Originally Posted by Rae
What would be the value of a 22 ft Argosy.
Tires one year old. new
New gas regulator (automatic change over)
New gas water heater and controls.
New water intake port.
In good to moderate condition over all.
Carpet two years old.
I haven't been following values for Vintage Argosy coaches very closely for a few months, but I can provide you with this information:
- The floorplan of your coach can make a significant difference. If your Argosy 22 happens to be the comparatively rare Argosy 22 Rear Door floorplan, it should command a slightly higher price than the more prevelant front door floorplan.
- Condition of the paint, particularly on the galvanized steel endcaps can be an important consideration to some prospective buyers.
- Were the LP tanks recetified when regulator replaced and are the tanks steel or Worthington Aluminum -- Worthington Aluminum tanks with current certification will help to build the value of your coach on the market.
- Has the furnace passed inspection or has it been replaced - - a known safe and operational furnace will help to build the value of your coach.
- Are the axles in good condition -- axles in good condition will help to build the value of your coach.
I would suspect that the value range would be somewhere between $2,500 and $5,000.
Good luck with your investigation!
P.S.: You might find the Vintage Airstream Price vs. Condition Guide