Old 01-01-2015, 12:05 PM   #15
2 Rivet Member

Mission Viejo , California
45... It's a beauty and will look great on your property for a long time.

Old 01-01-2015, 12:24 PM   #16
4 Rivet Member

Durango , Colorado
We got about 18% off MSRP on our 2015 Serenity. We ordered in June and took delivery at the end of October.
We purchased from Airstream of Spokane. Can't say enough good things about this dealer. They treated us great and I have found zero issues with our new Airstream.

Old 01-01-2015, 12:26 PM   #17
Glamper Girl

2008 23' International
Sunny San Diego , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Lynch View Post
45... It's a beauty and will look great on your property for a long time.
Are you familiar with the Ocean Breeze? I've had several people including dealers walk up to me and give me their info for when Im ready to sell.

The dealers have WAITING LISTS for trade ins. and when they do arrive they tend to have multiple offers.

But that doesn't even matter, cuz maybe we'll do a "his" and "hers" like a lot of people on the forums do.
Old 01-01-2015, 02:06 PM   #18
2 Rivet Member

2014 19' Flying Cloud
Eugene , Oregon
I suppose the easiest tactic is to trade-in your existing trailer and demand top dollar, maybe even more than one could ever get elsewhere. That way, the dealer can sell the new one at MSRP and "honestly" claim the sale of the new one at MSRP. You still technically did get the "discount." They can validate the great AS resale value, via your old trade-in invoice, shown to their used AS customers. Then, they might make a "terrific" deal to the person buying your old AS trade-in, thus burying the actual "discount" they wrote-off in the process. The dealer is generous, MSRP is protected and everyone is "happy."
Old 01-01-2015, 02:16 PM   #19

2015 23' Flying Cloud
Beaver , Washington
Just purchased a 23D 2015 from Airstream NW in Seattle. Excellent dealer. Easy to deal with.
Old 01-01-2015, 02:34 PM   #20
TinCan

2016 30' Classic
Apache Junction , Arizona
I am not a haggler either. Just for kicks I stopped at my dealer to look at the 30' Flying Cloud. I really wanted the ducted air and additional space. He offered me a deal I could not refuse. He gave me in trade what I paid for my 2013 25' Cloud so I did not haggle at all. I did not at all expect to walk away with a new trailer.
Old 01-01-2015, 02:53 PM   #21
Rivet Master

2005 25' Safari
Salem , Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnArborBob View Post
The article you are referring to (i.e., "can't keep up with demand") was an Airstream press release that was picked up by media outlets all over the country. Media is desperate for "copy" this time of the year. I'm surprised we haven't seen any "alien abduction" stories lately. In any event, given the source of the article, you can take any "information" it may have contained with a grain of salt. Airstream is about to bring a significant expansion of its manufacturing capacity on line and I suspect they are trying to create an air of scarcity to generate demand for the added production.

Hi, You didn't?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC05685.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	128.1 KB
ID:	229646  

2005 Safari 25-B
"Le Petit Chateau Argent"
[ Small Silver Castle ]
2000 Navigator / 2014 F-150 Eco-Boost / Equal-i-zer / P-3
YAMAHA 2400 / AIR #12144
ROBERTSUNRUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2015, 03:21 PM   #22
Glamper Girl

2008 23' International
Quote:
Originally Posted by graysailor View Post
I am not a haggler either. Just for kicks I stopped at my dealer to look at the 30' Flying Cloud. I really wanted the ducted air and additional space. He offered me a deal I could not refuse. He gave me in trade what I paid for my 2013 25' Cloud so I did not haggle at all. I did not at all expect to walk away with a new trailer.
Wow, congrats gray sailor! Sounds like you need to hit the road, park and enjoy!!

Wishing you a prosperous New Year!!
Old 01-01-2015, 04:55 PM   #23
Glamper Girl

2008 23' International
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave-Nancy View Post
I suppose the easiest tactic is to trade-in your existing trailer and demand top dollar, maybe even more than one could ever get elsewhere. That way, the dealer can sell the new one at MSRP and "honestly" claim the sale of the new one at MSRP. You still technically did get the "discount." They can validate the great AS resale value, via your old trade-in invoice, shown to their used AS customers. Then, they might make a "terrific" deal to the person buying your old AS trade-in, thus burying the actual "discount" they wrote-off in the process. The dealer is generous, MSRP is protected and everyone is "happy."
Hi Dave-Nancy,
Happy New Year!! So I have a question. Does the trade in value get deducted from the MSRP? A California dealer told me (if anyone knows different please chime in) I pay taxes on the full value of the new trailer, no deductions made for the trade in?!

I know Arizona gives a tax credit for used vehicles, Im not sure on CA law and was going to discuss this with the appropriate dealer at time of offer.

If I negotiate 20% off the MSRP of 90k, that's $1,440 Im saving in taxes (90-18=72,000x.08=$1,440). So maybe negotiate a lower sale price with a fair trade in value?????

Still not sure if I want to keep, sell, consign or trade in.
Old 01-01-2015, 05:10 PM   #24
3 Rivet Member

2015 25' Flying Cloud
Currently Looking...
Hahira , Georgia
HLN had a spot this morning about high demand on Airstreams.
Old 01-01-2015, 05:15 PM   #25
2 Rivet Member

2014 28' International
San Jose , California
We purchased a new 2014 in late August at 20% discount off MSRP plus several bonus goodies, like oven conversion.
Old 01-01-2015, 05:27 PM   #26
TinCan

2016 30' Classic
California does not allow you to deduct your trade in from the MSRP or whatever the selling price is. I was a resident of CA but upon retirement "moved" to South Dakota which does allow you to deduct your trade in. Actually I live in La Paz, MX during the winter. Around February/March I head north and hook up to my Stream and just wander.
Old 01-01-2015, 06:29 PM   #27
Glamper Girl

2008 23' International
Quote:
Originally Posted by graysailor View Post
California does not allow you to deduct your trade in from the MSRP or whatever the selling price is. I was a resident of CA but upon retirement "moved" to South Dakota which does allow you to deduct your trade in. Actually I live in La Paz, MX during the winter. Around February/March I head north and hook up to my Stream and just wander.
Thanks for the cofirmation Graysailor. Do you know if they give a tax credit on the trade in...for example.... trade value of 40,000 ca tax at 8%= $3,200 credit ???
Old 01-01-2015, 11:14 PM   #28
TinCan

2016 30' Classic
No they do not. The only tax break you could get is if you finance the trailer then it could qualify as a second home and the interest on the loan would be tax deductible. I have done that with my boat on several occasions.

Forgive the spelling but spell check sometimes gets things wrong.