Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Dollars & Cents > Trailer Values
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

View Poll Results: Quick Vaule
35k+ 0 0%
35k< 2 50.00%
32.5k 0 0%
30k 2 50.00%
Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-28-2012, 11:15 AM   #1

2007 19' Bambi
Pottsboro , Texas
2007 Bambi Int 19 value?

Hello all.

Prepping a 19' Bambi to sell. Need to get an idea on a good listing price.

Shower, stove, fridge, etc all still have manuals and or stickers taped to them.The trailer made it voyage to Texas via NM and has served as a guest room 3-4 times since. So less than 1k miles. The toilet was used one time, system was filled and flushed next day. That is the only time it has been used.

It was stored covered first few years. Recently semi covered. Maybe gets 1 hour of direct sun a day. Hitch has slight rust on lip edges which I would think is normal. As well as the low hanging battery box. Easy fix. Underneath is just as clean as the inside. No rust or wear on any pans or joints. Rear utility box inside and hot water heater are only ?'able things on her. Heater is fine and in working condition but has been threw the elements of N Texas summers and winters. Now the utilty pan (lower bumper tray ) is shot in one corner from holding rain water. So having it cut out and riveting new floor in. Does not go to frame.

So my few ?'s to the knowledgeable peoples of AF.

Whats its worth as is compared to fixed. Im in the 35k area repaired. 32.5k as is. With wiggle room. Does that sound about right? Paid 40k for it in 08.

Should I have the rust taken care of?
I have a guy that is generally mechanically inclined taking care of my engines etc. He says the rust job is fairly simple just takes sweat and time to do it right. $200 for supplies. Called the local AS they told me to sand it and spray paint it. Seems a lil rouge to me. Was going to grind it all off and POR 15 it, primer, paint.

Other option is to have AS cosign it for me. But guessing they will take a commission, then have the repairs done and end up costing me more than a few bucks anyways.

Im not really sure what I even have as far as what people may ask. In regards to power, model, gen etc... Stereo is upgraded thats all I know.

2007 Bambi International SE 75th ( is that proper? )
31 gallons Fresh
Paralax 7300
Hitch ?
Power Hitch and Jacks
Penguin AC 600
GVW is 4500
CCC is 508

Anything I am missing. Need to list everything I can as I really do not have time for tire kickers as I travel 2/3s of the year? Also looks like the smaller ones go quickly, should I be prepared for a fast sale. I would have to plan visits well in advance.

Will get outer pics later today. Shell is fine. Rear taillights and door handle and hinges are corroded. Awning is in excellent condition as well as rock guards windows etc. No rust or corrosion on shell rivets.

Thanks in advance to anyone brave enough to read this.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2677.JPG
Views:	119
Size:	162.3 KB
ID:	161932   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2680.JPG
Views:	128
Size:	144.5 KB
ID:	161933  

Name:	IMG_2682.JPG
Views:	105
Size:	139.6 KB
ID:	161934   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2700.JPG
Views:	134
Size:	218.3 KB
ID:	161935  

Name:	IMG_2687.JPG
Views:	143
Size:	193.6 KB
ID:	161936   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2691.JPG
Views:	113
Size:	122.1 KB
ID:	161937  

Name:	IMG_2697.JPG
Views:	119
Size:	127.8 KB
ID:	161938   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2701.JPG
Views:	116
Size:	206.2 KB
ID:	161939  

Name:	IMG_2726.JPG
Views:	168
Size:	735.8 KB
ID:	161940   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2676.JPG
Views:	146
Size:	185.4 KB
ID:	161941  

Texas Bambi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 01:41 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1973 21' Globetrotter
Houston , Texas
One sure fire method to determine value would be to take it in to the dealer who would consign it, have them appraise it and find out what they intend to list it for. At that point, I would imagine you can agree to it or walk away. If your availability is as spotty as it sounds, it may be worth the commission to let someone else handle the whole affair.

Another option would be to look at ebay at completed auctions and see if you can find some comparable trailers to see what people are willing to pay.

As far as repairable damage goes, I would fix everything a well as reasonably achieveable if you want to maximize your sale price. I have had plenty of experience with selling second hand items, and the typical buyer is usually looking for an immaculate item for half the price of a new one, and any defect they can find is ammunition. Besides, the type of person who buys a "like new" trailer isn't going to want to do repair work right off the bat.

good luck
Belegedhel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 02:24 PM   #3

2007 19' Bambi
Pottsboro , Texas
Thanks! That is about where I am at. Planning on having the hitch area done this holiday, then letting a relative handle the sale through the summer. I don't even own a tow vehicle atm so dealership will be the last resort as they are bout an hour and half away and I have till next year to figure this out.

Been tracking ebay a bit. Seems they get unlisted rather quick. I am assuming they sold locally or got a nice offer off the record. Looks like the traveled ones sweet spot is 29-30k So guess it will be just waiting out to find the right buyer looking for cleaner AS vs a deal hunter. Where the time should pay off.
Texas Bambi is offline   Reply With Quote