Old 01-28-2007, 09:43 AM   #15
Sky
Classic 30

Sum Wear , Ohio
Wonder what actual cost is

Wonder what the actual cost is to build, say a 25 foot classic?? Anyone have any idea?

Old 01-28-2007, 10:07 AM   #16
Craftsman

If you go to Colonial Airstream " Of New Jersey " 1121 Rt. 88 Lakewood, NJ 08701 Airstreams #1 Volume Dealership website and look at the different lenght new Classiscs that they have listed you'll see that most of the items I mentioned are listed as options. Some items like the Bronze finished fixtures and Corian countertops are standard. The options can still drive the price of the Classic Limiteds way up.
Old 01-28-2007, 10:50 AM   #17
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky
Wonder what the actual cost is to build, say a 25 foot classic?? Anyone have any idea?
Well, if you can get about 19% or more off list, and the dealers are still making a good buck, that would tell me that it does cost to build 'em, but there is a good profit being made both at the manufac level and the retail/sales level.

I'd guess $20-30k (approx) depending on model/size, etc, taking into account labor, materials, benefits of workers, etc.
Computers manufactured by companies such as IBM, Compaq and millions of others are by far the most popular with about 70 million machines in use worldwide. Macintosh fans note that cockroaches are far more numerous than humans and that numbers alone do not denote a higher life form. -NY Times 11/91
Silvertwinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 11:04 AM   #18
2 Rivet Member

2007 27' Classic FB
Beaver Creek , Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craftsman
If you go to Colonial Airstream " Of New Jersey " 1121 Rt. 88 Lakewood, NJ 08701 Airstreams #1 Volume Dealership website and look at the different lenght new Classiscs that they have listed you'll see that most of the items I mentioned are listed as options. Some items like the Bronze finished fixtures and Corian countertops are standard. The options can still drive the price of the Classic Limiteds way up.
Yes, the Colonial website does show the differentiations of the 2007 Classic's introduction and midyear (11/06) optional to standard feature updates.
I think I'll still call the factory on Monday...
2007 Classic Features

New Classic Features for 2007
New Standard Features
  • The New-Look 2007 Classic Limited Range Supersedes Both the 2006 Classic and the 2006 Classic Limited Upgrade Package
  • Natural Hickory Hardwood Cabinetry
  • Solid Wood Tops with Resistovar Surfaces in Lounge and Dinette
  • Oil Rubbed Bronze Finish for all Fixtures, Fittings and Hardware
  • Delta Faucets and Shower Hardware, Including Seperate Filtered Faucet in Galley
  • Country Style Sink (Double Bowl)
  • Sandstone Corian Countertops
  • Premium Carpet by Fabrica
  • Lagun Natural Maple Flooring Design by Congoleum in "Legacy Plus" Ragne with Enhanced Soil and Stain Repellant Properties
  • Updated Sofa Design by Villa
  • Overhead Directional Reading Lights in Bedroom
  • AIRSTREAM Zip Dee Awning and Folding Chairs in Pacific Blue with Striping
  • Exterior Graphics in Blue and Silver
  • New Aluminum 5 Spoke Wheels

New Optional Features
  • Flag Storage Box
  • AIRSTREAM Zip Dee Wide Body Folding Chairs in Pacific Blue with Colored Striping (units 30' and up)
  • 40 Lb. Aluminum LP Bottles (pair)
  • Limited, Acrylic Entrance Handle
  • Airstream Jackets and Hats
  • Ultraleather Sofa Option by Villa has an Updated Design and New Color Tone with Textured Surfaces
Mid Year Updates
  • 25FB Floor Plan "NEW", Optional Galley Overhead Microwave
  • New Decor - Praline, Phase out Chiffon & Crystal Creek
  • Power Tv Anteann, Option
  • 50 AMP Service W/2nd Air Conditioner, Option 30' - 34'
  • Slide-Out Storage @ Rear Trunk Door, Option on W Bedroom
  • Microwave @ Pantry Pullout Location, Option 27FB
  • Apparel- Jackets and Caps, Deleted Option
  • Skylight Galley with Shade, Standard was optional
  • Skylight Bath with Sahde, Standard was optional
  • Window Awnings 25' - 28', Standard was Optional
  • Spare Tire, Standard was Optional
  • Convection Microwave W/3-Burner Cooktop, Combine into one Option (was two)
  • Flag Storage Box, Deleted Option
  • Recliner - Phase 3 and Avant W/Ottoman, Deleted Option
  • XM Satellite Radio, Option (In Addition to SIRIUS Satellite Radio)
Old 01-28-2007, 12:53 PM   #19
_

. , .
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitfoxdriver
I'm calling the factory next week to verify
hi kitfoxdriver...

getting ready to order?

how exciting that is!

instead of calling, i suggest email 2 customer service/support...

you will get a much better/precise/complete answer via email...

and quickly too.

