Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Dollars & Cents > Trailer Values
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-04-2007, 05:34 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Pensacola , Florida
latest prices

rumor has it AS has had a price increase...anyone have the latest???
JD Dawson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 06:23 PM   #2
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
I haven't heard it, but it wouldn't shock me....I think there has been one each year since I got into Airstreaming back in late 2002. Typically the production of the next model year starts the new prices. The '08s would most likely start production in late May timeframe...give or take a few weeks either direction.
Silvertwinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 06:48 PM   #3
Rivet Master

1976 31' Sovereign
Currently Looking...
Chandler , Oklahoma
Well, I don't know about the WHOLE trailer price increase; however, I wanted to order a wall mount bracket for my 20" LCD and they are now $345.00 ++ shipping. What could those things be made of???? I bought a $79.00 one (which I thought was too much to pay) and I am having trouble with the "tilt" part of it. It doesn't hold the TV up, it always tilts down. Anyone have a bracket that doesn't have the tilt feature. I would like to know which one to get to replace this thing I have.
juel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 07:31 PM   #4
INSANITY CENTRAL

1986 32' Excella
Airstream Funeral Coach
Citrus Heights , California
juel there's a company called 80-20 that supplies industrial linear motion slides and things like that. I've used some of their products in the past. Their catalog is extensive. google them I think they are in the middle of the country.I'm just getting ready to make a fixture to drop my 26" lcd down behind the dinette forward seat. good luck P.S. your pics are very peaceful.

www.popasmoke.com

Proud Appellation American

Vine View Heights is now closed.

YETI ( 65 Quart )

IGLOO (Ice Cube, 50 Quart )
doorgunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 09:50 PM   #5
Rivet Master

2005 28' Safari S/O
Paradise , California
My dealer told my you can count on 5% per year.
Old 01-04-2007, 11:40 PM   #6

2015 25' FB Flying Cloud
2012 23' FB Flying Cloud
2005 25' Safari
Santa Rosa Beach , Florida
You put a few options on a 34 footer, and you are well into a six figure MSRP. That's a bunch for a travel trailer. I love Airstreams and would not consider having anything else, but the price does scare a lot of people.
WBCCI #3628 -- AIR #14872 -- TAC #FL-7
2015 FC 25' FB (Lucy) with ProPride
2020 Silverado 2500 (Vivian)
2023 Rivian R1T (Opal)
moosetags is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 10:58 AM   #7
4 Rivet Member

2007 25' International CCD
Arlington , Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by moosetags
You put a few options on a 34 footer, and you are well into a six figure MSRP. That's a bunch for a travel trailer. I love Airstreams and would not consider having anything else, but the price does scare a lot of people.
I guess that's what makes the "Used Airstream" market so viable.
Streamer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 12:20 PM   #8
Sky
Classic 30

Sum Wear , Ohio
yes, $60,000 will buy alot of airline tickets, rental cars, and lodging. Sometimes I think I am nuts even entertaining the idea of purchassing a late model airstream . Wish I could put my finger on exactly what is so appealing about streaming.
Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 01:34 PM   #9

2015 25' FB Flying Cloud
2012 23' FB Flying Cloud
2005 25' Safari
Santa Rosa Beach , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky
yes, $60,000 will buy alot of airline tickets, rental cars, and lodging. Sometimes I think I am nuts even entertaining the idea of purchassing a late model airstream . Wish I could put my finger on exactly what is so appealing about streaming.
You may be of unsound mind. We are also. We've had our '05 25' Safari for about 9 months now and have spent 82 nights in it. We absolutely love it to the point that it suprises us. What drew us to the Airstream was the classic shape and iconic status. What makes an Airstream so appealing is that it is an Airstream. Reason does not apply. If you can afford it, just do it.
WBCCI #3628 -- AIR #14872 -- TAC #FL-7
2015 FC 25' FB (Lucy) with ProPride
2020 Silverado 2500 (Vivian)
2023 Rivian R1T (Opal)
moosetags is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 02:07 PM   #10
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
Huntington Beach , California
Increase?

