Old 02-20-2007, 12:52 PM   #1
4 Rivet Member

2007 25' Safari FB SE
Lady Lake , Florida
Down to $$

We are ready to buy a new 23'AS. There are several for sale on the internet, including some with the base price before the last price increase. Several places let you print out the sticker.

First call price was a little under 15% off. Then, they add "fees" of $275. Whether I need it or not, I want a Hensley hitch. They would get it for me and install for a small fee. I would probably pay retail for the hitch.

We are going to the Fl. rally tomorrow and see what is there, but needed to get some starting price to compare to others.

I am not totally against paying 15% off MSRP, but if I could get 18 or twenty, I would feel better about the whole thing. Does anyone think that that discount could be available this time of year, on an instock AS?
Also, I just remembered that I also want to add awnings on the back and curb side.

Looking forward to buying and getting our new AS. The shopping is fun, to a point.

Pat

Old 02-20-2007, 02:12 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2007 30' Classic
Hernando , Mississippi
My personal recommendation would be to check with Airstream of Arkansas. We bought a new 25'FB last year and was completely happy with the price and service. Check out their website and/or call and talk to the service mgr - Gene Morris. Nice guy and nice folks there -- good prices to boot.
Happy hunting.
Rgds,'Scott

Fully retired now!
Remember:
Never start anything before noon and always plan on being finished by 5.
I will never HAVE to be anywhere ever again!
ScottW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 02:13 PM   #3
Always Airstreaming!

2005 22' Safari
1960 24' Tradewind
Anytown , Connecticut
Send a message via AIM to rickandsandi
Hi Pat! How is the Chevy doing? Each AS dealer is going to discount as they see fit. The important thing to remember is that every AS is built to order. What this means is that there are no MFG rebates or incentives. Dealers put in their own orders and they 'own' the units. Some dealers will give a deeper dicount on any extra inventory depending on the model and what they have coming in. There really is no rule of thumb on this one. As for the add-ons, that is where you will get hurt. I wouldn't have the additional awning put on by anyone but an AS dealer. I would stick with the ZipDee's to keep everything matching in both color, design and workmanship. ZipDee does have a lifetime warranty on the mechanics. Have fun and let us know how ou make out!

Pat, just found this:
RV Legends: 2006 25' Airstream Classic Wally Byam 50th Anniversary Travel Trailer
Rick
Airstream Life Magazine
Proud Member of WBCCI
WBCCI #3411
AIR #17099
2009 Silverado 2500HD
2004 22' Safari
1960 24' Tradewind
rickandsandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 02:40 PM   #4
Well Preserved

1993 21' Sovereign
Colfax , North Carolina
Pat, are you trading in your Excella? Bates RV may have something there for you to deal on, and Hensley may have a booth in the manufacturer's area inside the rally site. Bates is a much larger Airstream dealer than Our Family is, and may be able to give you a better discount. Good luck, and let us know how you did. If the trailer you look at doesn't have an awning, and you don't like Bates' price on one, you can go to Walt's, up in Ocala. They do very good work, at reasonable prices.
Old 02-20-2007, 02:44 PM   #5
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
Without trade, you should be able to get at around 19%...more if you are a good horse trader.

If you bring a trade to the table, it can be more difficult to get around 19%, but it's not impossible...particularly this time of year.
Computers manufactured by companies such as IBM, Compaq and millions of others are by far the most popular with about 70 million machines in use worldwide. Macintosh fans note that cockroaches are far more numerous than humans and that numbers alone do not denote a higher life form. -NY Times 11/91
Silvertwinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 02:47 PM   #6
Well Preserved

1993 21' Sovereign
Colfax , North Carolina
Bates is always crying he needs good used units, I guess we will see how much he wants one.
Old 02-20-2007, 02:48 PM   #7
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
I should call him up to see if he wants mine....been itchin' for a 31' dinette.
Computers manufactured by companies such as IBM, Compaq and millions of others are by far the most popular with about 70 million machines in use worldwide. Macintosh fans note that cockroaches are far more numerous than humans and that numbers alone do not denote a higher life form. -NY Times 11/91
Silvertwinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 03:35 PM   #8

