Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Dollars & Cents > Trailer Values
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-22-2008, 06:19 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2003 31' Classic
Valparaiso , Indiana
Difference in 31' '03 Classic and Limited

Help,
I am leaving town tomorrow to go look at a 03 31' Classic. Dealer tells me that only difference between Classic and LTD is Hickory cabinets instead of Oak. Doesn't sound right because NADA lists a price difference of $5650.00 additional if Trailer is a LTD instead of Classic.
Anybody out there who actually knows the difference, please help

Thanks
Bob

I can win any argument on any subject. People know this and steer away from me at parties. Often as a sign of their respect, they don't even invite me.
rochar3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 06:30 AM   #2
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
IIRC, the LTD has awnings all around as standard equipment, vs. optional on the Classic. I also seem to remember the LTD having different color awnings and different striping from the Classic. This could be different from year to year, and length to length.
Old 06-22-2008, 08:37 AM   #3
2 Rivet Member

1998 30' Limited
garden Ridge , Texas
I believe the Limited also has electric stabilizers instead of the crank type and a few other fairly insignificant upgrades. The LTD as overlander63 says has reddish awnings instead of the blue ones. Oh, also the LTD has solid wood on all of the table tops, etc. instead of laminate. They really do look better, but if buying new I am not sure I would pay the difference.
Crawdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 09:57 AM   #4
Rivet Master

2007 25' Classic
Hydes
Believe me the cost of the LTD upgrades didn't add up. Most of the price difference seemed to be in the Hickory cabinet upgrade which is now standard on the Classics.
craftsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 11:52 AM   #5
_

. , .
Quote:
Originally Posted by rochar3 View Post
Help...
hi bob

this thread will help you, especially the attachment which lists ALL of the bits and prices for EARLY 05 and is very close to 03....

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f296...res-27055.html

the 03s and 05s had virtually the same items IN the 'ltd' package...

-acrylic outer door handle (i like it)

-gold/brass water fixtures (i don't like it)

-larger lp tanks (i like it)

-flag box (i like it)

-electric stabilizer jacks (i like it)

-solid wood table tops (i like it)

-hickory interior (i like it)

-burgundy/gold exterior accents (i don't like it) and belt buckle badging (YUK)

-burgundy awning cloth (it's ok, but stripes would b cooler! the base model is solid blue awnings ALL around)

-kitchen water filter (i like it)

-burgundy zip dee chairs instead of blue chairs

-hats and jackets (what a waste of time)

-gold ltd and limited lettering outside (mine peeled off the 1st summer)

the word "limited" on the chairs and patio awning and acrylic handle, really it's pretty funny like suggesting the owner is....

while ALL the interior color combos were available on either base classic or limited...

MOST limiteds were done in the 'golden touch' interior (burgundy and gold, paisley) which i call the 'harem edition'

the 03 list in the ltd package was basically the same.

one can argue about the initial price issue (was it worth it) but everyone buys at discount,

so ADJUST that initial 5600$ to a more realistic initial price of about 3,800$...

the bigger tanks and electric jacks are GREAT

and would be pricey to add afterward (given the cost of ditching the original smaller tanks and manual jacks) like NOW...

the flag box is really nice (i got 2) and the acrylic outer handle is nice too...

the burgundy coloring is just OK (i like blue better) and makes the unit easier to spot in a sea of 'streams...

the oak editions and hickory editions had slightly different degrees of refinement in the wood and clearcoat...

but the table top difference isn't noticeable to most but the hickory versions are SOLID wood and the oaks NOT that year...

the jackets were crap, so IF ya want one lemme know...

cheer
2air'

we are here on earth to fart around. don't let anybody tell you any different. k.v.
2airishuman is offline   Reply With Quote