Old 03-13-2010, 11:26 AM   #1
4 Rivet Member

2007 31' Classic
Pulaski , Tennessee
2007 Classic 31'-What would you pay?

I am thinking about purchasing my first Airstream. It is a 2007 Classic 31, single ac, TV and Stereo upgrade, Convection microwave. It is in very good condition. I've looked at NADA but I'm not sure how accurate their values are. Any suggestions on what this year and model should sell for?

Old 03-18-2010, 07:16 AM   #2
3 Rivet Member

2007 31' Classic
holland , Pennsylvania
i have the same trailer.it depends who is selling it and how motivated they are to sell.the supply of these on the used market is virtually nonexistant.with my hensley the trailer listed for 87k.look at some of the old trailers that people are asking 15k to 30k,then ask yourself what you would be willing to pay for the latest technology.i beleive in the long run that my classic will retain more value than any other trailer i have owned.alot of sobs that i have owned were worth very little after 5 or 6 years.

Old 03-18-2010, 08:43 AM   #3

2015 25' FB Flying Cloud
2012 23' FB Flying Cloud
2005 25' Safari
Santa Rosa Beach , Florida
Greetings from the Florida Panhandle

First off, welcome to the Forums. We're glad to have you with us.

As to your question, I have found that the NADA figures are usually low on Airstreams. Most often, they seem to go higher than this.

There is a brand new '07 31' Classic that a dealer has on Ebay right now. It currently has three bids on it and sit at $38M. The BIN price is $57M. If it has never been titled, I assume that it would have the two year factory warranty. The BIN price is probably a decent deal. I feel pretty sure that the thing stickered in the 80's.

The used one you are looking at should go for substantially less in the current market.

Brian
WBCCI #3628 -- AIR #14872 -- TAC #FL-7
2015 FC 25' FB (Lucy) with HAHA
2005 Suburban 2500 Quadrasteer (Olivia) & 2018 Silverado 2500 (Lillian)
moosetags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 04:13 PM   #4
4 Rivet Member

2007 31' Classic
Pulaski , Tennessee
Thanks to everyone for your input. My wife and I just arrived home with our "nearly new" 2007 Classic 31. It was quite a drive but worth it. We only encountered a couple of problems, the major one being that about half way home our brakes quit working. They worked fine for the first half of the trip home (about 200-300 mi). We stopped for the nite, at a hotel since we had no provisions in the trailer, and when we resumed driving this morning, I noticed the brakes didn't seem to be working properly. When we stopped for breakfast I checked them and they were totally non responsive to the brake controller. We have a Prodigy and the indicators on it appear normal. This is my first time with electric/hydraulic disc brakes. The reservoir appears to be full of brake fluid. The roads in Michigan were extremely rough at times and I assume something got jarred loose. Any idea what might be the culprit?
Old 03-21-2010, 05:55 PM   #5
Rivet Master

1963 24' Tradewind
Highland , Illinois
Congrats on your new trailer. As far as your brakes are concerned: I've had occasions where my umbilical was not properly seated. Also check the contacts and make sure they're not corroded in the cord and on the tow vehicle.

Air #4056

"Oooh - They have the Internet on computers now!" - Homer Simpson
cosmotini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 06:50 PM   #6
Rivets?

1992 29' Excella
2010 22' Interstate
Van By The River , Georgia
Check for Proper Ground

I too would check the umbilical cord first. But that's just a guess. Double check your ground connection through the umbilical cord connector. I had a similar problem and found it to be the ground connection under the TV was intermittent. Make sure the brake, tail, hazard and turn lights are working on the trailer - that will give you a sense of whether the umbilical cord and connector is good - althought not a fool-proof test.

You may have to break out the electrical circuit tester (aka volt-meter/ohm-meter) to check the wiring point to point.

Look for broken/loose/damaged wires. Depending on where your brake box is located on the trailer and the tow vehicle wires could have been snagged and damaged.

Good luck! See ya down the road.

Lucius
2005 Chevrolet Suburban K2500 8.1L
Got a cooped-up feeling, gotta get out of town, got those Airstream campin' blues...
nvestysly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 07:10 PM   #7
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Wichita , Kansas
I don't want to highjack this forum, but I'm in a similar situation.

I have found a used 08 Classic 30FB. I believe that the factory warranty is no longer in effect, since the consignment dealer is offering a 5 year service agreement through Pro-Care. It's in great shape other than a little rust on the hitch.

The seller is asking $62,000.

Is this a fair price?
Old 03-21-2010, 07:22 PM   #8
_

. , .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chikusho! View Post

...The seller is asking $62,000.