IF you are planning to order, the service rep can email/fax you a "spec sheet"

for a given model or size.

this will llst ALL of the standard features and a detailed option list...

with msrp and weights for each item...

however since the price increase was so recent, it may not be reflected in the printed documents...

a/s is pretty slow to update these things...

when i ordered in jan/feb of '05 the list was from 04 and didn't show the significant price bump yet...

i've got several of them for the early 2005 model year...

and i posted a link to some of them here as pdf files...

http://www.airforums.com/forum...0&d=1161203624

in this thread...

http://www.airforums.com/forum...res-27055.html

cheers
2air'

IF you recieve the order sheet via email perhaps you could post it here for others who may want or need the info this year!

we are here on earth to fart around. don't let anybody tell you any different. k.v.
2airishuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 03:15 PM   #20
2 Rivet Member

2007 27' Classic FB
Beaver Creek , Colorado
2Air, yes we are very close to our order. We know for certain it will be a 27' FB. Still in the final stages of selecting the options. We definately want to know what was optional and now is standard. The dealer has already gone over the "particulars" but want to verify, verify, verify. Don't want any surprises when significant $'s are being spent. Indeed the excitment is building. We are so ready to be "streamin" like our "brethren"!
Your suggestion is noted and is a good one. When the answer comes, I will share it as you suggested.

Neil B.
Old 01-28-2007, 06:09 PM   #21
4 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Two Harbors , Minnesota
Classic Pricing

A dealer in Colorado recently...within the last month...had 2-3 2006 and one 2007 Classic on e-bay. In the narrative he had a sell it now price with just over a 25% discount...and stated that the "reserve" price was even lower than that. I spoke with the dealer and he said he was not going to stock ANY Classics due to the high list price...he is just going to concentrate on Safaris and Internationals. You could find the units and dealer info by going to e-bay...Airstream for sale and looking at "sold/expired" listings.

BTW...none of the listed units drew any serious bids...he may have sold through his telephone contact #.

IMHO the Classics (and other new ASs) are getting pretty pricey. I guess thatr holds up the used prices for those who already own an AS...likely purchased at a much lower MSRP.

FWIW...Tom R in Two Harbors, Minnesota...brrrrrr!
Old 01-28-2007, 06:43 PM   #22
Craftsman

Neil you might want to consider the vista views in the bedroom. It's not on any option list but they'll do it for a a price. I had them added along with stacked windows in the bedroom of my 25 classic and they are really nice. By the way, I see what you meen about the options that are standard now.
Old 01-28-2007, 06:54 PM   #23
2 Rivet Member

2007 27' Classic FB
Beaver Creek , Colorado
Quote:
Neil you might want to consider the vista views in the bedroom. It's not on any option list but they'll do it for a a price. I had them added along with stacked windows in the bedroom of my 25 classic and they are really nice. By the way, I see what you meen about the options that are standard now.
That's one of the issues re: our final options list. Wife say nay, I say aye.

TomR., Doubt if any models in the A/S line will ever stop increasing in price. Might as well get what we want while we can and enjoy it. Who knows what the future holds.

Neil
Old 01-28-2007, 07:09 PM   #24
2 Rivet Member

2007 27' Classic FB
Beaver Creek , Colorado
Quote:
OBTW, Do you have any great sales points to support my aye vote? Her objection follows: "those large windows will only be heat traps!" Any idea how best to overcome that objection? Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Neil
Old 01-28-2007, 10:52 PM   #25
Rivet Master

2005 25' Safari
Salem , Oregon
Quote:
OBTW, Do you have any great sales points to support my aye vote? Her objection follows: "those large windows will only be heat traps!" Any idea how best to overcome that objection? Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Neil
Hi, Neil. Your wife is right; That is one of the reasons we went with the basic Safari, less glass.

2005 Safari 25-B
"Le Petit Chateau Argent"
[ Small Silver Castle ]
2000 Navigator / 2014 F-150 Eco-Boost / Equal-i-zer / P-3
YAMAHA 2400 / AIR #12144
ROBERTSUNRUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 11:41 PM   #26
Rivet Master

2007 25' Safari FB SE
Santa Cruz , California
On the other hand: The curtains can be easily drawn on the windows for heat/cold abatement and privacy. Otherwise, they offer an option for openess, light, and scenery. It's a small space, no matter how you lay it out, and the use of windows expands it.
Old 01-29-2007, 08:08 AM   #27
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
Quote:
Neil
Neil, I'd love to support your thought on this, because frankly, the vista views are excellent. However, any hole you place in an RV, will be a source of heat/cool loss. That said, I'd do it anyway, but one word of caution in the bedroom area. Even with the shade, in sunlight, it will be brighter than normal with vista views back there and the shades won't provide nearly as much barrier to the heat/cold, if any at all. If you will do a lot of day reading and spending a lot of time in the bedroom area for other things than sleeping, it might be a great way to go.....
Computers manufactured by companies such as IBM, Compaq and millions of others are by far the most popular with about 70 million machines in use worldwide. Macintosh fans note that cockroaches are far more numerous than humans and that numbers alone do not denote a higher life form. -NY Times 11/91
Silvertwinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 01:45 PM   #28
Rivet Master

2005 28' Safari S/O
Paradise , California
When Jan I were shopping for Airstreams last summer, we looked in both Paso Robles, CA and Los Banos, CA. Both of these areas are very hot in the summer (100+). Going in and out of many different Airsteams over many different days, my wife and I came to the conclusion that the Airstreams with many windows and aluminum interior walls were the hottest. The ones with the fewer windows and insulated vinyl interior walls were the coolest. This was most noticeable in late morning to early afternoon. During the heat of the day (mid to late afternoon), they were all hot.

So, Neil, your wife is probably right about it being a heat trap, and more windows to wash too. The trade off for fewer windows is less interior light and views.