Old 07-29-2012, 10:12 AM   #1
1 Rivet Member
Belgrade , Montana
Help with 27' '75 Overlander Price

Hello and thanks in advance for all help and replys.

I have found a 75 overlander in beautiful condition. The elder man who currently owns it is the second owner. The original owner I am told took the trailer back to the factory in the mid 80s and had them go over everything and fix any issues. So that is the back story I have been given.

I went yesterday and spent over 3 hours looking the trailer over. Everything is there and worked first try. The two upper vista views have the film issue. All other glass is great and the seals are good. Floor is original and very solid. Frame is solid. All of the tambours are there and work smooth with all bins behind them. I found only three issues with the whole thing. 1. Crack in counter top of bath room. 2. Dent on front panel (from elk rubbing up against it). 3. Vistaview windows. Other than those this guy is right from the factory. It is the international.

Now, He is asking $7800 and I have got him to 7500 but I don't think he will move anymore. I have been looking for a while and can find P.O.S. units for 2500 to 5000. I can also find restored units for 9000 and up. I don't have a gauge on one this size and condition that is all perfect and original. The thing sat in a garage for the first 25 years of it life.

Please help. Tell me I found a gem or that I am a fool for considering this price. Either way I thank you for your help.

Granz57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 11:25 AM   #2
3 Rivet Member
1975 31' Sovereign
Pierre , South Dakota
You don't know what you have in an Airstream until you pull the belly pan and inspect the frame. The floor can be sound(plywood) and the frame rusted away.
I can read the manufacture date on the plywood floor of my 1975, but I am building a new frame as the original one was eat up in rust.
The appliances are 37 years old. How long do you expect the A/C, Refrig, Furnace to last, These three alone will cost you 2500 to 3000.00, plus labor.
At the price the owner has set you would be better off buying a refurb. 9000.00 trailer with a history of documented rebuild,repair,replacement.
Have you checked the axles, if original or 15 years old there's 1500.00-2000.00 plus install labor.
The worst thing you can do is fall in love with this trailer and over look the faults and necessary repairs.
Good Luck
195Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote