Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-01-2014, 06:59 AM   #21
4 Rivet Member

2008 20' Safari SE
Bangor , Maine
Awesome! Best of luck and make sure to get out as much as possible!

-J

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtrid3r View Post
What a great forum with great members and invaluable information about airstreams. Special shout out to Belegedhel (from Houston). He took time out of his schedule to drive 30 mins to inspect my potential airstream purchase. He took numerous detailed pictures and did not expect anything in return. Thank you for making me feel "At Home" in this forum! Because of your efforts, I am now a proud owner of my very first Airstream
jpons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 07:16 AM   #22
Rivet Master

2014 30' FB FC Bunk
Hoover , Alabama
YES!!!!!!!!

Tell me much more about what you think of the 19 foot model....a friend of mine is lurking for a 19 footer....if you get a chance to PM me pics to share, that would be great....better yet....put us pics on here!!

CONGRATULATIONS!! get out and enjoy!

PharmGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 07:03 PM   #23
2 Rivet Member

Oregon city , Oregon
Dealer has a same one asking $23k.

portland.craigslist.org/mlt/rvs/4451456108.html
Eresan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 11:23 PM   #24
4 Rivet Member

2005 28' Safari
formerly of Tustin, Huntington Beach, Dana Point, and Laguna Beach , California
Question about checking for floor rot...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicNo13 View Post
When it comes to rot, you can't trust ones word. You have to get on there with an ice pick and Yank up carpet and vinyl.
I'm in the market for a used AS too. How does one really inspect for floor rot under a vinyl floor? Do you stomp around the floor for soft spots due to water leaks? I can't seed a seller allowing one to pull up flooring.

Also, how does one contact a fellow AS forum member who has experience to help with an inspection? I think that's a great idea for a noob like me and I'd be willing to pay for that member's time.
westcoastas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 04:22 AM   #25
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
Broadway , North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastas View Post
How does one really inspect for floor rot under a vinyl floor? Do you stomp around the floor for soft spots due to water leaks? I can't seed a seller allowing one to pull up flooring.

When I worked in a marina, we used a slightly dulled ice pick or awl. If good wood is covered with fiberglass it was nearly impossible to push in. With rotted wood not so hard.

With marine vinyl or carpet over good wood you may be able to push a small depression or at worst, a tiny hole through to good wood. If the wood underneath is rotted, it goes right through.

You can do this in an inconspicous place like near the edge of a bulkhead on the exposed vinyl, or in the carpeted area in the storage lockers.
Wayward is offline   Reply With Quote