Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Dollars & Cents > Trailer Values
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-20-2009, 07:44 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Wichita , Kansas
2001 34' Airstream Limited Airstream

I have found an 01 34` classic slideout on Craigslist.

From the photos that the owner sent, it appears to be in very good condition.

I haven`t received answers to my questions from the seller yet, but I would like to know if it`s in good condition, what the average value would be?

I would appreciate anybody`s advice.
Chikusho! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 07:57 PM   #2

2015 25' FB Flying Cloud
2012 23' FB Flying Cloud
2005 25' Safari
Santa Rosa Beach , Florida
A fair value would be very dependent upon condition. It would be hard to say without a detailed description and numerous photograph.

Keep in mind that a 34 footer with a slide-out is the heaviest Airstream Trailer ever made. Ready to camp, it will tip the scales at well over 10,000# with a 1200# tongue weight. Pulling a 34SO around will require a significant tow vehicle.

Brian
WBCCI #3628 -- AIR #14872 -- TAC #FL-7
2015 FC 25' FB (Lucy) with ProPride
2020 Silverado 2500 (Vivian)
2023 Rivian R1T (Opal)
moosetags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 08:35 PM   #3
Rivet Master

1993 34' Limited
Melbourne Florida , Springfield Ohio
You probably have looked at the classified on this site. There is a 2002 34' with slide out $48,500. I agree with "moosetags" that condition is highly important as well as any recent improvements ie: A/C, tires, batteries etc. Best of success.
willyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 09:19 PM   #4
Rivet Master

1999 34' Excella
Joshua , Texas
I believe this was the first year for slideouts and they didn't come with locks. Several folks had them "walk" out going down the highway, before Airstream started adding the slideout locks to them. Just do a good inspection of the overall trailer.
Old 08-20-2009, 09:32 PM   #5
Commercial Member

2016 27' International
Currently Looking...
Wilton , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chikusho! View Post
I have found an 01 34` classic slideout on Craigslist.

From the photos that the owner sent, it appears to be in very good condition.

I haven`t received answers to my questions from the seller yet, but I would like to know if it`s in good condition, what the average value would be?

I would appreciate anybody`s advice.
Hello and welcome to the forums,

I see your location is in Tokyo? Would you be transporting this airstream to that location? What kind of vehicle would you tow it with. Its really a big guy. I have a 2001 30' S/O that we really love. Its heavy too but less than what your looking at. As far as the slide out locks. The unit is equipped with manual locks to hold the slide in place. No worries, nothing will slide out on the freeway. Good luck with your venture.. post pictures if you get it..

Vinnie

https://www.facebook.com/VinniesNort...ir?ref=tn_tnmn
Airslide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 09:32 PM   #6
Rivet Master

1987 29' Sovereign
Sparta , Tennessee
Send a message via Yahoo to wingfoot321
I went to the homecoming in 2004 at Jackson Center. Got to really look at one sitting outside that had just been built. I seem to remember a price tag of $77,000 list which the next price I remember was $81,000.

My memory may be failing me. Getting old you know.

I would think a 2001 would have cost less and be under 50% now. You need to think through what discount would have likely been given. 10%,12%,15% ?

Too heavy for me. They were having rain leak problems back then. Would check it closely for water damage.

I think you should be able to find units on Kelly or Nada blue books.
wingfoot321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 10:49 PM   #7
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Wichita , Kansas
I`ll take a look at the Kelly and Nada blue book values. I`m afraid that if I list the price on here the guy selling it may know who I am. $77,000 divided by 2 equals $38,500. It`s a little less that than.

I`ve got a Ford F250 diesel in mind with a class V hitch, I don`t think towing will be a problem.

Vinnie,

I would be storing it in Wichita Kansas until I can getting my moving arrangements taken care of. I`ll then pull it to San Francisco as a full-timer so that I can attend graduate school and hopefully reduce my living costs while in California.

Have you had any problems with leaks?

As far as I know nothing has been updated. The seller sent some photos and it looks like it`s practically brand new. However, they`re photographs so I can`t see any real detail.
Old 08-21-2009, 04:57 AM   #8
3 Rivet Member

2008 28' Safari SE
winter garden , Florida
sounds like a reasonable price and your f250 diesel will do just fine, I love mine
bob34787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 08:18 PM   #9
Rivet Master

1996 34' Limited
1976 31' Sovereign
1983 31' Excella
Greeneville , Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chikusho! View Post
I`ll take a look at the Kelly and Nada blue book values. I`m afraid that if I list the price on here the guy selling it may know who I am. $77,000 divided by 2 equals $38,500. It`s a little less that than. I`ve got a Ford F250 diesel in mind with a class V hitch, I don`t think towing will be a problem.
Vinnie,
I would be storing it in Wichita Kansas until I can getting my moving arrangements taken care of. I`ll then pull it to San Francisco as a full-timer so that I can attend graduate school and hopefully reduce my living costs while in California. Have you had any problems with leaks? As far as I know nothing has been updated. The seller sent some photos and it looks like it`s practically brand new. However, they`re photographs so I can`t see any real detail.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXX
Vinnie, if you are not in the area of the trailer for a personal inspection I would strongly suggest you get one of inspectors from this site to inspect it for you then you have the straight skinny right off the bat.
I am one of those inspectors, if it is within 50 miles of Greeneville TN there is no charge and I take pictures as well. Over 50 miles up to 300 I would expect you to help with fuel cost only.
Towing will not be a problem with a F250 if it is a newer model, (newer than 1995)

Sarge
SARGE/AF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 12:11 AM   #10
aluminauti

Where we , Park it!
Is the slide out the dinette version or the full couch version? If memory serves, the slide with the full couch had some problems with the slide due to the extra weight/size of this slide.

We looked at this configuration as it had a front desk/entertainment center and an eating bar in the galley. Neat layout!

Also, believe you may require a beefier receiver/hitch setup for towing the extra weight. Depending on the year of your Ford F250, you should be able to tow this unit.
whitelight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 11:21 PM   #11
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Wichita , Kansas
It`s the full couch version. I was actually thinking of remodeling it a bit. In particular, removing the entertainment/fireplace and replacing it with a couch and then putting a dinette in the slide out.
Old 09-06-2009, 11:23 PM   #12
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Wichita , Kansas
This is the link to were it`s advertised.

2001 Airstream Limited for sale in Port Charlotte, Florida - RVTraderOnline.com

I would like to mention that someone told me that this is the most undesirable layout.

Does anybody agree?
Old 09-06-2009, 11:36 PM   #13
aluminauti

Where we , Park it!
Really, it depends on what YOUR requirements are.
We liked the galley layout with the barstools, as we're not long on formalized table dining.

Also like the extra storage/desk in the front as we have lots of books, like to work on computer, etc.

So, these were pluses in our mind.

But, the couch on the side makes it hard to really see the TV (but I've seen this model with recliners)

As I mentioned in previous thread, this version of the slide did have problems that the dinette version didn't have.

This seems like a good price if all is working. If you do purchase this unit, you might want to "live" with this configuration before doing any serious remodeling - we've found that this approach leads to well-thought out mods. As well, there may be "hidden" services under the existing furniture that might present problems for any renovations, such as battery compartments, chargers, wiring, etc.
whitelight is offline   Reply With Quote