2005 19' International - Retail $46,644.On sale for $38,000

Old 07-22-2005, 04:28 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2008 27' International FB
1964 19' Globetrotter
1955 26' Cruiser Overlander
Austin , Texas
Devoman,

Depends on the demand and the condtions... Assuming they are new and from a dealer's stock on hand, my opinion is that the 19' Bambi (assuming Safari) is a good deal, but the international is a so-so average.

If this is your first airstream or first travel trailer, makes sure the 19' will be enough room for you.

Take it from me, I went by looks and price first, but based on my needs and camping style, I just traded my 19' 2005 Intl CCD for a 28' 2006 Safari LS.

If you set on a "newer" model, if I could do it all over again, I would have bought used first, let he previous owner find the issues and get them fixed under warranty. There is always something that needs to get fixed on "brand new" units.

Kevin

Old 07-22-2005, 04:52 PM   #3
Airstreamin and luvin it
Commercial Member

2005 25' Safari
Northwest Panhandle , The Sunshine State/WBCCI 6637
Sorry

I forgot to post that it was used.But from seeing from the pics it looks to be pretty good.But as the saying goes....Dont judge the book by its cover.I wont be able to see it in person cause it is in south Florida and i live up in the Panhandle of northwest florida.I wont be able to do anything until after labor day also.Then i can travel to some dealerships and see them in person.I plan to take my time cause this is the first Travel Trailer i am buying.
Old 07-22-2005, 05:03 PM   #4
LEV ZEPPELIN

2004 19' International CCD
Chicago , Illinois
Devoman.

For the price of the 19' International, it sounds like it should have at least some of the options, of which there are not a lot:

Spare tire
Electric jack
and if you are ordering, a second (rear) fantastic fan.

Dealer should also maybe throw in a hitch maybe (Equilizer) and brake controller.

I'm thinking back at the price of my unit, but that was a 2004 model, and I know that there was the ussual yearly price increase, so maybe that's about right.

Having the ultra-wide front window in the International is sure nice, and does not make a small trailer seem so claustrophobic. It's more dough though.

Negotiate, negotiate, negotiate.

Jonathan
Old 07-22-2005, 06:05 PM   #5
Well Preserved

1993 21' Sovereign
Colfax , North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devoman
I forgot to post that it was used.But from seeing from the pics it looks to be pretty good.But as the saying goes....Dont judge the book by its cover.I wont be able to see it in person cause it is in south Florida and i live up in the Panhandle of northwest florida.I wont be able to do anything until after labor day also.Then i can travel to some dealerships and see them in person.I plan to take my time cause this is the first Travel Trailer i am buying.
Check and see if a volunteer Airstream inspector is close to the trailer you want looked at. It should be in the thread "so you want to buy a trailer that's 3 states away?"
A search with that title should pull it up, and you may find someone close enough to look for you.
Good luck with it.
Old 07-22-2005, 06:48 PM   #6
Rivet Master

2008 27' International FB
1964 19' Globetrotter
1955 26' Cruiser Overlander
Austin , Texas
Devoman,

If it's used, use the latest NADA book as a guide. (comes out 3 times a year, the latest one came out May) If it's that new, than target wholesale as a base. Sorry I would tell you the values, but I left my newest book at my office (tells you what I do in my spare time at work )

The latest version has 2005 model values. If the dealer tells you that "Book" doesn't have 2005 listed, walk away, he's taking advantage of you.

If you are buying from a dealer, you will probably end up between wholesale and retail. Private party is usually at or near wholesale.

Kevin
Old 07-22-2005, 08:47 PM   #7
Airstreamin and luvin it
Commercial Member

2005 25' Safari
Here are some pics of this used 2005 19' Bambi.
Mabey this will help some.

Old 07-25-2005, 08:44 PM   #8
Airstreamin and luvin it
Commercial Member

2005 25' Safari
Good Deal

I am now in the works with a dealer.So far everything went pretty good.But it was only talk right now.I gotta call them back tomorrow to do so more haggling. I hope to be an Airstream owner sometime here soon.That is if everything goes right.
Old 07-26-2005, 08:42 AM   #9
Well Preserved

1993 21' Sovereign
Colfax , North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devoman
I am now in the works with a dealer.So far everything went pretty good.But it was only talk right now.I gotta call them back tomorrow to do so more haggling. I hope to be an Airstream owner sometime here soon.That is if everything goes right.
A question to ask your dealer, is if there is any of the factory warranty left, or if he will have to take care of any problems found? And if there is, or if he is, how long a warranty, and what is covered? That way, you will know how long you have to get any problems taken care of under warranty. If there is no warranty, you should make a note of any problems you have noticed, and make sure the repairs are made conditions of sale on the buyer's order. A less than one year old trailer should have very little or no issues, but you never know...
Old 07-26-2005, 01:15 PM   #10
Airstreamin and luvin it
Commercial Member

2005 25' Safari
good deal

Just finished talking to another salesman.He gave me the price of $29,726 for a new 19' Bambi Safari and it will cost roughly around $500.00 to get them to bring it to me.They said they would go cheaper on the shipping though.
Good Deal or Bad Deal.Need some help.Thanks.
Old 07-26-2005, 01:56 PM   #11
LEV ZEPPELIN

2004 19' International CCD
Chicago , Illinois
Devoman.

If at all possible go check out the trailer for yourself and make sure it is to your expectations. Having a unit paid for and shipped sight unseen is to risky for something that is lots of $$$$

Again, if it is near someone else on these forums who is knowledgable about what to look for, test and so on, that's the route to go.

You first must divulge your source, dealer and then put out the call on these forums for someone to go visit, and give a report.

Good luck.

Jonathan
Old 07-26-2005, 07:57 PM   #12
Rivet Master

1959 22' Caravanner
Atlanta , Georgia
There is a Airstream dealer near Macon GA that would be a lot closer. Drove by it today. Thought about stopping but I was running late.

Actually it Jackson
http://www.sagonrv.com/
They have a Bambi in stock it says on the site.

Talk to them and see if they will beat the price. Also see whatthe tax rate is there verse GA. Might save a few bucks.

It's about 300 miles one way. You could do that run and back in a day. Leave early on a Saturday to get there in the afternoon and be home late evening.

I did 260 miles today with a couple of 1 hour stops and 45 minutes for lunch. from 9am to 430 pm. We run Marietta to St George in 7 hours with cargo trailer and a lot of road a lot worse then the ones down to PCB.
59toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2005, 08:27 PM   #13
4 Rivet Member

1983 31' Excella
Waterloo , Iowa
Have no idea! But.... the Bambi is almost 40% off! Are you sure there is nothing wrong with it? Has it been previously titled, andbeing sold as a used unit?
Twenty percent, even twenty five percent off MSRP is one thing, but forty percent raises flags for me!

Elizabeth in Iowa
Old 07-26-2005, 08:50 PM   #14
Airstreamin and luvin it
Commercial Member

2005 25' Safari
Thank You

I will call them the first chance i can get.Thank You.