Based on a recent review of available Airstreams at Colonial RV, it appears the 2007 model year currently on the lot are approximately 8% to 10% more than a similar 2006 model. Just an observation.
TIMEMACHINE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 03:42 PM   #11
2 Rivet Member

2007 27' Classic FB
Beaver Creek , Colorado
We have been interested in the Classic model for some time and noticed a significant increase in pricing of the '06 and '07 models in the Classic line. The reason, according to the dealer we spoke to, is Airstream is consolidating options that were available in the '05 to be included as standard features in the newer models. As an example, in '05 the standard features of the Classic were corion cabinet surfaces, oak cabinets, vinyl ceiling and walls, etc. and various other items I can't recall. If you chose the Limited Upgrade Package for $7,841, Burganndy exterior graphic/awning, gold accednt raised lettering on the exterior, hickory wood interior, electric stabilizer jacks, flag storage, acrylic entrance door handle, hardwood tabaletops and credenza top, jackets and caps would be included. A pretty pricey option!
Then, in 2006, a number (but not all) of the above items in the Limited Upgrade Package were offered as standard features (such as the hickory wood interior. These additional features increased the base price a hefty amount.
2007 Classics have included even more of the previously optional items as new standard features. Standard features now include awnigs on 3 sides, oil rubbed bronze bath accessories, ultra leathr lounge and dinette, 10 cu.ft. refrigerator, galley and bath skylights, flag storage box, and other features I failed to mention.
All the above items were included in orders after 11/06 and boosted the base price by about 4+%. It appears Airstream may be continuing to incorporate more of the items offered as optional features in previous years to standard items in future year models.
All the above according to dealerspeak...IF that is true, then why is Airsteam doing this? Any thoughts out there?
WhiteyFord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 06:50 PM   #12
Craftsman

A lot of the options that you mentioned were not standard on the 07.Classics when I placed my order and took delivery on 10/12/06. These items were still optional extras: Leather couch, skylights,flag storage box,awnings on back window and street side, larger propane tanks, wireless outside radio, solar, generator prep,15000 btu ac These and maybe other options that I've forgotten were listed were priced separately.
Old 01-28-2007, 08:06 AM   #13
2 Rivet Member

2007 27' Classic FB
Beaver Creek , Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craftsman
A lot of the options that you mentioned were not standard on the 07.Classics when I placed my order and took delivery on 10/12/06. These items were still optional extras: Leather couch, skylights,flag storage box,awnings on back window and street side, larger propane tanks, wireless outside radio, solar, generator prep,15000 btu ac These and maybe other options that I've forgotten were listed were priced separately.
The dealer said many of the options you referred to above are now standard with orders after 11/06 which included a 4+% increase. I'm calling the factory next week to verify
Old 01-28-2007, 08:21 AM   #14
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by moosetags
Not to mention that in 5 years, that 6 figure total could be worth more than half....... unless you are a fulltimer, have money to burn, looking at preowned unit or gettng a smaller unit and investing the remainder is a better bet at the dollar we're talkin' about.

Dealers will say, yea, an Airstream is a great investment...years later it'll be worth more than the other brands.......but if you do the math, they loose as much value in the first 5 years as adjusting for the economies of scale of the SOBs. An Airstream is not a house, and will depreciate rapidly the first 5 years, not to mention wear and tear on a moving house on wheels.
Old 01-28-2007, 08:43 AM   #15
Sky
Classic 30

Sum Wear , Ohio
Wonder what actual cost is

Wonder what the actual cost is to build, say a 25 foot classic?? Anyone have any idea?
Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 09:07 AM   #16
Craftsman

If you go to Colonial Airstream " Of New Jersey " 1121 Rt. 88 Lakewood, NJ 08701 Airstreams #1 Volume Dealership website and look at the different lenght new Classiscs that they have listed you'll see that most of the items I mentioned are listed as options. Some items like the Bronze finished fixtures and Corian countertops are standard. The options can still drive the price of the Classic Limiteds way up.
Old 01-28-2007, 09:50 AM   #17
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky
Wonder what the actual cost is to build, say a 25 foot classic?? Anyone have any idea?
Well, if you can get about 19% or more off list, and the dealers are still making a good buck, that would tell me that it does cost to build 'em, but there is a good profit being made both at the manufac level and the retail/sales level.

