Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Dollars & Cents > Trailer Values
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-05-2012, 10:45 PM   #21
Rivet Master

1974 Argosy 28
Fresno/Clovis , California
If you decide to go for it, let me know, I may be in need of some Argosy parts. I am in negotiations, may own one soon!
Old 05-06-2012, 08:58 AM   #22
4 Rivet Member

1972 27' Overlander
Penokee , Kansas
Never look a gift horse in the mouth... Heck,, the belly pan might be full of silver dollars?

Sodbust

20mpg empty, 14 mpg with 27' Overlander.

Today is the first day of the rest of your life!
Sodbust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 06:33 PM   #23
2 Rivet Member

1971 31' Sovereign
Watson , Louisiana
Deal is done

Despite objections we made the deal yesterday. Well an associate did. I am working with him and he bought it. I have my hands full enough with my Sovereign. He has more time and energy. It looks much better with good wheels on it and pulled out of the weeds. The pictures are during the wheel change. It will be pressure washed and cleaned out soon and I will post some new pictures. It does need some work but he is willing. I am getting the aluminum wheels for my Airstream. It doesn't make much sense to me they put steel wheels on an aluminum Airstream and put aluminum wheels on a painted Argosy. I guess it was an option.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2856.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	427.1 KB
ID:	158397   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2857.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	411.7 KB
ID:	158398  

Exsys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 07:09 PM   #24
Rivet Master

1956 22' Flying Cloud
1953 32' Liner
1955 22' Safari
Valley View , Texas
Send a message via Skype™ to Melody Ranch
I cannot believe you did this. I just cannot believe it.
Old 05-14-2012, 11:09 PM   #25
2 Rivet Member

1971 31' Sovereign
Watson , Louisiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melody Ranch View Post
I cannot believe you did this. I just cannot believe it.
Neither can I. What a little gem huh? Just wait until it is polished.
Old 05-14-2012, 11:35 PM   #26
3 Rivet Member

1975 31' Sovereign
Pierre , South Dakota
Exsys,
This reminds me of a stunt I pulled on an airplane.
I found a Bellanca Super viking pushed off in the weeds of an airport.(Bellanca's have wood wings). The plane had been sitting for quit a while. I contacted the owner and we settled on price, about what the engine was worth. I made 3 or 4 trips over to the plane to look things over and duct tape the questionable.(6 or 8 rolls)
One Saturday the weather was great I had ferry permit in hand from the Faa and I flew it 2 1/2 hours home. During the flight I would swap from left seat to right seat to inspect as much of the plane as I could from the cockpit just to see if the duct tape was flying along with me in formation.
When I landed at my home base all my buddies were there and boy were they laughing, some were laughing so had they were literally rounding on the tarmac.
Well almost one year to the date that she arrived at my hanger I rolled her out for a test flight. New wood, covering,paint,instrument panel,interior, engine overhaul,prop overhaul,basically a new airplane.
ALL MY BUDDIES WERE THERE BUT THEY WERN'T LAUGHING, they were having trouble keeping their jaw off the tarmac.
Some people see what it is, Some people see what it can be.

Good Luck
195Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 10:57 PM   #27
Cecelia

1976 Argosy 22
New London , Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exsys View Post
Neither can I. What a little gem huh? Just wait until it is polished.
For what it's worth to you, I'm pleased you went for it. I'm looking forward to the saga of it's restoration!
ccbrand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 11:23 PM   #28
2 Rivet Member

1971 31' Sovereign
Watson , Louisiana
Wow. Thanks for the words of encouragement. For the record I knew what Melody Ranch was referring to. I just wanted to turn it around.

I am sort of glad it was in the worst shape. To show how bad it can be and how a small amount of effort can really turn things around. I know it looks horrible but a relatively small effort in cleaning will go a long way. No where near where it needs to be but this hunk of junk can be a gem under cobwebs. I will post pictures on this thread to show progress.

The only major work it seems to need is a black water tank, side dent repair and some areas of floor patching. Everything else seems to be okay but systems have not been tested like the refrigerator, water heater, furnace etc. Again others have started with worse.
Old 05-16-2012, 05:39 AM   #29
4 Rivet Member

1974 23' Safari
Vintage Kin Owner
1947 25' Spartan , Manor
I agree with the "wows". That's great that you went for it!
Eric H is offline   Reply With Quote