Georgia
Also good to know, Alan! Thank you!

Old 11-23-2012, 03:02 PM   #16
Rivet Master

1988 32' Excella
Robbinsville , New Jersey
A friend of mine that use to work at a dealer said to double to triple (triple is if the trailer is just what you want or a starting asking price to start negotiating from) the NADA price for an idea of what an Airstream is worth, then adjust based on condition.

Old 11-25-2012, 12:09 PM   #17
2 Rivet Member

2014 23' International
Marietta , Georgia
Thank you!
Old 12-30-2012, 11:43 AM   #18
65th Anniversary CLIPPER

1996 36' Clipper Bus
Tub City , British Columbia
Nada

This site has some information that might clarify NADA. Use the left information column for more choices.

Bluebook Values - Kelly Bluebook & NADA Bluebook: RV, Auto, Motorcycle, ATV, Boat, Trailer RV Values

Dave
Old 12-30-2012, 12:07 PM   #19
4 Rivet Member

2008 16' Safari
Destrehan , Louisiana
When our 72 Safari was totaled from a break in the insurance only offered $1200 to settle. When I chalanged this they wanted comperable values. I sighted several similar AS that sold for much more than $1200. They offered $7200 and I accepted.
Old 12-31-2012, 10:08 AM   #20
2 Rivet Member

2014 23' International
Marietta , Georgia
Thank you very much!
Old 03-03-2013, 01:42 PM   #21
Paul

1972 31' Sovereign
Bald Knob , Arkansas
Dan (ddruker), I also have USAA insurance (love it). They have been covering my 1972 Sovereign since Mar 1, 2012. The year prior to that, I had a 16' Casita, which they covered.
Old 08-02-2015, 10:13 AM   #22
2 Rivet Member

2016 16' Sport
Eau Claire , Wisconsin
What year did the Bambi Sport change the entry door to the Bathroom? Can't find it anywhere... Thanks
Old 08-02-2015, 11:31 AM   #23
Rivet Master

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Grand Junction , Colorado
I doubt you will get that answer on this thread Joe. Click on the Forums tab at the top of the page and find Bambis or Sport trailers and see what you can find there.

Gene
Old 08-02-2015, 11:53 AM   #24
4 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
z , North Carolina
Nada

As I am camping right now, I'll keep it simple. In my almost ten month search for the AS Kay and I wanted, we threw the NADA "values" out the window. They just don't equate to the real market for a PO AS. We knew the specific model we wanted, and we watched what similar rigs were selling for. We did a ton of research, and it payed off for us in the long run. Eloise was on the AS classifieds for 32 min when we reached an agreeement. Wonderful PO too! Do your research and diligently follow what comes onto the market. Call the seller and ask what it sold for. Homework pays dividends.
As for insurance, it's just like a boat. Get an "agreed hull" price. Sounds like Gene had a bad experience cuz he sounds pretty grumpy. Progressive is great to work with. Getting the veteran discount makes it even better. My agreed value price is 2 grand more than what I payed for Eloise. Used AS's dont stay on the market long when priced correctly. Some peoples asking prices are unreal. They'll learn soon enough that their TT is gonna sit until its priced correctly. Do your homework, choose the model you want, and have alot of patience. Get your ducks in a row financially so you can pounce on the deal like we did. There was no way in hell we were gonna miss this gal. Eloise has been one of the best investments we ever made. NADA meant little to nothing to us.
Happy camping!
Gavin
Old 08-02-2015, 01:03 PM   #25
Rivet Master

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Grand Junction , Colorado
Who's grumpy? Well, back in 2012 my back hurt a lot and Progressive treated us badly, so we switched to Good Sam (actually National General, previously called GMAC). When the trailer is "stored" (can be at home) the rates are reduced substantially to just coverage for theft, fire, etc. That saves us about $300/year. Progressive wanted to increase our rates substantially because we didn't have enough credit cards (they were wrong about it, but didn't care) and didn't owe any money.

NADA only checks the retail commercial market—i.e, dealers. Private sales are usually less than dealer prices for cars and trucks, so I assume the same is true of trailers. Private sales usually are between dealer wholesale (what they paid for it) and dealer retail for cars and trucks. For cars and trucks, I also look at Edmunds and Kelly's Blue Book for retail and private sales plus look at local classifieds to see what people are asking for a private sale. Check the Forum classifieds for Airstream prices. If you live in a wealthy market, prices are always higher, less so in rural and other less wealthy markets.

Most private sellers believe their vehicle is worth more than it is, or if they understand how individuals think their vehicles are worth more than they are, they may price high to test the market. Since a good use Airstream can be hard to find, you have to check every day.

Gene
Old 08-02-2015, 01:19 PM   #26
Rivet Master

2016 30' Classic
Erie , Colorado
NADA uses the same formula for depreciation on ALL trailers. Using NADA is worthless for Airstreams. While that is the guide for a financing company they can still be swayed on a used trailer. Do your research on the Classifieds using the same of close to the same trailer. Use RVTrader, etc. If it is for insurance do the same and get a reputable dealer to do an insurance estimate especially if it is a vintage trailer. Uphill battle but can be done.
ProPride
NØVPN
ghaynes755 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2016, 08:17 PM   #27
AirstreamBCC

2006 25' Safari
black canyon city , Arizona
Shocked at NADA for my 2006 Safari 75 Anniversary model

Hi all,

I am going to be selling my 2006 Airstream Safari 75th anniversary edition. Reading your comments after looking up the NADA and almost passing out at the low and the high stated value. I could use some advice as to what to what price to ask. I looked up some for sale online and were about 3x asking price or sold price of NADA. Anyway to get a good idea of what to start with?

Your input would be much appreciated!

Shelley S.
Old 04-16-2016, 09:08 PM   #28
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Sioux Falls , South Dakota
NADA numbers are a reasonable guide for mass-produced vehicles, but not so much for more limited production runs. Newell is a very high-end MH company that has been around for 50 years or so. They just built coach #1560. That's right, 1,560 coaches in 50 years. NADA doesn't even list them.

Also, NADA stands for National Automobile Dealers Association (emphasis added). They really aren't all that interested in other types of vehicles. And, as was mentioned above, they report only on what dealers value their offerings. Same thing is true of KBB.

NADA is a good guide, but that's about all. Check http://www.pplmotorhomes.com/ for more realistic prices. They may be on the low side, but they move the coaches fairly quickly. It is rare for a coach to be listed for a month - two weeks is much more common.

There is a coach near us that is one we would seriously consider, but it is priced pretty high. One a couple of years newer (but farther away) is $6500 less. PPL sold two like what we're interested in for $13-14,000 less than the one near us. Should we get our Foretravel sold before the one near us is sold, we'll take this information along as we make an offer. We'll also take the NADA number. Many sellers don't really know what their coaches are worth, and think that Airstreams never depreciate. Then they wonder why they can't sell their coaches, while others get them sold fairly quickly.

Whether you are a buyer or a seller, please, do your homework. Look up your coach on rvtrader, PPL, and other sites. Check NADA, but use it as a floor. Asking prices are just that: the price that is asked. Buyers, make a fair offer and see what happens. Sellers, price your coaches fairly and you will sell them. The best deals are those where each side feels they got the better end of the deal.

Heartland mpg 181 (sold)
1993 Foretravel U300 (for sale)
kb0zke is offline   Reply With Quote