Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-31-2009, 11:15 AM   #1

1962 22' Safari
Neshkoro , Wisconsin
'62 Safari-any ideas on a value?

I just aquired my first camper ever. I've always loved Airstreams and then this Safari came up forsale locally. The aluminum body is very nice and the interior appears to be original and in it's in very good condition. Pics are a little blurry sorry... I'm looking for more of what the going rate on these is.
Thanks in advance!

Edelbroke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 12:44 PM   #2
Rivet Master

Welcome to the forum Edelbroke!
I bought my '64 Safari a year ago and paid just over 5k. It had a new axle and tires, worth about $1200 to $1400 or the purchase price. The interior was complete and original, and rotting to pieces.
It looks to me that your interior may have been re-done. I don't recall seeing a layout with gauchos on both sides of the entry door, and the cabinet handle in the foreground, looks more modern, but I could be mistaken.
Rich the Viking
VIKING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 12:54 PM   #3
Rivet Master

1965 22' Safari
Vassar , Michigan
Value

I found and purchased a 65 22' Safari last spring for $2500.00. The exterior was in pretty good shape. The interior was original red mahagony. Fridge & furnace did not work. It had a newer working air conditioner. We felt we got a steel.
tkasten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 09:01 AM   #4
Site Team

1974 31' Sovereign
Ottawa , ON
Congratulations, Edelbroke, you have just bought a piece of history, and from what I can tell from your photos, a really nice piece.

We love to see pictures, especially of the real classic ones, as they are restored to a condition that allows us to tour this beautiful world in them.

Yours is a particularly interesting one, since it is today, as it was when it was made, a popular size of an ever-popular model. In fact, some Airstream enthusiasts feel that the period this trailer comes from was the Golden Era of Airstream.

So, we hope you will stick around and take advantage of the expertise available to you here, and we especially look forward to seeing lots of great clear photos of your trailer as you bring it up to date.

Happy New Year,

Aage