Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-02-2006, 05:07 PM   #1

Columbia , Missouri
30' Classic Limited Layout Question

We are considering the purchase of A/S Classic Limited. We like the trailer but don't really care for the water closet layout. We know that 28' and 30 foot A/S trailers have more of a walk-through design for the water closet. Is this an issue at time of re-sale? The reason I ask this question is that the only 2006 models on this dealers' lot are 30' with this floorplan. Is this a undesirable floorplan in an A/S?

Steve and Tina
SteveandTina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 06:12 PM   #2
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
I know one forum member that loves it. As for resale, I doubt it would make much difference either way.

I myself prefer not to have the head in between the bedroom and the trailer, but to each their own. I also at one point didn't care too much for the FB units either and they are the hottest selling units right now from what I understand.
Silvertwinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 06:51 PM   #3
Rivet Master

1995 30' Limited
Ashland , Missouri
Steveandtina, you can find lots of discussion about location of the bath using the search function on the menu bar above. Some don't like the mid bath or "walk through." Lots of others think it's a best design feature. We are ones who love the mid walk-through bath in our '95 30' Classic. On ours, doors open/close by sliding on both ends of the bathroom "hallway." When the doors are open, you look through the bath into the back bedroom, but don't really see anything of the bath but hall. When using the bath, both doors or the one separating the bath from galley can be closed. The effect then is a roomy bath that has dressing space in the hall/pass through area. This we really like. Another prime feature of the mid bath with the two doors is that one person can hit the sack early while the other nightowl stays up to read/check on forums, or whatever, and the bath is convenient without disturbing the sleeper. It also is great for when guests are bunking on the gaucho/sleeper and have easy access to the bath without disturbing the owners in the back bedroom. Well, more than you asked for, but these are our reasons for preferring the mid walk through bath arrangement. ~G
Chev Silverado 2500HD Duramax/Allison, 4X4, Crew Cab
WBCCI #5013 AIR #2908
WDCU
Go, Mizzou...Tigers on the prowl!
maxandgeorgia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 07:10 PM   #4
Rivet Master

2001 34' Limited
The State of , Ohio
The side bath in our 34 (and the 31) has the above listed advantages of the split bath, in that you can use the hallway as a dressing area, with hallway doors both forward and aft. One person can go to bed, and with both doors closed, either that person, or those in the living area, can go to the bathroom without disturbing, or being seen, by the other. You could have another couple as guests on the couch with the other in the bedroom, both accessible to the bathroom without disturbing the other.

What the side bath adds is you don't have to close off the hallway to go to the bathroom, and you can keep the bathroom door closed when not in use and still be open the length of the trailer. The side bath also has a double-wide wardrobe across from the bath.

In the 30/31 (same actual length), what you give up in exchange for the side bath and larger wardrobe, is the dinette. But then you have a fold-out table you can eat on. [edit] I think since we bought ours, Airstream introduced one that squeezes a dinette into a side bath unit.

We MUCH prefer the side bath and larger wardrobe, but my wife had to have the dinette and was willing to give up my half of the wardrobe to get one. :-) That's why we wound up with the 34.

The bottom line is that you have groups of people who prefer one or the other and whichever you chose, you may have to wait for a buyer that likes it if you decide to sell.
Old 11-02-2006, 08:36 PM   #5
4 Rivet Member

2013 31' Classic
Crossville , Tennessee
S&T, The 30' mid bayj is a design I wondered about as well, and fell in love with it. On the downside, very little wardrobe space for extended travel. Be advised, the 30' is built on the very same chassis as a 31'. They are both 31' long. The 30 indicates the dinette, and a 31' has a credenza, but offers very ;ittle more in the storage arena.
steelbird312 WBCCI #6673 jerry Hodge
2013 31" Classic limited
Have no intention of arriving at the grave safely, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, throttle in the other, totally worn out and screaming
"WOO HOO, WHAT A RIDE!"
steelbird312 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 03:03 PM   #6
Commercial Member

2016 27' International
Currently Looking...
Wilton , California
Hmm, Just learned something there...

https://www.facebook.com/VinniesNort...ir?ref=tn_tnmn
Airslide is offline   Reply With Quote