Old 07-20-2009, 06:31 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
marietta , Georgia
Got my feet wet

I looked at my first used for sale AS yesterday, I took a copy of the checklist I found here...most things checked no or not there.

1971 safari painted with gray primer over lots of bondo in the upper corners. the floor was pretty solid but had been put in several years ago and they did not install it upto and into the c-channels, all the windows and doors worked, the axles had a slight downward rake (positive) to my amazement there where no funky smells. The interior was 85% complete.

All seen I think I'll hold out, as the panels are formed and cost $500 each and this one needs all four. One of the main reasons I want to have an airstream, and other will probably agree, there is nothing like the shine of a nice airstream and this 71 needs someone who can do the metal work.

the people who had the 71 where very nice and I would love to take it off their hands and give it a good home but I think I'd be overwhelmed and in the end would do the 71 no good. But I got my feet wet and know a little more about airstreams

Old 07-20-2009, 06:36 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1968 28' Ambassador
Cedaredge , Colorado
Wish I had been as informed as you are when I was looking.. You are doing the right thing. Hold out till you are happy with what you are getting and also getting into....

May you have at least one sunny day, and a soft chair to sit in..

2008 5.7 L V8 Sequoia
AIR # 31243
WBCCI # 6987
FOUR CORNERS UNIT
purman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 08:10 PM   #3
1 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
marietta , Georgia
I'm looking at Eliminator46's tradewind for sale and did a search on threads hes posted to try and figuer things he's done to it.

I would really like a 1970 22-25 footer as My wife and I where both born that yr. I want a solid foundation to tweak on and make wooden cabinets with siding door much like the frosted platic one in the brand new airstreams. But most of all want a straight clean body
Old 07-20-2009, 08:42 PM   #4
1 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
marietta , Georgia
is there a reason that it says I must be registered to send a seller a message?
I thought I was registered as I can strt threads and reply and everything????
Old 07-20-2009, 08:44 PM   #5
1 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
marietta , Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by purman View Post
Wish I had been as informed as you are when I was looking.. You are doing the right thing. Hold out till you are happy with what you are getting and also getting into....

well I read on here not to just go out and buy the first airstream you look at ..thanks to whoever said that ..been through so many threads...