2015 25' FB Flying Cloud
2012 23' FB Flying Cloud
2005 25' Safari
Santa Rosa Beach , Florida
Give Del Sanders a call in Alachau. We bought Lucy from him last May. We got 22% off sticker, but that was on a left over '05. You might as well price it with him since he is close.
WBCCI #3628 -- AIR #14872 -- TAC #FL-7
2015 FC 25' FB (Lucy) with HAHA
2005 Suburban 2500 Quadrasteer (Olivia) & 2018 Silverado 2500 (Lillian)
moosetags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 05:00 PM   #9
3 Rivet Member

2006 28' Safari SE
Winter Park , Florida
We bought our '06 from Bates and was very happy with them. We were able to negotiation a discount from MSRP in the range of what's been mentioned here. I think if you can get 18% off you've done about as well as you're going to do.

GO GATORS!!
dbradhstream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 05:50 PM   #10
4 Rivet Member

2007 25' Safari FB SE
Lady Lake , Florida
Rally

We went to the Rally in Sarasota today, but did not find a Hensley display.

Bates was the only AS dealer there.

Even though it was the first day of the rally, there were many, many units there and more coming in. Also many vendors. The Zip Dee people were giving a demo that was well attended.

We are happy that we went.

Pat
Old 03-01-2007, 02:59 PM   #11
4 Rivet Member

2007 25' Safari FB SE
Lady Lake , Florida
New 23' Safari SE LS!!

We bought a 2007 23' Safari yesterday, and, weather permitting and extras being installed, we may be able to pick it up in Ohio next Thursday!

We are having the awnings (curb side and rear) installed and a Hensley hitch.

All might not be ready, if not, we will put it off a week.

We are having a Bed Slide installed in our Avalanche tomorrow and somehow need to get our Prodigy brake controller installed.

Then, hopefully, that will be all we need except a generator and camping spots. Looking forward to 2007.

Thanks for your suggestions and ideas. I feel sure "we got it right this time"!!

Pat
Old 03-07-2007, 11:22 PM   #12
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
Huntington Beach , California
Congratulations

Quote:
Originally Posted by starflyte1
We bought a 2007 23' Safari yesterday, and, weather permitting and extras being installed, we may be able to pick it up in Ohio next Thursday!

We are having the awnings (curb side and rear) installed and a Hensley hitch.

All might not be ready, if not, we will put it off a week.

We are having a Bed Slide installed in our Avalanche tomorrow and somehow need to get our Prodigy brake controller installed.

Then, hopefully, that will be all we need except a generator and camping spots. Looking forward to 2007.

Thanks for your suggestions and ideas. I feel sure "we got it right this time"!!

Pat
Been following your story.......congratulations on pulling the trigger....let us know how the pick up goes.

Time
Old 03-11-2007, 11:44 AM   #13
4 Rivet Member

2007 25' Safari FB SE
Lady Lake , Florida
Picked up!

Time, the pick up went well and we are back in Florida now. We drove 2400 miles, round trip. Lucked out with the weather, going thru just a little rain, but no snow or ice, and temperatures all above freezing.

It tows perfectly. No problem keeping it between the lines! Thank goodness!
Now, DH has to teach me how to back the AS. And, have to figure out the Hensley. Lots and lots of reading to do, but we are really pleased with the unit.

Will post a picture at a later date.

Pat
Old 03-11-2007, 11:57 AM   #14
Well Preserved

1993 21' Sovereign
Colfax , North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by starflyte1
Now, DH has to teach me how to back the AS.
Pat
Congratulations!
Go slow, start straight, put your hand on the bottom of the steering wheel. Move your hand in the direction you want the back of the trailer to go. Piece of cake.