Is this a fair price?
fair 4 the seller? ya sure ya betcha!

consignment sales are almost always OVER priced.

typically the owner is UPside down on the loan and set the price too high.

the dealer has NOTHING in the sale typically, and may get a % or flat fee from the owner.

then there is the 5 year service plan with is where their REAL profit lies.

SKIP that extended service plan.
_________

do you have someone ('steam knowledgeable) who can INSPECT the unit in person ?

it may need little things like tires, batteries, bearing service, sealant touch ups and so on...

all of which figure into the good/bad price.

IF the unit LISTED NEW, in the mid 80K$ msrp,

it may have been originally sold for MID 60sK$... or less.

so 62k$ is LOT, and again probably reflects the current LOAN, not the value.

cheers
2air'

we are here on earth to fart around. don't let anybody tell you any different. k.v.
2airishuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 07:36 PM   #9
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Wichita , Kansas
I thought that they wanted too much for it. It was listed in the classifieds section a while back and I have talked a little bit with the owner. The msrp was $91, 849. I don't know what they actually gave for it. They haven't been able to sell it so I'm guessing they want too much for it. I was thinking of offering $45,000 cash and then negotiate from there. I don't know of anyone in the Denton Texas area that could inspect it for me. If anyone could, please chime in.
Old 03-21-2010, 07:50 PM   #10
_

. , .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chikusho! View Post
I thought that they wanted too much for it. It was listed in the classifieds section a while back and I have talked a little bit with the owner. The msrp was $91, 849. I don't know what they actually gave for it. They haven't been able to sell it so I'm guessing they want too much for it. I was thinking of offering $45,000 cash and then negotiate from there. I don't know of anyone in the Denton Texas area that could inspect it for me. If anyone could, please chime in.
well, used price is always negotiable...

and they may get exactly 62k$ for it, from someone.

at 91K$ they STILL may have paid in the upper 60s new or low 70s, unless they SHOW U the sales ticket that is all speculation.

often folks include the 'sales tax' they paid in those reported new prices...
----------

however...

45$ is perhaps CRAZY low, but that's your choice.

low balling in the hopes of buying at DISTRESS prices, typically turns the seller OFF big time.

i wouldn't consider a 45k offer seriously and won't waste time with a potential buyer in that range.

cash means nothing, you WILL pay them CASH regardless (unless u want the seller to finance your purchase)

62 and 45 are a BIG spread, especially for a unit that MIGHT go in the upper 50s to the right buyer.

you might MISS a lot of good buys trying to start so low...

and i would be SUSPICIOUS about a 30ft, 07 classic that did sell for 45k...

i think used buyers need to be realistic, set the MAX price point, limit themselves to a specific range of size and models and trim...

then dig HARD to find a unit that matches those criteria...

((and there is a thread on FINDING volunteer inspectors, i imagine denton texas would be CLOSE to a lotta folks here...))

good luck!

cheers
2air'

we are here on earth to fart around. don't let anybody tell you any different. k.v.
2airishuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 07:46 AM   #11
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Wichita , Kansas
I love low balling. If someone needs to get out from under something and can't seem to then they'll come around.

$62 is way too much to ask. Especially for an 08 that doesn't have a factory warranty and is already having rust issues. Forgot to mention that. I wouldn't offer more than $50,000 on a unit that is extremely rare like this one, not to mention a unit that some forum members have degraded, like yourself. Those classics are over-priced. The only reason I'd consider such a unique and probably difficult to resell unit is the wife. Frankly, I'd be happy with the 27Fb which I could find a lot cheaper, but gotta make the wife happy.

Anyway, I'll keep looking.
Old 03-27-2010, 07:10 AM   #12
3 Rivet Member

2007 31' Classic
holland , Pennsylvania
they will find a buyer for that trailer for about 58k.lowballing is fine as long as you have plenty of time on your hands.agood deal in 2008,would have been about 20 percent off of msrp.biggest part of the equation for the seller is finding a qualified buyer.with rv financing right now one late pymt and you are not a candidate.credit criminals need not apply.
Old 03-27-2010, 07:30 AM   #13
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Wichita , Kansas
I meant that as a joke. Negotiating is based off what the market value is at the moment. $62 thousand is a lot more than most people would be willing to pay for a used RV.

It was listed at 58 but now they 62. Seems a little odd that they would raise their price.
They seem to be willing to deal, but everyone that has looked at it hasn't had the money that they are asking for it.

I bet they would take 50 for it. If they don't, with the economy as bad as it is, it will set in consignment for another year or more. I've been looking for well over a year now and the larger used units don't seem to be selling very well, at least not in the classifieds.
Old 03-27-2010, 07:34 AM   #14
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Wichita , Kansas
Well I guess someone is gullible enough to pay that much. I just checked the consignment website. Apparently they have sold it. I guess I will be looking at another model. Can't wait to tell the wife. That should get her off my back.