Old 05-24-2012, 03:05 PM   #1
3 Rivet Member
2013 30' Classic
Lakeland , Florida
2013 Classic Price Increase

Hi All,

I am new to the forum and learning a lot. Much thanks. We are in the market to purchase a new 30' Classic (2013) until the NJ salesman tells me today that the 2013's will increase in price by $6800 and the new model will have less features than the 2012 (no storage in the bumper, can't remember the rest). This would put the unit out of our price range with few incentives for the 13 model.

I don't really believe him, but what do I know about the yearly price increase of Airstreams, and I have been wrong before.

Does anyone have any knowledge on the price increase for the 2013's and their features? Also, any info on how dealers discount the last year models (2012)?

Freedomrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 04:07 PM   #2
Rivet Master
2006 23' Safari SE
Biloxi , Mississippi
Information here on the 2013 models:

and here:

WBCCI 10656 Southeastern Camping Unit
Associate European Unit
2006 Safari LS 23 ft
Formerly 1964 Bambi II

"I got a fever and the only prescription is more cowbell"
AWCHIEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 04:31 PM   #3
Rivet Master
2011 25' FB Flying Cloud
Anywhere & , Everywhere
I'm sure if your info came from Colonial that it is accurate.
Al - K4GLU is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 05:11 PM   #4
3 Rivet Member
2011 16' Sport
Van Wert , Ohio
There is no doubt that Airstreams are priced high....but we have found that the community and commradship of Airstream owners is well worth the cost. It has been my experience to look far and wide until I find the exact model, with the right equipment, for the right price I want to pay.
hissilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 06:01 PM   #5
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Virginia Beach , Virginia
New old stock

The good dealers like Colonial will clear their old inventory asap, and will discount it to do so once the new models start arriving.

However, the older models HAVE sat out in the weather for months, and small leaks may have gone undetected. The floor needs to be inspected just as if it were a 5 year old model. I'd insist on a pressure test for leaks - nothing else really reveals the little ones.

Brand new 2013's will get minimal discounts through the summer camping season. In the dead of winter you can sometimes get 20% off or just a tad more from a dealer.

One thing I do like that they've changed in the 2013 Classics is moving the batteries out of the body of the trailer and onto the front tongue. Easier access, no worries about corrosion or off-gassing inside the Airstream. Losing that bumper drawer not so good.

May I suggest you look at very gently used Airstreams? 2-4 years old. Big savings, huge in fact. You must be wary of condition, but some get put in a garage after 2 trips and are really time capsules!

Colonial has a great reputation, so if you're set on new and they have a 2012 - stand your ground for a good discount but go for it.

Happy trails, Paula
Today is a gift, that's why they call it the present.
Foiled Again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 06:25 PM   #6
Rivet Master
2006 25' Safari FB SE
Currently Looking...
Durango , Colorado
It's been my contention that if you factory order a car, truck or even an Airstream, that the dealer often times drops the price when flooring costs and promotionl costs are eliminated. Too, you pay for exactly what you want and you don't pay extra for something you don't want or need. If you can pay cash, there are even more savings. Still not convinced after 6 years that the perceived value is worth the high price.
Denis4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 06:45 PM   #7
3 Rivet Member
Hi,I have a friend that is trying to sell his 2005 28' Classic right now on the classifieds. It is in Excellant shape and well taken care of. He lives in Hershey ,Pa. Here is a great way to save $$$$$

Lancaster Co. Pa.
1999 28' Excella
Ford Diesel Van "The Obie Van"
WBCCI #2590
airstreamhobo is offline   Reply With Quote