Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Dollars & Cents > Trailer Values
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-22-2010, 04:25 PM   #41
Rivet Master

2006 22' International CCD
1957 26' Overlander
Plymouth , Minnesota
I just paid under $1000 for a 1957 Overlander. The floor needs some attention. The windows will require rebuilding. The bathroom is missing. And the shell isn't perfect. But it pulls real nice. The interior is complete with all the original hardware and lights, other than the missing bathroom. I even got the 4 matching baby moon hub caps.

There are some great trailers out there and you dont need to spend 3500 for a good shell. Id look some more
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF6221.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	422.5 KB
ID:	96754  

"Life itself is the most wonderful fairy tale"
(Hans Christian Andersen)

WBCCI 10289
TAC MN-69
AIR 11240
BradS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 04:37 PM   #42
2 Rivet Member

None , Arizona
Yeah, this is the same one I was looking at in the begining of this thread. I did offer the guy $500 and he said it was an insult. LOL. I am still looking, because I need to accomodate more for sleeping gutted is appealing to me, but I would love to restore one and make it pretty. ;0)

I have responded to a couple ads on the classifieds and no one has bothered to respond back, I suppose they just don't want to sell.
Namaste Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 05:55 AM   #43
2 Rivet Member

1963 24' Tradewind
St Louis , Missouri
I agrre with Melody. It simply has no value until it is made useable. It may be worth the resale price of parts, or scrap aluminum....but $3500?????????????????????????
my1ststream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 02:45 PM   #44
Rivet Master

1967 26' Overlander
Owings Mills , MD
I love the whole "insulted" routine. Any time you sell something via the Internet or some other venue, you are going to get lowball offers on occasion. Sometimes it's people bottom fishing; other times it's people making legitimate offers on an overpriced item. The other day I watched an episode of "Pawn Stars." The guys who run the place do a pretty good job making low offers... but keeping it friendly and business like.

If I a guy is going to get his underwear in a twist over an offer, just walk away. As for an empty shell, if I were doing this thing all over, I might pay $1000 or a bit more, but not much... and that is coming from a guy who wanted to gut the interior from the very beginning. Heck, I'm not sure my empty Overlander is worth much... despite the refurbished frame, new floor, new axles, new wiring, new lights, new AC/heat pump, new furnace, new water heater, new Fantastic fans, etc.

I hear what you are saying about an empty shell. I love the room, the natural light and feeling of the shell empty. I know it's going to feel more crowded as we frame things in... but that's the price we gotta pay.
hampstead38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 09:00 PM   #45
1 Rivet Member

Dearborn heights , Michigan
He did you a favor by turning you down!

He did you a favor by turning you down! Look elsewhere! you will find a very nice travel trailer ready to tow, for about half of what you'd spend to finish that project.
professorbol is offline   Reply With Quote