I'd guess $20-30k (approx) depending on model/size, etc, taking into account labor, materials, benefits of workers, etc.
Old 01-28-2007, 10:04 AM   #18
2 Rivet Member

2007 27' Classic FB
Beaver Creek , Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craftsman
If you go to Colonial Airstream " Of New Jersey " 1121 Rt. 88 Lakewood, NJ 08701 Airstreams #1 Volume Dealership website and look at the different lenght new Classiscs that they have listed you'll see that most of the items I mentioned are listed as options. Some items like the Bronze finished fixtures and Corian countertops are standard. The options can still drive the price of the Classic Limiteds way up.
Yes, the Colonial website does show the differentiations of the 2007 Classic's introduction and midyear (11/06) optional to standard feature updates.
I think I'll still call the factory on Monday...
2007 Classic Features

New Classic Features for 2007
New Standard Features
  • The New-Look 2007 Classic Limited Range Supersedes Both the 2006 Classic and the 2006 Classic Limited Upgrade Package
  • Natural Hickory Hardwood Cabinetry
  • Solid Wood Tops with Resistovar Surfaces in Lounge and Dinette
  • Oil Rubbed Bronze Finish for all Fixtures, Fittings and Hardware
  • Delta Faucets and Shower Hardware, Including Seperate Filtered Faucet in Galley
  • Country Style Sink (Double Bowl)
  • Sandstone Corian Countertops
  • Premium Carpet by Fabrica
  • Lagun Natural Maple Flooring Design by Congoleum in "Legacy Plus" Ragne with Enhanced Soil and Stain Repellant Properties
  • Updated Sofa Design by Villa
  • Overhead Directional Reading Lights in Bedroom
  • AIRSTREAM Zip Dee Awning and Folding Chairs in Pacific Blue with Striping
  • Exterior Graphics in Blue and Silver
  • New Aluminum 5 Spoke Wheels

New Optional Features
  • Flag Storage Box
  • AIRSTREAM Zip Dee Wide Body Folding Chairs in Pacific Blue with Colored Striping (units 30' and up)
  • 40 Lb. Aluminum LP Bottles (pair)
  • Limited, Acrylic Entrance Handle
  • Airstream Jackets and Hats
  • Ultraleather Sofa Option by Villa has an Updated Design and New Color Tone with Textured Surfaces
Mid Year Updates
  • 25FB Floor Plan "NEW", Optional Galley Overhead Microwave
  • New Decor - Praline, Phase out Chiffon & Crystal Creek
  • Power Tv Anteann, Option
  • 50 AMP Service W/2nd Air Conditioner, Option 30' - 34'
  • Slide-Out Storage @ Rear Trunk Door, Option on W Bedroom
  • Microwave @ Pantry Pullout Location, Option 27FB
  • Apparel- Jackets and Caps, Deleted Option
  • Skylight Galley with Shade, Standard was optional
  • Skylight Bath with Sahde, Standard was optional
  • Window Awnings 25' - 28', Standard was Optional
  • Spare Tire, Standard was Optional
  • Convection Microwave W/3-Burner Cooktop, Combine into one Option (was two)
  • Flag Storage Box, Deleted Option
  • Recliner - Phase 3 and Avant W/Ottoman, Deleted Option
  • XM Satellite Radio, Option (In Addition to SIRIUS Satellite Radio)
Old 01-28-2007, 11:53 AM   #19
_

. , .
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitfoxdriver
I'm calling the factory next week to verify
hi kitfoxdriver...

getting ready to order?

how exciting that is!

instead of calling, i suggest email 2 customer service/support...

you will get a much better/precise/complete answer via email...

and quickly too.

IF you are planning to order, the service rep can email/fax you a "spec sheet"

for a given model or size.

this will llst ALL of the standard features and a detailed option list...

with msrp and weights for each item...

however since the price increase was so recent, it may not be reflected in the printed documents...

a/s is pretty slow to update these things...

when i ordered in jan/feb of '05 the list was from 04 and didn't show the significant price bump yet...

i've got several of them for the early 2005 model year...

and i posted a link to some of them here as pdf files...

http://www.airforums.com/forum...0&d=1161203624

in this thread...

http://www.airforums.com/forum...res-27055.html

cheers
2air'

IF you recieve the order sheet via email perhaps you could post it here for others who may want or need the info this year!

we are here on earth to fart around. don't let anybody tell you any different. k.v.
2airishuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 02:15 PM   #20
2 Rivet Member

2007 27' Classic FB
Beaver Creek , Colorado
2Air, yes we are very close to our order. We know for certain it will be a 27' FB. Still in the final stages of selecting the options. We definately want to know what was optional and now is standard. The dealer has already gone over the "particulars" but want to verify, verify, verify. Don't want any surprises when significant $'s are being spent. Indeed the excitment is building. We are so ready to be "streamin" like our "brethren"!
Your suggestion is noted and is a good one. When the answer comes, I will share it as you suggested.

Neil B.